Chevy Camaro

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Chevy Camaro

Well I've decided not to go with a Ford Mustang, now i'm looking at Camaros. Once again i don't have much money so if I buy one it will be an old year. My cousin has a 91 camaro, and I fell in love with it, but I was wondering if theres any reason for me to not get one of my own. So if you guys can give me some opinions on the car it would be great, the only thing bad I heard about it is you can't drive it in the snow, but i'm not to worried about that problem. :D

posted by  Morphias87

may i ask why you are not concerned with this? does RI not get lots of snow?

posted by  SuperJew

Does it really matter? This is about the third or forth car he's been "going to get" in the last month. I for one have quit trying to help.

posted by  vwhobo

Morphias87: If you can find one with low miles that wasnt abused (as many of them are) then go for it. They are reliable cars with good motors. Good luck.

posted by  Sethro

The Camaro is a great car. I, for one, prefer the Mustang, but for in the Pony car realm the Camaro is my second choice. I say get one from the late 90's. Those LS-1's have plenty of power and respond well to cam/head swaps.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

Sorry I guess I'm asking to many questions :( , its just that I want my first car to be perfect for me. I'm sure you wanted your first car to be good and make sure its not gonna fall apart on you. I don't know much about cars so thats why I ask you guys for help on what cars I like and make sure there worth buying because you guys know what your takin about.

posted by  Morphias87

It's cool to ask for help but you're kinda running people in circles with the questions. Nobody in this forum can pick out you car for you. On the other hand if you throw out some specifics like basically what you're looking for and how much money you have I think you can get a lot of help.

I agree it's important to get the perfect first car. I've had my first car for almost 32 years now so I guess I picked right. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

I bet this past weekend has changed your mind a little. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

yeah I think RI was in the path of the storm.....

posted by  SuperJew

Lol, It has a little considering we got over 13 inches, but I still want to get a Camaro, but I did make $50 shuvling peoples drive ways. :D

posted by  Morphias87

get a trans am. you can put some sandbags or cinder blocks in the back during winter

posted by  LadysWarbird

talk about ghetto..... :D :rolleyes:

posted by  SuperJew

adds (cheap) traction. beats buying snow chains

posted by  LadysWarbird

Sand-bags cinder blocks :?: Always worked in every 2w pickup i've owned, and the ass-end is a lot lighter than a car. Just don't get to over confident.

posted by  lectroid

"Holla" if you carry concrete blocks in your (ya?) trunk. Especially "dirty" ones. 8O

posted by  vwhobo

cmon vwhobo ya gotta learn ure ebonics...its "dirrty" :D

posted by  SuperJew

That's why I'm practicing. Thanks for the tip. I mean...

Yo my homie, wurd to ya momma. 8)

posted by  vwhobo

wow. 8O

posted by  SuperJew

I've never seen a clean concrete block. Where can you get them?

posted by  lectroid

quick, someone slap vwhobo. he's gotten so good I think he's going to go ghetto on us!! lol, jp :D

posted by  Satty101

U hav tu bitch slap him like a ho !

posted by  lectroid

Yo my young brudda, I'm so tight I'm a phat dope. That's right isn't it? :D

posted by  vwhobo

how da hewl do i know foo. I ain't da one ya should be askin. I jus a begina fo real.

posted by  Satty101

fo shizzle, my nizzle. word up in da hizzile?!?!

posted by  SuperJew

SuperJew welcome back. weee've missed you.

posted by  Satty101

home depot

posted by  LadysWarbird

Me thinks there is a difference between "clean" and "new". And if it's in Virginia, wouldn't it be "dirrty"?

posted by  vwhobo

well theyre only clean when theyre new.... u could always drive up to maryland if u dont wanna dirrty block

posted by  LadysWarbird

Yep, and I think this has almost gotten out of hand. Ain't no clean blocks, try loading a couple of hundred :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

I've had a 91 Z28 and a 91 RS.....I loved both of them.....The Z28 had the 350 5.7 L while the RS had the 305 5.0 L.....Performance wise there was a big difference stock. The RS only having 170 HP.....while Z28 was pushing around 215. The RS (mine was auto) wouldnt spin tires from stop without pushing on brake and gas at same time....so dont expect it to just burn the tires out with the touch of the gas....the z28 was manual tho so i could spin tires pretty easy. I drove my RS too 192,000 miles then my tranny took a crap on me, while my Z28 i drove to 152,000 and sold it. They are extremely fun cars....just smack some kumho Z rated tires on the RS and it will deffinately handle like a beaste.....GL with ur decision and i hope i was able to help...L8ter

posted by  civisi99

You are the ultimate thread reviver....... :banghead:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Your Message