1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI with smaller supercharger pulley, or 1999 Camaro Z28?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI with smaller supercharger pulley, or 1999 Camaro Z28?

Who do you think would win this guys? The SSEI is one of my 3 cars and I love it to death. Plus its a fast little son of a bitch. Ive beaten many many many newer Camaros, newer Mustangs and even stayed with a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air WS6. (Ive also done an ECU upgrade and hollowed out the cat) But lately this young punk in a white 99 Camaro Z28 thinks he can take me. It sounds pretty tough, and he wants to race me sometime this weekend. Do you think my SSEI can take it, or should I break out my 84 Mustang GT with the 351W on this one?

posted by  FordFromHell351

I dunno, my buddys 2000 accord v6 runs for a minute with z28s, but never wins, plus the accord is prob a little quicker then ur pontiac. I would def break out the windsor

posted by  04subwrx

It won't kill you if you lose right? I'd take the chance and see what your Bonnie can do. Get 'er done. Besides, not like if you lose the guy will think he is some almighty king of cars, and if he does tell me and I will get a few friends to find him wherever in the US he is and take him to town with their rides. My car on the other hand=slow Especially right now since it won't turn over :ohcrap:

posted by  Flame Roller

Its ok, I walked him lol He was so pissed off. I put him like 4 cars behind me and was still climbing.

posted by  FordFromHell351

HAHAHAHAHh

Funniest post I've read in a while. A 1998 Pontiac Bonneville with a Eaton M90 supercharger makes 240HP with a mid 15 second 1/4 mile time. I have a very hard time believing you pulled 4 cars on a 1999 Z28 specifically engineered for racing. We're talking about a 305-320HP car that does mid to high 13 second times in a 1/4 mile..(I should know, I have one.) Assuming you have the stock supercharger, with the minor upgrades you mentioned above, I don't see it happening. PROVE IT :screwy:

posted by  Mengano

I don't in any way disagree with the fact that the Camaro should run and hide from the Bonneville under most conditions, but... Making the statement that a '99 Z28 is "specifically engineered for racing" is a ludicrous and laughable as anything he said. I guess that's what you call fighting stupidity with stupidity. Good job. :clap:

posted by  vwhobo

Do you know what a smaller pulley even does? It adds horsepower, doesn't decrease it if you didn't know. So far all you have shown is your ignorance. BTW chek and see when this thread was posted. Over 6 months ago I believe? :screwy:

posted by  Pythias

Stupidity? Camaro's, Mustangs, and the like are definitely made for racing. Why do you think they are built with a racing powerplant, with race seats, racing suspension. Goodyear Performance tires, exhaust etc? Would you find that in a non-sports car? Of course not. Vans and trucks do what they do, and camaro's do what they do best: race. Only stupid person here is you. What are you going to say next, that Ferrari's arent engineered for racing either? (Although I'm not comparing a camaro with a Ferrari :clap: :thumbs: )

posted by  Mengano

Listen MOMO..I know a smaller pulley will add power! SO WHAT? I never disagreed with that. You can make that pulley as small as you want and it still won't pull 4 cars on a Z28.

posted by  Mengano

Do you know what a racing seat is? OBVIOUSLY NOT. Do you know what a racing harness is? As in it is different from a regular seatbelt and is used with racing seats? Ignorance, Ignorance, Ignorance

posted by  Pythias

If you truly knew anything about cars, other than you think you look cool playing with your Hot Wheels Camaro, you'd know that they are not made for racing, they're made to sell as street cars. There is no doubt that a Camaro can be and has been a successful racing platform, once it has been suitably modified. The only place a stock Camaro runs competitively is against other stock Camaros in a stock class, such as in Solo 2 Stock and Prepared Stock. To believe differently is simply ridiculous and ignorant on your part.

posted by  vwhobo

Excuse me...!I thought we were debating in a thread about Racing STREET CARS...I wasn't aware racing was strictly for the track! Keep that in mind. Yes, for those of us who don't race at a track, we have camaros and mustangs to race on the street. And yes, the RACING seats or ok, i'll admit I should have said buckets) are as close as you get to Racing seats with a 5 point harness. Nonetheless, the point I was trying to make since we're getting off the subject, is that the SSEI story is BS unless he can prove it.

