93 cavalier power steerin

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  93 cavalier power steerin

my 93 cavalier z24 has a leak on the discharge line of the power steering pump. i would like to replace it, but i don't know the wrench sizes to remove the nuts. i have tried metric and us and neither fit correctly. any ideas?

posted by  wellerj

maybe it's that new special size that chevy invented? naw ....it's either metric or standard and it's probably either rusty or stripped already, get a flare nut wrench of the proper size and try that, or b4 it's completly round, cut the old line off close to the nut and put a 6 point socket on it or.... when it's completly round get a good set of "VISE GRIPS" and i say vise grips cuz no one makes vise grips like...VISE GRIPS, not craftsmen shit either, and just rip that baby outa there...righty tighty lefty loosey :thumbs:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Or... take the new line you're going to install and see what size wrench fits IT. 99% of the time they're going to be the same.

posted by  vwhobo

do you have a complete set of metric 15 16 18 20 included lots of cheaper set's don't

posted by  osborste

I'm sure I'm too late with this post, but you may be able to get it done right, and for free.
My 96 cavalier had a voluntary recall done on it for an issue with the power steering, but I can't seem to find the letter that showed which years were included. It may have been when they went to the new body in 95, but you might want to check with GM.
I think the recall campaign is 02008. (that's the right number, just don't remember if it's for the power steering or the ignitions switch recall)

posted by  rangeviper

Your Message