pontiac boneville troubles

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  pontiac boneville troubles

Ok,
I have a 89 boneville...RUNS GREAT untill last week. Drivin round with radio on and enjoyin myself... going to brake radio dies and battery light goes on. My battery gauge reads that its still very high on charge then my car stalls. Starts right back up but been actin weird since. 2-3 times since then battery light comes on and radio dies even tho gauge says its still good, Usulaay during braking. Does anyone have any idea what MIGHT be the thing to check? I appreciate ANYTHING!

posted by  Chong 204

could actually be a transmission problem, is your overdrive turning off.

need more information.

posted by  carls47807

I believe it is turning off. The tranny seems smoothe. Im dumbfounded!!

posted by  Chong 204

do you know what your car is idling at?

try having the car in neutral once it is warmed up and idling normally. turn the wheel very hard to one side and see if it stalls. this will help you identify if it is a loss of power issue. you might just have to turn the idle up a little.

posted by  carls47807

Well,
Appreciate yer tryin ta help. Got home after 20 minute drive and heard BAD noises...Opened hood and saw odd spark near alternator. The noise appears to be coming from the alternator so I spose a new alternator is in order. Thanx for the try!

posted by  Chong 204

i have a1993ssei p/b, i just own it for 3 months
i need to know which one of the relays is for cooling fan
my car have some relays (about 9) i need to know which one is for cooling fans. i need to replace it.
:doh:
thanks for any help.:thumbs:

posted by  capitan222003

What do these say?

http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/han/19020.jpg . http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/chi/28200.jpg

Consider yourself helped.

BTW. This thread is over a year old. If you have something to say, maybe you should start your own.

posted by  vwhobo

i didn't think we would see two people that own bonevilles here...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

i just logged in here for a question i had. this is like other forums,,,, the same shit!!!! nobody help nobody!!!

thanks anyway for those weird answers.

posted by  capitan222003

I did try to help you. You're just not smart enough to know it. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message