jeep liberty

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  jeep liberty

I was just wondering if it was worth it / possible to tune up a jeep liberty (performance wise) for about $4,000... if so, what would you do.. :wink2:

posted by  mirot

Always start with the basics.

Freer flowing intake and exhaust would be my first upgrades to any vehicle that I wanted more performance from. Probably finish off that $4k with sport wheels and tires and maybe stiffen up the suspension with larger sway bars.

That's about as far as $4k will take you if you're using quality parts...

But seriously, a Jeep Liberty?
I guess if you want to go for unique...

posted by  Gothicaleigh

Exhaust is good, Borla has a asweet dual exhaust for the Jeep. But then I would raise it a couple of inces, put some better "performance" tires on. To get more HP there are a lot of things that you could do that are in that price range, namely induction, chips, ignition,......... Be more specific if you would like off road or on road performance.

posted by  Voda48

yea, sorry... on-road performance... :)

anyway, thanks for the tips

posted by  mirot

This may not be what your looking for, but, you could see if you could find a V8 Hemi out of newer Jeep Grand Cherokee. :thumbs:

Just an idea though. Those engines would be hard as hell to find, unless you decided to go buy a new Cherokee and take out the engine. Or find one in the junk yard.

If your going to do performance, I would make it into a off-roader.

posted by  FordFromHell351

:banghead: its painful, that would be a horrible idea and not logical.

posted by  Voda48

My wife owns a 2002 with 3.7 A/T. Save your money, you picked the wrong Jeep. First all the claims that the performance parts people say, is only part true. Cold air. $300.00 about 7hp, and the list just goes on. With most of these you will not notice anything at all. The reson is, it was took from a 4.7V8 and has the same problems. The lower end needs to be replaced if turbo or supersharging (as per Kenny Bell) he did one for SEMA that was all he will do. Change gas will get you more, or if you have to have a Jeep trade it in for a New Grand Cherokee SRT8.

posted by  rwl52

this thread is, like, old and stuff... i wouldn't mind seeing a "supersharged" jeep liberty, tho... :wink2: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

You can probably get it as a crate engine from Mopar.

posted by  PontiacFan27

im just wondering, is the liberty whats known as the cherokee in europe???
(cherokee)
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2004/10/06/6jeepCherokee1_m. jpg

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message