newbie here

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  newbie here

hey whats up everyone? hows it goin? im new here and just thought id say hi to everyone....well lata (rob)

posted by  twoloud4urears21

welcome to the forums, Rob

posted by  SuperJew

Hi I am new here. I am a female that loves old and new cars. I have a knowledge that is much greater then most men so try me. lol Feel free to introduce yourself to me.
:twisted: (leslie)

posted by  smokeb4fire2003

I am woman, hear me roar. That's one hell of a way to introduce yourself to the forum, a great way to make friends. So impress me with this since none of the "stupid men" have answered it yet.

What eight cylinder GM engine came from the factory with a 4.1253" bore, a 3.7502" stroke, and siamesed exhaust ports for cylinders 3&5 and 4&6? Simple.

posted by  vwhobo

to be honest i couldn't tell you exactly i know about alot of older cars but when i comes to engines i am stuck on the 450 hp big blocks so sorry if i have made a bad first impression
:twisted:

So you can't answer that, let's try this. What kind of "450 hp big blocks" are you refering to?

posted by  vwhobo

well let me see i happen to like the 454 how's that

Well, that's very technical. What can you tell us about a 450 hp 454?

posted by  vwhobo

Not a whole hell of alot lol

What happened to...

I'm trying but we don't seem to be getting anywhere.

posted by  vwhobo

Look I know alot about cars and that is what matters I worked for Advance Auto Parts for three years. The actual specifics of engines and what they do I can talk about but to sit here and try to name all of them off the top of my head is boggling to me. If you want to talk about cars with me fine then let's talk but I didn't join for you to try and make me feel like a fool.

Sweetness, you did that with your first post as we've already established. Working at Advance does not help your resume. So let's start over. Reintroduce yourself and tell us what you do know.

posted by  vwhobo

What I do know is that I know enough about cars and how they run to beat you in a race. That is all I really need to know .

Please, the floor is yours, explain yourself.

posted by  vwhobo

:lurk:
:popcorn:

posted by  BavarianWheels

no one's been able to get that?
jeebus, if someone can't work Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=chevy+bore+stroke), they shouldn't be allowed on the 'net (click that first link, good info there)

should be the 400ci, SBC introduced in 1970 (according to this site (http://www.afn.org/~afn14222/sbchist.htm))
got a buddy with a '69 Nova with that engine in it (not original, it was once an I6 car, i'll try to re-convert him one day)
he's slowly building the car up, back in June he ran a 13.97 @ 99.6 mph, here's (http://does-go.com/index.asp) his site

i may not have known the engine specs from memory, but i remember him talkin 'bout the heads

posted by  asa67_stang

Ding ding, we have a winner. Actually I would have thought the answer was almost a dead giveaway when taken in context with the thread it was in.

Wait a minute. How did you get so smart about cars? Are you a woman who used to work at Adavance Auto Parts? Cheater, you're smarter than most of us. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

i think i remember that thread, and was 'bout to post some smart ass comment along the lines of guessing that it was a 400, but i like to research my info first just to make sure
and then just as i was about to go research it i got distracted by the Babes section
damn women... why must they make me so horny?

posted by  asa67_stang

Smart ass? Research? Horny? Damn Air Force guys. 8O

posted by  vwhobo

that reminds me...

;)
i love my job, that i do
too bad my girl dislikes certain aspects of it
*cough* referencetotheaboveforourslowreaders *cough*
but with the application of a nice large frying pan, she's beginning to get me to see her way as well

posted by  asa67_stang

Gee, I don't remember doing anything quite like that. Maybe that's why I gave it up after 23 years.

posted by  vwhobo

i have yet to do anything similar to that either, i've already got one, why would i want four?
i do know of a couple guys tho... and i hear that overseas in places like Japan, and Korea stuff like that is rampant

what branch were you in?

posted by  asa67_stang

Air Force, Crew Chief, SMSgt, glad to be gone and have my pony tail halfway to my ass.

posted by  vwhobo

Bav - 1988 - 1993 E-4- Engineering Asst. Prime Beef, w00t w00t...::cough, cough, hack...spit, cough::

Oh how I hated the military life!! I did enjoy the work exp., though. Paid off and then some.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message