Favorite Muscle Cars

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Favorite Muscle Cars

So (everyone), what are your favorite muscle cars?
Personally I like the 69 z28 or the 67 427 'vette

posted by  TurboLag

what about a 77 trans am. those are beautiful cars

posted by  jarvisx2000

69 yenko nova. whats up!

posted by  frizzal

1964-1969 Pontiac GTO.

posted by  hondaman

Shelby Cobra :drool: or a 1965 Mustang with a 454 big block conversion

posted by  99integra

mine would be an oldsmobile 442 red with white strips
buik grand national with air plane fuel (yes it can be done i know my mom's uncle put air plane fuel in one it was xtreme loud)
1973 road runner
chevell red with wite stripes and the original pin striping (if there ipin stiping)
smoky and the bandet trans am
1969 charger r/t
gto aka the goat
any year camaro :laughing:

also if you like chevel's you should try this site http://www.noneckschevelle.com/toc.htm

posted by  google.com

What qualifies as a muscle car? One that has a higher torque figure than horepower?

In that case: Dodge Viper SRT-10

posted by  Godlaus

dude thats an new muscle car they mean old like a road runner

posted by  google.com

Number one would be the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T w/426 Hemi, and number two/three would be 1969 Dodge Daytona and 1970 Plymouth Superbird w/440 sixpack. MANY more but you said favourite(s) and these are more my top cars.

And holy 99integra lol, you must really like the 454 if you would want to put one into a 69 Charger and a 65 'Stang.

posted by  car_crazy89

My dad had a 69 Z, he said the only things that could smoke him was maybe a boss 302 or a 67 vette on the straight-aways, then again he did have his engine rebuilt to over 500 hp

posted by  TurboLag

I love our '71 Centurion:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/trombinoscar/buick/bk710303.jpg

That's not a picture of ours, but it looks exactly like that one.

Hemi 'Cudas are sweet muscle cars too, probably my favorite ones.

posted by  moostang104314

77 was pretty, but it was a dog. The last good muscle car year was '74, after that the gas crunch pretty much killed american muscle. Damn arabs and all their oil... :banghead:

posted by  TurboLag

I loved my dad's old Firebird (1975). He pretty much built/put it together himself. Fast car too as i've been told. Had a 427 bbc and he even have the extra snowflake (honeycomb) wheels with slicks for the back and had the trailing bars also. It was a daily driver until winter cause it hated that. It apparently did the 1/4 mile somewhere in the 9 sec range (no proof but could try and get pics up if needed, dont know about engine pics). Traded it for a dismantled 1985 Cutlass (to my uncle) who then broke out the back window and took the Firebird to the junkyard. :ohcrap:

posted by  car_crazy89

Whaaaaat? thats a shame, no TA should be junked, my dads 74 had the same wheels, he said he'd outrun quite a few cops while he had it, even got it airborne :laughing: . Firebirds are great. I would love having a 69 or a 73.

posted by  TurboLag

1967 - 1968 Mustang GT 2+2 Fastbacks
1969 Mustang Boss 429
1968 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi 383 6-Pack w/ Pistol Grip shifter
1970 Pontiac Trans AM w/ big block 455

posted by  FordFromHell351

a '67 Shelby Cobra or a '69 Mustang Mach 1

posted by  Ghost

You know it :laughing:

posted by  99integra

If you want to use that criteria, then you can also add a semi. :wink2:

posted by  hondaman

Well i really dont see a problem with it lol. Its always good to be different. And could you imagine the look on someones face when they lift the hood and see a 454 in a Mustang or Charger :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Something fun to do to fool/bug people would be add door poppers (as if you had shaved handles) and keep the handles on the car but weld them in place so they no longer work, just there for show. Try watching a friend get into your car then. Any little custom mods would be fun to try and trick people and you to get a good laugh. And sorry, not trying to thread jack.

posted by  car_crazy89

'69 Cuda Formula S is the best muscle car.

posted by  MoparMan

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/forsale/69bar383s/69cuda3832.jpg
i have 2 disagree with you ther.

posted by  Richymartin

Well technically the Vette isn't a muscle car, its a sports car. How many muscle cars have 2 seats?

posted by  x1/9-rally

1966 427 Cobra

posted by  M3er

Personally, as a 16yo in VA as well (not a rednek, still wear shoes, and to boot, im civilized) I hapen to favour the 70' challenger. :clap: :clap: MOPAR ALL THE WAY!!!!!! down with the fords. :cussing:

posted by  MUSCLEMADMANN

....Tsk, tsk, tsk.

You shouldnt have such a closed mind. :banghead: Lets see that 70 Challenger take a 1969 Mustang Boss 429. :hi:

posted by  FordFromHell351

My favorite muscle car would definately have to be the 1967 Shelby GT 500.

posted by  TheGreenBeast

Look....someone revived a thread :banghead:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Its only about 2 and a half months old :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Still.... :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Could of been worse.... like a year old what to buy thread :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

Hate it when n00bs do that :banghead:

posted by  SlipKnoT

I usually just dont pay attention lol, they'll get f;amer by someone eventually.

posted by  car_crazy89

Yea, i guess that was an old thread. I never pay attention to dates in forums.

posted by  TheGreenBeast

Meh, i dont think it was that bad :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

'67 mustang gt
'69 camaro
'74 el camino with 400 big block

posted by  Spanky2324

Your Message