SRT4 vs. Modded WS6 vs. RSX Turbo (race video)

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  SRT4 vs. Modded WS6 vs. RSX Turbo (race video)

I recently went out and had some fun in my car. It finally got some dyno time last week and although we're not completely done w/the car, we got some decent numbers out of it (over 400) for now. So I decided to go out to the local hangouts w/some friends. My friend drives the WS6 that is in the video. You can't see it because his passenger is doing the filming. He actually wasn't supposed to be part of the race, just camera car, but on the 3rd honk he decided just to hit it anyway (can't get a good film if u dont right?). The RSX is also a good friend of mine. The video is incorrect in saying he has pistons and rods. But neither his car or the WS6 are anythin' to laugh at w/both of them making low to mid 300's respectively.

So here's the vid.... right click....save as.

http://www.tuner-solutions-online.com/vids/VTC%20vs.%20SpdRcrChk%20vs.%20bl ububl.wmv

you'll notice i fall back a bit at first. being my first night on the new setup and new numbers.....i didn't realize my RPM's would climb THAT quickly (we started a race w/me a little high up in the RPM band). So I redlined...but as u can see...recovered !!! Make sure you watch the video the whole way through as the camera pans forward and u can get an idea of the distance i put on the other cars. Couple of people on other forums have commented that it doesn't look like the ws6 or the rsx are racing me. But rest assured, they are at Wide Open Throttle the whole time!!!

Bear in mind the WS6 and RSX are no joke!! Very nice cars, and can prolly put it on alot of people out on the street. They're both works in progress (as is my car) too, so don't be surprised if you see more of their vids on the net.

So enjoy!!!

posted by  SpdRcrChk

I'll watch it if I go on the computer at home tonight, I cant watch it here because I dont have any audio and it comes up with an error, Sounds cool though.

posted by  jarvisx2000

Damn, you need to come to St. Pete to race my Integra. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

She just needs to come down to Wichita, Kansas and have my Mustang tech that SRT-4 a lesson :mrgreen:

posted by  FordFromHell351

LoL Gladly, just pay for the gas and expenses and we have a deal. Hahaha... :orglaugh:

posted by  SpdRcrChk

nah.. now what she needs to do is come here to Lima, OH and let me have at that SRT4... w/ my VR4 ;) .

posted by  Metzger

Wow does that ever look nice under the hood.

posted by  jarvisx2000

Thats really slick man, whats it run?

Hey FordFromHell...looks like your stang would go wheels up before she even knew it was go time.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Aw, Id blow her doors off dude. :mrgreen:

haven't taken it to the track.. I got REALLY lucky in getting this car... it was repoed off of a guy in my town.. so I got it CHEAP.. Takin' it to the tracks next weekend.. so we'll find out ;) .. Almost afraid to scratch all that perdy chrome haha.. I'm guessing 9s from what the dude said..

posted by  Metzger

That sounds pretty sweet. If you were to sell that car on eBay you would get over $20,000 for it :mrgreen: And if you ever need to sell it, just contact me :laughing: Even if it is a Mitsubishi, Ill still take it.

Tell me what it runs after you get it out there. Before you do though, I would suggest draining the oil and tranny fluid and then putting in some Royal Purple oil and tranny fluid to get the peak performance out of it.

Also, if you ever need a good race, come see me :mrgreen:

haha will do.. Thx for the tip. I might be takin' her to the NOPI Nationals later this year..

posted by  Metzger

That would be awesome. Dont you have to register for that though? I want to get my Saturn in there after I get the engine properly tuned.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

posted by  Godlaus

Beat me to it.

posted by  Bino

Everything that's on her now...

Engine: V.R.S. Custom Downpipe-Back 3" Exhaust with a 2-1-2 Split, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, Greddy Type-S BOV, DN Performance pre-turbo intake pipes, DN Performance Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit, DSM Side Mount Intercooler Upgrade Kit, 3SX Custom Dual Pass Radiator with Flex-a-lite Fans, Denso Iridium IK27 Plugs, NGK Performance Wires, Mugen Honda S2000 Thermostat, Split Second ARC2 Fuel Controller with Big MAS Upgrade, Lots of Polished Parts.
NOW ON: New Stock Mitsu Short Block, DR Stage III Heads with '99 lifters, DN Ported Lower Intake, DR-650R Turbos, 720cc Injectors.

posted by  Metzger

Oh, well in that case... no way in hell.

Simply based upon the fact that a stock short block will never take you into the 9's, probably not into the 10's, I'll be pretty impressed if you break into the 11's, and pretty satisfied when you're actually in the 12's. The VR4 just weighs too much to cut a good 1/4 mile time.

But, perhaps you'll prove me wrong, I'm always open to that possibility.

posted by  Bino

As am I.. It was just a guess.. my old s10 ran 10s.. so... Spent about 30k on the engine alone in that thing :banghead:

posted by  Metzger

Your Message