posted by  Mengano

Hey moron, let me refresh your memory. You very specifically stated;

Racing does not exist on the street. Little twinkie morons who haven't grown hair on there balls yet THINK they're racing on the street with their little wannabe cars. Racing however, is always done at an organized and legal venue such as a dragstrip, oval, road course, autocross, etc. Get a grip on something besides you boyfriends dick and join the real world.

posted by  vwhobo

SHUT THE **** UP YOU VOLKSWAGON BITCH HOMO! (HOBO)? Listen up FAG, Whether you disagree with me or not, you can have a regular conversation with someone while still disagreeing with them, even proving them wrong, without resorting to name calling and profanity. But OK, I'll stoop to your level; Go chase your Weiner around a track, while sitting in your racing seat, strapped up in your 200 point harness with your gay looking helmet and your 3000 point rollcage. Then, when you've dizzied yourself driving around the same track 8 zillion times sit on your shifter and jerk yourself off till you're comatose. Little know it all punk. :fu:

posted by  Mengano

Allow me to translate that for our non-ignoramus reading members;

Yeah, that's the ticket.

BTW, take a look at the thread jerkoff. YOU called me a name before I called you one. That is also a fact, so go piss up someone elses rope.

posted by  vwhobo

I started the insult? From the moment you first posted "FIGHTING STUPIDITY WITH STUPIDITY" I think most people would agree you're calling them stupid. What's up with the "hair on your balls" and references to "Mommy" and "school"? Do you have Penis envy? I think the only elementary school kid here is you. No wonder you're into Volkswagons..gay car for a gay kid. Besides Volkswagons are GIRL CARS! You're into zig zaggin' around the track and handling. Handling YOUR Boyfriends stick that is..

posted by  Mengano

Sounds like Twinkie is changing his tune. A couple of posts up your bitch (that'd make it the bitches bitch) was that I called you a name. Now it's being insulted. Keep moving the target so you sound like you're right. Good strategy, but it doesn't work here. If you behave and shut up for a little while, I'll tell you about the '02 Z28 that I hold the title to right now. How did I get it. I grudge raced a twink like you for titles three weeks ago and he lost. He's got till next month to come buy it back. What did I beat him with? My gay, girlie, zig zaggin', slow Volkswagen. I like wannabes like you who think they have a fast car. Would you like to be next?

posted by  vwhobo

Let me take a wild guess... Your one of those close minded muscle heads aren't you. I bet you live your a life a 1/4 mile at a time, don't you?
http://art-of-vin-diesel.com/tfatf/albums/userpics/10003/tfatf10.jpg

posted by  elchango36

You are talking CRAP until you PROVE you won pinks to the Camaro with your little gay Volkswagon. What did you do? Sprinkle fairy dust in his eyes right when both of you were launching off the dig? Show us your OH-magical LS1 killing volkswagon.. You think you can take me next? Sounds like a HUGE bluff from a person who doesn't even know how fixed up my Camaro is. I will swallow you whole if you dare challenge me on the blacktop. I will win the pinks to your wolkswagon, and I will have it crushed just to watch you cry in your panties.

posted by  Mengano

Closed minded Muscle heads..typical RICER response. What, are you part of his click too? No, I'm not a "Close Minded muscle head..again, going back to my original point that an SSEI with the disclosed upgrades cannot take a camaro by four cars with that setup, but now, due to VWHOMO, it is an official pissing contest..watch out, cause we're pissin' all over the damn place! LOL.

posted by  Mengano

I'm laughing so hard right now I can hardly type. That's just what the last guy said... About 30 seconds before he got shit on and got stopped trying to get off the track premises. I've been taking money off people like you since the '70's, no reason to stop now. When you think you can come close to running in the 11's, come on south. If you want to go faster, we can handle that too. :thumbs:

Oh yeah. WTF is "launching off the dig"? Something you heard on a Beach Boys movie? He got the leave, and that's what he asked for. If he would have asked for two and the leave, he might have won.

Tip for all Camaro "racers"; You'll go faster if you don't wear all of your gold chains or have your full race neons turned on.

