Fog Lights 66 Stang

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Fog Lights 66 Stang

Hey i'm watching gone in 60 seconds for the umteenthmillion time and i'm lookin at the head light/fog light set up they have with the frenched in pias i was wondeirng if they make that for a 66 mustang too and if so who makes it and where can i get my hands on a set.

posted by  slavboy1

i would think that if they made them for the 500, then they would make it for the 66 stang, shoot, theyd probably fit on both... could it be a universal foglight thing? cuz they do have a lot of those... or am i missing something?

posted by  mazda6man

Except for the fact that "they" didn't. As we've already established in at least one previous post, the car used in the remake was a stylized reproduction of a GT500, not a GT500 at all. The movie company took several garden variety Mustangs and modified them to look ALMOST like a GT500. It's very easy to install an aftermarket light in a custom made frontend. And I don't think slayboy wants to cut up his car.

posted by  vwhobo

[/quote] Except for the fact that "they" didn't. As we've already established in at least one previous post, the car used in the remake was a stylized reproduction of a GT500, not a GT500 at all. The movie company took several garden variety Mustangs and modified them to look ALMOST like a GT500. It's very easy to install an aftermarket light in a custom made frontend. And I don't think slayboy wants to cut up his car.[quote]

oh yeahh, thats right, i for got about that... my bad. but yeah, it would probably be pretty costy to have to go and buy a new front end if a mistake were to occur

posted by  mazda6man

mazdaman a bit confused on the issue of quoting tonight... :D

posted by  BavarianWheels

yeah, it messed up on me... and i cant seem to fix it

posted by  mazda6man

Works good for me. Let's call it operator error.

posted by  vwhobo

Yeah that car was by no means stock. I don't know how much you guys know about the headlight buckets on mustangs they're basically just the area around the head light so i figured someone must make like a fiberglass copy of the headlight bucket from Gone In 60 Seconds cuz it was a pretty popular movie, and a very popular car.

posted by  slavboy1

Ya...I was also looking for the Homing Pigeon option thing for my wife's car from the Speed Racer cartoon as it was also a pretty popular show.

:rolleyes:

posted by  BavarianWheels

seems about right to me.... there, now i got it

posted by  mazda6man

Wow funny guy BW you think that up all by your lonesome?

posted by  slavboy1

Are you guys looking for something like this? http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/vehicles/60sec/bodykit.html

posted by  Widowmaker2k

I think that might be what he's looking for, except the webite specifically says "So far there isn't a similar kit for 65-66 or 69-70" which leaves his car out.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message