MOTOR SWAP 2.3 Quad 4 into a 94 Chevrolet Berretta.

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  MOTOR SWAP 2.3 Quad 4 into a 94 Chevrolet Berretta.

Hi i m getting some information for a 2.3 quad 4 motor into a 94 Beretta. if you have any information on how to do it or how long and what i would need please let me know thank you . don

posted by  AutoGuys

You should go with the 2.4L Twin Cam (LD9) from GM. It has decent stock power and huge potential for more power. You can get a new one for $2500 at Pace Performance or go to a junkyard and get a used one dirt cheap and build it up. :thumbs:

posted by  GrandAmFreak

I wouldnt swap in the Quad Four. ytou hear nothing but bad things about it and have a friend with a 95 GA Quad Four that breaks down CONSTANTLY.

posted by  thunderbird1100

i would have to admit i've seen more running poorly than good. i probably wouldn't buy one for the water pump horror alone.

posted by  carls47807

Is it a base model? You might be better of with a 3100 than a quad 4. The 3100 has the potential to make a lot of power and doesn't have the bade reputation the quad 4's picked up.

If you're hell-bent on it, well, the Beretta GTZ used a quad 4, so you can probably get everything you need to do the swap without to much trouble. You'll want to do the transaxle at the same time, but it should be pretty straightforward.

posted by  Martian

A) what does the car have now?

B) if you're contemplating putting a V6 in it, i personally would recommend the dohc 3.4. it's about the same as putting a 3100 in, but more power. (same block config, anyway)

posted by  dodger65

Yeah those damn Quad Fours. The biggest mistake GM has ever made. Trying to be like the Europeans but cant even come close.

Bottom line is, dont EVER have a car with a quad four. You WILL regret it.

posted by  FordFromHell351

DOnt use a Quad Four dude. Theyre nothing but trouble. It you want to do a hell of a build up, try and find yourself and 3800 V6 from a Grand Prix, Bonneville, or and Oldsmobile, better make sure its the higher output Series II 3800. You can usually find one of these engines at a salvage yard out of a totaled car. Then you can take a supercharger off of a Grand Prix GTP or a Bonneville SSEi and bolt it right on the 3800. Then youll be in buisness, and your Beretta should kick some major ass.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Your Message