93 mustang

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  93 mustang

I am thinking of getting a 93 mustang gt and am wondering what kind of gas mileage I should expect?

posted by  99integra

Around 9-12 MPG.

posted by  FordFromHell351

That seems kind of low. My dad had one like it and he got around 14-15

posted by  99integra

Depends on how you drive it.

Like a Grandma - 16/24
Like out of Hell - 8/15

posted by  thunderbird1100

It's giant 5 liter motor, and if you drive it conservatively (I'm presuming manual), you can probably get 14-18. I believ my friend's 95 GT gets around 13. But, he also abuses it alot.

posted by  Godlaus

Alright thanks guys.

posted by  99integra

It does depend mostly on your driving style. I have an H.O. engine in my T-bird(about 3800-3900lbs w/me in it) with an auto trans and a 3.08 rear gear. Mostly city driving, I was able to get 19.8MPG last week...that includes me dusting a few civics on my way to and from work. If you drive decent good fuel mileage is easily achievable.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

That is what I thought about the mileage but I just wanted to reinforce it.

posted by  99integra

5 liters aren't really giant...

posted by  dodger65

You know maybe its just me but I wouldn't be buying a mustang for fuel mileage, I'd buy it for the power.

posted by  x1/9-rally

Why buy a car that you can't drive because the gas prices are so expensive and don't want to pay twice a week to get refilled. :2cents:

posted by  99integra

My ex-roomate's '93 Mustang GT with the automatic got 15-22 in town and 30 mpg on teh highway (he went from Seattle to Portland, Oregon every other weekend. After riding with him once, and seeing the fuel he put in, I believe it. That was at 70 mph with the cruise on.). Hell, even my heavily modded 5.0 with automatic and 4.10:1 gears got 25 mpg at 70 mph...

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message