dodge srt4?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  dodge srt4?

I live in soutern ontario and I have seen people talking about this car on here, I have yet to see one that i know, by any chance is it the same thing as a sx 2.0?

posted by  jarvisx2000

Nope, not even close to it. SRT-4 has a turbocharged 2.4L.

posted by  thunderbird1100

and thats just the tip of the iceberg......

posted by  Inygknok

The SRT-4 is Dodge's factory race car version of the Neon, and one step up fom teh old Neon ACR (which not too many people know about). The turbo 2.4 liter DOHC engine puts out a rated 225 hp (though factory stock ones have been known to put down more than that to the wheels on a dyno). there are 3 factory upgrades for the engine: 250, 275, and 300 hp, al but the last one retain the factory warranty. The '05 models come with a limited slip (which was necessary) so that they handle even beter. But all the SRT-4s were designed with road racing and autocross in mind, and not drag racing, just like the ACR's.

The SRT-4 is a screaming performance deal.

http://photostore.automark.net/stockphotos/jato/usa/dodge/neon/2005/4sa%20s rt-4.jpg

http://www.racerchicks.com/images/motor_IM/dodge11.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

now what I have to wonder is, what would be cheaper...

going with the stock srt-4

or taking a sx2.0 sport, and buying aftermarket parts, essentially turn it into a srt-4?

I think that you could almost pull that off. Hell, you can buy the sx2.0 sport with a srt-4 body package...that leaves the engine mods and suspension mods...

msrp on srt-4: 28,480.00
mrsp on sx2.0 sport with body kit: 21,400.00(body kit is 1,695.00, could probably be done better for less aftermarket, so without kit 19,705.00)

those prices = CAD

posted by  dodgerforlife

Me and my friend were agruing i guess you could say about the differences between a regular Neon and the SRT-4 not too long ago.

posted by  car_crazy89

Plus limited slip differential, brakes, wheels, tires, weight reduction, turbo/intercooler.

posted by  abless

The SRT-4 is a great deal. Fun car in my opinion.

posted by  StiMan

Yes its a fun car.....but....its dodge.....iand i know what those CHEAP peices of crap are like........we have a chrysler neon R/T it falls apart evertime you drive it......we just got a new ram 1500.....magnum not the HEMI....and so far we`ve replaced the transfer case, back bumper cause it was rusting off, weather striping, and now the transmission. If ya want some fun, buy an import....it will make it out of the dealership.

posted by  HONDA'Z 4EVER

anyone else going to call bullshit on this one? Cuz I sure am. A new truck would not be so horrible that it has that many problems unless you BAG the absolute SHIT out of it, and even then, it would take some effort. Any truck would do that. Hell, any IMPORT would do that. As for the "rusting bumper", if it was a new truck, I think thats a lie.

posted by  dodgerforlife

what im trying to figure out is why you are bagging on anything in this part of the forum. you should be in the import section if they are so important to you. think about that.

and as far as the srt i say its a good deal and i know a guy who has one and its the best little car he has ever had.

posted by  frizzal

anyone else lost here too?.... that really didn't make sense...you harping on me or Honda lover?

posted by  dodgerforlife

I think he's talking to Honda lover.

posted by  car_crazy89

STFU, moron.

You want to come here and point out where any part of my "cheap" Chrysler PT has anything wrong with it? 3 years and 60k miles, and it's still like new, without ever having a problem. I even autocrossed it for a season to start with and it was STILL fine. I've driven it from Baltimore to Connecticut, Maine, Virginia Beach, and Orlando, Florida a few times, as well as daily driving it. Apparently it never had a problem getting out of the dealership. OR with being fun to drive on the street OR on the track.

Maybe you need to keep your narrowminded, insulting ass out of any car forums until you actually learn something.

posted by  ChrisV

I have had lots of probs with my 2001 Chrysler T&C, but any first year edition car has probs. I think that the Neon has been around long enough to have the major kinks worked out. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Back on topic, the reason you haven't heard much about them is because Dodge hasn't brought them to Canada yet. Who knows if they're even going to? But yeah, the SRT (Street and Racing Technology) team started with a Neon, now known as an SX 2.0, although the end result isn't really much like the original.

I don't think I'd ever buy one, myself. Seeing that gigantic wing in the rearview mirror all the time would bug the hell out of me and I don't really like the styling, plus I reckon I could build a similar car on my own rather than buying it off the lot and end up with something unique to boot. Not saying it's not a good car, I've heard a lot of good things. Just not for me, is all.

I'd consider a Crossfire SRT-6 if they offered a manual trans in them, but for some unknown reason you can only get them in automatic. Or will be able to rather, when they actually hit lots. I guess I'll be waiting for the 300 and Magnum SRT versions.

posted by  Martian

SX 2.0? What is that? Maybe thats some Canadian term, never heard of that here.

What about the SRT Charger? That will be a car to look forward to. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Actually, the LSD came in 2004 and up models.
The 2004 and up models also come with bigger injectors.

You got that right. They also have an ACR version available as of recently. Comes in white only, upgraded shocks, viper inspired seats with holes for harnesses, as well as 16" BBS wheels. ;)

The wing really doesn't distrub me. ::shrug:: But you have to admit it's a great bang for the buck. :) As far as being original goes, I totally agree. I always thought gettin' me a Impreza Coupe RS and droppin a turbo in it would be fun. You definitely don't see those around as much as other cars like civics.

Probably the same thing as the SXT 2.0. SOHC.... booo!!! :banghead:

posted by  SpdRcrChk

errr....SRT-4's are in Canada....I test drove one at my local dealership and considered buying one, then remembered that I don't like cars, and prefer driving a truck any day :wink2:

posted by  dodgerforlife

As a First Gen Neon Owner, when I bought the car (a 1998 Plymouth Expresso) back in 2000, I loved it. It NEVER broke down until I started messing w/ it. Thus far I've upgraded to a fully rebuilt 2.0L DOHC motor, P/Ped head w/ oversized valves, longtube header and my-own-design exhaust, crane cams, and various other nick-naks. The Dodge SRT-4 is probably the BEST car I have ever driven. My friend in Texas had one and asked me, since I was a Neon-phite, to drive it and critic it.....I gave it 5 thumbs up! It was a 2004 model SRT-4 and I loved it...more than my modified 98 Expesso. If your going to buy a FWD car for under $22,000...get the SRT-4...before MOPAR stops making them!!!

Ditty

posted by  Ditty

Well, I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. They were originally released in the US and due to not especially liking them I haven't watched them very closely, I must've missed it when they started being imported.

posted by  Martian

I have yet to seen one on the street yet, I did see one at the dodge dealership on y way to work today, it's a mean looking neon, thats for sure.

posted by  jarvisx2000

Your Message