2006 Shelby Cobra GT500

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  2006 Shelby Cobra GT500

They unveiled this...

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102047

500hp and 450+tq. Engine straight out of the Ford GT just detuned (5.4DOHC S'Ced). Pricepoint of only $39,000 and coming out THIS summer. Goodbye GTO... Forget the Z06... Welcome back GT500.

posted by  thunderbird1100

thats gonna be one heck of a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  jdubya

Damn... All I need now is 40 grand...... :banghead:

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Understatement of the year...It's going to be THE car. Carroll Shelby must be proud.

That is going to be one bad ass car man. Its going to be just as good as the Ford GT but be hell of lot cheaper. :clap:

posted by  Sniper1

Yea good luck getting it anywhere near MSRP the first year...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Yah, you'll get it for below MSRP. Hardly any of the higher performance cars go for MSRP, they're just too expensive.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

God damn it ! I guess now I only have 2 options, buy a paxton, or buy that car ! :banghead:

posted by  ode94

i think he meant higher... a $40k car that gives m3's a run for their money :hi:

posted by  mirot

It'll go down 15-20% under MSRP within a year... Just like every other Cobra (especially the 2003/2004).

I wasn't being sarcastic. It won't go for MSRP. It will sell for less.

Exactly.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

For those of us who are unable to read simple numbers, the car is being released June 2006. That would be NEXT year, not this year. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Damn, got so excited about the whole thing and screwed up the date. Honest mistake.

Yeah, I know what you mean about honest mistakes. After I submitted the post I went and looked at a calender to make sure what year it is. Old age sucks. :hi:

posted by  vwhobo

And to think I'm only 18 going on 19... Can't imagine 40-45-50 :sleep:

so why say "good luck getting it....."

i personally think this car will be too popular for dealerships to sell them below msrp.... thats just my :2cents:

posted by  mirot

Do you really believe that dealerships will sell this car below MSRP? Are you stupid? If the demand for the car will be high, why would they lower the price? They won't be struggling to sell them, they'll be struggling to keepi them. Your thinking completely violates the laws of Economics. If this car's MSRP is $39,000, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold it for $50,000.

posted by  -What-

That's what they said about the 93 Cobra...96 Cobra...03/04 Cobra... And everytime, after a year, they all sold well below MSRP. The first few hundred suckers will pay above MSRP (like the first few people who bought a new Mustang GT for $30k+) and then after so many months it will drop to msrp(just like every other Cobra, and like the new GT did about 2 months ago) than well below msrp after a year... Happens everytime.

the new GT is a mass produced car, and Ford said they'd make as many as demand required. that ensures that prices drop, which is the point of the car. The Shelby, OTOH, will be a limited edition, and probably not drop in price very fast. Although, if it did, it would make the car and even better bargain...

posted by  ChrisV

all i know is this....
at $50,000 this car would be good
at $40,000 this car would be great
and anything under that it would be freaking fantastic

posted by  mirot

Correct in that deduction you are. But I'm going from past facts. The GT drops in price faster, I stated that. The Cobra has always sold below MSRP after a year of it being out though. But I highly agree, this car for $34k sounds even better than $39k :mrgreen:

Your Message