1995 Saturn SL2/ 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec-V Engine Conversion a SUCCESS!!!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1995 Saturn SL2/ 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec-V Engine Conversion a SUCCESS!!!

It lives!!! I finally got the damned thing in there. I had to get custom motor mounts but I finally got it. It runs too. I spent about an hour and a half getting the timing right. She sounds so awesome. I took it out for a drive yesterday and I got a few takers :laughing: They learned never to mess with this old thing again lol

Anyway, my question is: Im low on money at the moment, and the car needs some new rubber...badly. The tires (especially on the front) are almost bald. I need some cheaper performance tires. Up until now I have been getting BF Goodrich G-Force tires for my cars. But now I dont have that much money.

Anyone know any cheap good tire brands that make good grippy radials?

posted by  FordFromHell351

cooper cobra :thumbs:
do you have any pic of the conversion and finished product or a car domain page?

posted by  Eclipse_2004

Not yet but I should soon! :thumbs:

How cheap are we talking here and what size tire are you looking for?

The best performance/price tires I have personally seen is the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 and Yokohama AVS ES100. I'd try looking at both of those.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Well, Im looking for tires that would fit 17.5" rims. Im putting on some Racing Hart C4s. Ill take a look at those tires, thanks.

Did you mean 17"? I dont tihnk they make 17.5" wheels...I know some companies make 16.5" wheels (but those are for swampers/mud tires). With a SL2 I'd go with 215/40 r17's.

posted by  thunderbird1100

And thats exactly what I got. I went with the Yokohamas. They grip really well I had them put on 2 days ago at Firestone. Thanks for the suggestion it helped alot!!! :thumbs: Theyre great with cornering and in wet conditons as well as dry.

great! how 'bout them swap pics.... :hi:

posted by  dodger65

I no longer have a digital camera :banghead: It broke. I wont have any pics up anytime soon, I dont have a scanner either. :ohcrap:

how unfortunate.

posted by  Zalight

I would look for some Potenza tires :hi:

posted by  99integra

Your Message