Nighty night, Twinkie. Us big boys have to make money in the morning.

posted by  vwhobo

This tells me you think that only one type of racing exists, whoever can get down the straight line the quickest wins. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's more to racing than mashing the throttle.

This shows your incompetence and your inablilty to even tickle the idea that perhaps a highly modified Volkswagen could kill a Z28.

Now show me where I said my Civic owns???? You can't, can you??? So how exactly am I a ricer???

posted by  elchango36

Do you call everyone "Twinkie"? I bet your especially passionate about them when they're in your bum.. I got a nickname for you as well: Tinkerbell..since you like to sprinkle fairy dust in your opponents eyes to beat them..WOW..you've been racing since the 70's? Impressive old man, watch your back there! 11's? That all your car got? What do you think a late gen Camaro with a Vortech, tire swaps and some goodies will do?Be sure you bring your valium..Don't want you tipping over due to a stroke or anything... :laughing:

posted by  Mengano

You don't have to tell me you're a ricer..your taste in cars says it all.. remember the old saying "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it's a freakin' duck" even old man twinkle VW HOBO over there can agree..I'm not saying Camaro's own all, but I am saying the SSEI story is BS, and I'm also telling our old friend over there to find out what a person's camaro specs are before he starts talking garbage about how he beat one camaro and how he can do the same to mine. He sounds just like the SSEI guy. Wouldn't you agree that is an ignorant,uninformed statement? Just because I happen to be discussing camaro's doesn't make me a muscle head. You just jumped in and started pissin' with us without askin' questions.

posted by  Mengano

I showed you exactly why your actions make you a muscle head. As for my "taste in cars", how do you know them?? Can you tell me what they are??? What's my dream car??? So by your logic, how does my taste in cars says it all, when you don't even knowo them??? Oh, i get it, it's because I drive a Honda. Yeah, well your still an ignornat POS musclehead. And it wasn't about you discussing Camaro's that proves it , its your theory that all Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds are factory racebred beasts. Guess what, they're not. and the sooner you get that through your thick ass skull and into the tiny peanut you have for a brain the better, for all our sake.

posted by  elchango36

Enjoy having the pavement wiped with you and your Honda on a daily basis while we drive our "Racebred Beasts" as you dream of your favorite rice car.
Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, and the like were made for the performance enthusiast. Just like you ricers have your S2000 because you need to have your speed demands met also. They were created for those of us that wanted to buy a speed machine. Yes, it's a race car..whether you mod it or not. I'll say it again: Camaro's, Mustangs, Corvettes were made to race..they are not your grocery gettin', pumpkin totin', gas saving honda or SUV for picking up your kids..They're for kickin' ass on the blacktop. Don't tell me these cars aren't for racing. If that's the case, VW's and your Civics have no business being posted in a racing forum.

posted by  Mengano

Now your just being stupid. Seriously, a base model mustang or camaro was not made for racing. If they were, you wouldn't have Cobra's or Camaro SS. And the Corvette isn't even in the same class as these so called race machines. The Corvette is a car built for racing, it's not the same as your wannabe base line Camaro. And since when is this a racing forum??? This is a CAR ENTHUSIAST FORUM. You don't like it, get the FCUK out.

BTW, I'm still waiting for proof that I'm a ricer. Untill then, stop calling me a fcuking Ricer as I'm far from one.

posted by  elchango36

First of all, a Z28 is not a base camaro since there is a 6cyl version. Second of all, you say a Corvette is a car built for racing, but even that has an upgraded version too; the Z06 so your example is Null. Also, remember that the Corvette and the Camaro have alot of similarities, even the powerplant LS1 Engine, which apparently you must've not known. Therefore, you are contradicting yourself. Any sorry, but non ricers do not drive Civics..That's like saying you're not queer while you fondle some dude's ass..Lastly, this thread is about racing, and we're talking about an SSEI and Z28's, I've stayed on topic, so why are we discussing Volkswagons, civics and rice?

posted by  Mengano

Oh, so now its not all Mustangs and Camaro's are gods, just the upper trim level ones are Gods.

No it's not. The reason I said it was a car built for racing was because A.) it was, B.) You brought up the Corvette and tried to compare it with your little Camaro. Sure, they share some things, but they're in no means the same car or in the same class.

