CD deck wont connect

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  CD deck wont connect

I got a cd player for the 6000 LE from my brother
as a few of you know that have taken the radio out, there is a different plug than that on the modern cd players
anyone got suggestions

posted by  6000LE

go to your local car audio store(a place that has specializes in car audio, not some big box store) and get the wiring harness for it.

posted by  dodgerforlife

You can always do as my dad did with our piece of crap.. i mean car, j/k. Just try to sort out what each wire is for (l.r speaker, r.r speaker, and so on) and just use the wires you need (cheap way out lol). I'd probably stick with trying to find a harness first though.

posted by  car_crazy89

(pssst! car_crazy! from the sounds of it, they don't seem like they could really do that to well...)

no offense 6000LE

posted by  dodgerforlife

I am sure he could figure it out, if he still has the stock radio there is usually a diagram on it telling you which colour wire is for what. The new cd player he bought should have it in the manual or on the deck itself.

posted by  jarvisx2000

Is this harness you are talking about something that swiches from one kind of wire to another. Sort of like an extention cord, that also changes the plug correct?..thats what I thought of doing
Here is the deck and the back of it. Il take some pictures of the radio if i wana take it apart again.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/854000-854999/854362_9_fu ll.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/854000-854999/854362_10_f ull.jpg
Also here is an Image of the back with the wires plugged in. My bro totalled his car, and he took this out. He didnt need one for his new car because he already had a factory one installed.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/854000-854999/854362_11_f ull.jpg

posted by  6000LE

Do you have the wiring harness that comes out of the stereo? or is that all you have?

posted by  jarvisx2000

There is a wire coming from the car thats connected to the factory radio
and there is a input in the headunit
but the 2 dont fit together
I need some sort of Link or sometihng.

posted by  6000LE

Also there is another thick black wire coming form the car to the factory radio. It might be a ground or a power so im not sure. I really wana consult a professional before i start cutting any wires if it gets to that extreme. I didnt seem to look for a wiring diagram but im sure that its there. Il take a look.

posted by  6000LE

What I am talking about is bypassing the connector that comes from the car, so cut it out, then just connect the correct wires together, so you wouldnt need to buy linkage.

posted by  jarvisx2000

I asked my grandfather who is like worked for the russian NASA and he said that sometihng might short and i can just alltogether blow the battery, fusebox, or even the Headunit. I dont need to lose my car over this but il see. If i go to a professional and he says that I can cut them, Then cut i will. Extreme situations call for extreme measures

posted by  6000LE

I dont see how your going to wreck anything, I have done it in lots of cars, there is a ground, a power, constant power, then 2 wires for each speaker and the antanae.

posted by  jarvisx2000

In my new Headunit I have a
blue with white stripe
blue with black stripe
white
white with black stripe
red
yellow
black
green
greeen with black
green with some numbers on it
i tihnk there are more
but i am colorblind
lol

posted by  6000LE

blue with white stripe
blue with black stripe
white
white with black stripe
red
yellow
black
green
greeen with black
green with some numbers on it

red is power and yellow is constant power, black is ground, and the rest are speakers, I am pretty sure about that, you can always double check online in a search engine

posted by  jarvisx2000

here is the diagram
BLUE WITH WHITE LINE- REMOTE (MAX 200mA)
YELLOW- BATTERY
RED- ACCESORY
BLACK- GROUND
WHITE- FRONT SP.Lch (+)
WHITE WITH BLACK LINE- FRONT SP.Lch (-)
GREEN- REAR SP.Lch (+)
GREEN WITH BLACK LINE- REAR SP.Lch (-)
GRAY- FRONT SP.Rch (+)
GRAY WITH BLACK LINE- REAR SP.Rch (-)
PURPLE- REAR SP.rch (+)
PURPLE WITH BLACK LINE- REAR SP.Rch (-)
"DO NOT CONNECT SPEAKER NEGATIVE (-) LEADS TOGETHER OR TO CHASSIS GROUND

Thats the thing on the black

posted by  6000LE

ok perfect, now do you have a diagram like that on the back of the stock radio?

posted by  jarvisx2000

Here is the Wiring diagram on the back of the new Headunit
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/854000-854999/854362_12_f ull.jpg

posted by  6000LE

I might. I wanted to take pictures yesterday but my dad was bveing a dick and not letting me use the camera. I will today though. I gota show my grandfather anyway.

posted by  6000LE

yah if you get both diagrams it is pretty much self explanatory on which wires to hook up together

posted by  jarvisx2000

Your Message