1994 Saturn - Seat Belts Don't Work...

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1994 Saturn - Seat Belts Don't Work...

We just purchased a used 1994 Saturn and the seat belts dont work, so I was wondering where I can start in trying to figure out what is wrong?

posted by  jroskos

neither side works?

posted by  sofaking

correct

posted by  jroskos

do they grunt or anything or totally dead? ....if they dont do anything i would surely find the fuse 1st it may be that simple

posted by  sofaking

totally dead....we tried finding the fuse but don't know which fuse is for seat belts because there was no label, but tested all the fueses and all were good.

posted by  jroskos

not sure were you are from so in canada the seat belts are part of a safety inspection and the place you bought the car from should be fixing this or you can contact the mto(ministry of transportation) or in the usa you will have to find out don't know what is on there safeties also check with a dealer there was a large recall on seat belts with the little red release buttons and if none of this work's then start looking at fixing it yourself

posted by  osborste

We bought this veichle used, knowing that the seat belts did not work and were hopeing to be able and fix them. As for the recallse there are none having to do with the seat belts.

posted by  jroskos

if you need to replace and want used one's from a wrecking yard check out
www.car-part.com

posted by  osborste

well, it's a gm, and my 84 'bird had belts changed under a very old recall that had never been done. Checked for a recall?

posted by  meckano

Your Message