Locations of VIN Number?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Locations of VIN Number?

Hey, well earlier today my friend and i were looking at this truck and we noticed the VIN number was missing off the dash (rivets still there). I was wondering where else you can find the VIN number on a late model truck? Also what are some reasons a VIN plate might be missing? Can they ever just fall off? Thank you for your time.

posted by  car_crazy89

STOLEN, or the car had dash work done and they stripped it off but more than likely stolen!!!!!!!. check the door panel there should be an information sticker with the vin on it also,

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Well i do know the truck was once involved in in accident so its not all original. In which door would the Sticker be in? (driver or passenger) It is a 1989 Chevy if that helps.

posted by  car_crazy89

Driver side.

Lots of GM vehicles have them on pretty much every body panel.. Fenders, Quarter-Panels, Deck lid, Hood.. All vehicles have the VIN on the frame also.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Thanx for your help, i was wondering and thought it couldnt really hurt to ask.

posted by  car_crazy89

No problem, just take a look in the driver door of a vehicle you own, it will have a sticker with the manufacturing date, the VIN, carrying capacity and a lot of other information on it.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

I just noticed the vin in the windshield of my car is also missing, it is in the other places, just missing on the dash, do you guys know if I can get one reprinted, and where I could get it?
Thanks!

posted by  ashley

dealership they can order one. but you would be better to wait for the day you need to have the windshield replaced as most car and trucks the plate is rivited to the frame of the dash(remove dash to replace) most vin #'s are in many places door,trunk or spare tire coverboard,there's probably still the assembly list under the carpet with the vin# and options the car came with.

posted by  osborste

Cool. I need the windshield replaced. I wanted to see if I could order the VIN before changing the windshield. Do you know how much the dealerships charge? Anyway, whatever they charge I kinda need one, I'd rather have one than answer to the cops.

posted by  ashley

Your Message