Engine Swapping Baby!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Engine Swapping Baby!

Ok guys, I just bought myself a 1995 Saturn SL2 Twin Cam for $200. The engine is locked up. I also just found in a junk yard, a totaled 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V. The engine in it is still in working order, it starts right up. I can get it for around $1,500 and I wanna take out the engine and put her in the Saturn and make it around a 12-11 second car. Sound like a good idea? Let me know what you guys think. :mrgreen:

posted by  FordFromHell351

sounds like a lot of work, but whatever floats your boat. if you're ignoring current trends and actually trying to create a "sleeper", you have my full support and best wishes...

posted by  dodger65

Sounds good. What kind of driveline does the Saturn have?

posted by  abless

he kinda already told you, 1.9 dohc. the only real question is: stick or auto?

posted by  dodger65

I meant which wheels are powered. I'm guessing FWD.

posted by  abless

Its a FWD car w/ a 5-Speed manual

Yeah, its gonna be a sleeper. Then only exterior mods Im going to do to it is probably put on some 17" Racing Hart rims, lower it a little, and then paint it.

Im thinking something like metallic black or a darker crimson red color.

Good luck with that. That's going to be a lot of money spent... Never been done before.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Why do you think Im gonna do it? Itll be the only one! :mrgreen:

You know the saturn 1.9 is actualy pretty fast. My friend has a 96 sl2 and it kicks the crap out of Jettas,civics,neons,and the focus. I'd say to put a 2.2 ecotec in it if you just have to do a motor swap to be cool. the stock 1.9 puts out about 124 hp and the ecotec has about 140 hp,and you can rob the supercharger off a cobalt ss to make a 200hp ecotec.

posted by  x1/9-rally

Thats a nice idea. Ive seen the 1.9L Twin Cam Saturns stay with some Camaros. Im still gonna stick with the Nissan transplant though, Ive already got the engine yanked out of both cars and am working on getting the Spec-V motor in the Saturn. It will be hella fast once, it might take some tuning to get it right, but no one else will have anything like it! :mrgreen:

This is a site that i cam arcoss while surfing the internet..This guy boosted his Saturn and theres a whole lot of information on the site about the build up. Tons of videos and ever him smoking the shit our of a SS Camaro :clap:

http://www.qksltwo.com/home.html

posted by  Eclipse_2004

Your Message