Would you care to give us the definition of a Ricer, as you clearly share the same ignornat ass view on the subject as the other ignorant pos's we've had come and go on this forum.

The thread sure was about racing, but this forum isn't. Because if I remember correclty you said

Remember? You did say that.

posted by  elchango36

1.No one said only upper level camaro's and mustangs are gods..YOU said Base model (6cyl) mustangs and camaros were not made for racing. (I don't disagree)
2. Yes, I said forum, I meant thread. (I admit err's on my behalf unlike other people.
3.Why do you keep referring to base line camaro's while nobody else is? We're talking about Z28's..get it in your head it's easy Z - 2 - 8..if you want to talk about base camaro's..go start your own thread.
4. A ZL1 camaro will smoke a standard vette, so you're right, a camaro isn't in the same class; Don't assume that because the Vette and the Camaro have their distinct differences that the Corvette is the "higher end" car.

By the way, since you need a definition of what you stand for RICER, here is your label, your definition, as best described by Wikipedia:

The slang term "Ricer" is used among automotive enthusiasts to refer to a car, usually a compact car or sedan, that has been aesthetically customized to give the appearance of a high-performance vehicle. This practice is derived from a similar practice usually performed on imported cars, which are usually Japanese. However, generally the verb "rice" or "rice up" can be used with any kind of car as its object. As with any riced-up vehicle, American ricers can be given a wide variety of style oriented accessories, including spoilers, chrome rims, body kits, carbon-fiber hoods, custom paint jobs, and expensive audio systems. A riced-up vehicle has not necessarily had any improvements to its engine though.

posted by  Mengano

Good night Smacked asses..I ain't coming back or reading any more stuff in this hell hole...have a nice time talking smack on this thread! I hope you know i enjoyed riling all of you up. :mrgreen: :laughing:

posted by  Mengano

You sure did disagree ...

Please point to my chrome rims and my lack of engine mods. Oh, almost forgot, and my stickers. Good luck with that.

posted by  elchango36

See Below1290

posted by  OVERBURN

...Look at this retard, riding on rims...this is a rim:
http://www.henderson-recreation.com/images/Components/Park/Games%20and%20Sp orts%20Goals/SA-BP007-00.jpg

I don't think that's rice: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2097000-2097999/2097793_3 5.jpg

\/\/\/\/You\/\/\/\/ :thumbs:
http://www.porkisnotaverb.com/media/5/funny%20retard.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

BTW..your sig is Gayer than the car...:asshake: no offense ..(paradoxes are funny:-) )

posted by  OVERBURN

Hey Twinkie. Do you have anything useful to add to this forum, or are you just here to display publically how stupid you are? Tell your mommy it's time for you to go to bed and she needs to shut off the computer.

posted by  vwhobo

What the HELL? Who and where'd you come from? Are you guys butt buddies or something that you're defeding him? And who the hell is twinkie? I think, Megano, or Mengano whatever is right..you like twinkies in your rear..you talk 'bout em too much..GEEZER...and by the way, that is the most stupid lookin' orange car I've ever seen...Is that your DRAG QUEEN?:laughing: :orglaugh: Can you tell us what Your VW has done to it already so we can all laugh at you? And no, fuzzy dice don't count as a performance mod...

posted by  OVERBURN

...YOU ARE MENGANO :banghead:...stop trying to act like you're not, we all knew it from your first moronic post :doh:...I noticed, in the picture you showed, you used the word GAY a lot, it couldn't possible mean...wait a minute, it does...Where'd you learn English?...A drag queen is:
http://www.wrinklesofwashington.com/playagain/flame.jpg

...Speaking of Fuzzy dice, you're mom likes-- no, I won't stoop to that.

BTW V8's are the greatest shows how narrow minded you are...

This would be my last post to you :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

I think youre afraid to come out of the closet as every other word that comes out of your pie hole is the word "gay". Megano/Overburn whatever you want to call yourself, You have showed everyone on this forum how F*ing sad you are. You left for a couple of days only to come back under a different alias and start the name calling again. I'm done stooping to your level. Say whatever you want, your credibility here at CF is, well lets face it you don't have any. Have a good F*ing day :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

Your Message