new Ford Taurus..any good

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  new Ford Taurus..any good

I have heard some bad stories, anyone have any comments on 2004 or 2005 Taurus, good stories welcome too.

posted by  pizztank

When has there ever been a good Taurus :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I was in a Ford Taurus (96 maybe) in Alaska and the brakes cut out. It turns out that haveing that problem happened on many of the (whats the plural of Taurus?) Tauri of that year. So I dont really like them, so I pretty much agree with what 99integra said.

I also heard that they have stopped making the Taurus because they are now making the 500, but I may just be making that up. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Nothings wrong with any year of Tauras. They are good reliable cars. On the newer ones though the right rear strut tends to go bad.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Consumer reports hated the Tauras and called it unreliable

posted by  99integra

Ive driven the Taruses, and even had a couple, never had a problem with one. One that I owned (a 1995) I ran up to 200,000+ miles, the other (2003) was at 173,000 when I sold it and was still running strong. Both had no problems. Its just about how people take care of their cars, thats all. Every car will last along time if people change their oil and filter regulary, and just to regular matinance on them.

i'd recommend leasing one if you have to have one... no offense, fordfromhell, but i've billed more dollars fixing tauri than you'd believe (suspension, transmissions, brakes,head gaskets, exhaust--gotta love those cats/y-pipes!) i get the impression that they are good cars until they're out of warranty, and then they seem to get really expensive. just an opinion based on shop experience-- NOT an attack on fords or fordfromhell, although i'm sure he'll probably have something to say... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Build quality, there's the problem. My friend has a Taurus and he spends more time waiting in the shop with it than he does driving it. Don't know about the Ford 500 yet, we'll find out about those when the warranties expire. But I wouldn't trust a Taurus to last any farther than it's warranty plan.

posted by  hondaman

The Ford 500 has been rated one of the safest cars around. Im liking the new 4WD thing they have going on, they will probably surpass the Taurus. I have yet to drive one though.

Your Message