Getting a new truck!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Getting a new truck!

I just wanted to tell you guys that I will be trading in my Pontiac Bonneville SSEi (Im going to miss it :oops: ) for a 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Dually 4x4.
It looks very similar to this one on eBaymotors: 2005 Ford F-350 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39416&it em=4553075880&rd=1)
Except mine has a brushgaurd on the front. :mrgreen:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Do you own a gas station?

posted by  Jeffinately

Not a bad truck whatsoever. Of course, you're getting the Powerstroke right?? Because gas duallies = no fun. Although I do love the Powerstroke, I still find the Cummins as the best diesel offered for now :mrgreen:

What can I say, real diesels come in a line :hi:

posted by  thunderbird1100

Ya, I love the Dodge Cummins Diesel.

FordFromHell351, a good friend of mine has a F350, it is great, you will have fun with it. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

http://img40.echo.cx/img40/4222/whosmullet5qj.jpg

posted by  abless

Yes, I got the Powerstroke Diesel engine :mrgreen: I just got it 3 days ago and I already love the damn thing to no end. :thumbs:

Let us know when the 5" exhaust, huge Intercooler, programmer, and propane injection go on :mrgreen:

My friend and I have done stuff like that to his F350. It has a exhaust tip so large we had to use duct piping to match it to the engine. The speaker system is crazy powerful. It has Venom, brushgard, all the crazy extras. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

All I can say is...

http://www.off-road.com/dodge/reviews/05dodge/images/05Dodge111.jpg

posted by  DodgeRida67

All I can say is I want that Dodge :hi:

posted by  99integra

I looked into buying one of those, but then I test drove both trucks and the Dodge just didnt have as much power as the Ford. The are extremely comfortable and nice driving trucks though, however the power just wasnt there like it was in the Ford.

Ford guys can't drive. That's all I got to say. :cussing:

Trust me... Dodge wins hands down on the power issue.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Actually, I have the 5" exhaust on order right now from Flowmaster. It should be here within the next week. Im also looking into a Bullydog programmer. :hi:

Trust me, I can drive buddy. I drove both of those trucks on highway, and city streets. The power for the Dodge just wasnt there. Im not saying its a weak engine or anything, the Cummins Turbo Diesel is a torquey engine, and very powerful. I was very close to getting the Dodge, but I liked the feel of the Ford better, and it had better power at higher RPMs.

I think Dodge's are tougher than Fords but just from past experience

posted by  99integra

Let's break it down into real numbers here...

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie RWD Cummins

325hp @ 2900rpm
600tq @ 1600rpm
6659lbs

20.49lbs/hp
11.10lbs/tq

2006 Ford F350 Quad Cab Lariat RWD Powerstroke

325hp @ 3300rpm
570tq @ 2000rpm

Cant find weight specs on Ford's site or Edmunds...

So you really cant tell which of the two is faster, but just by looking at the hp and torque specs it seems the Ram would be quicker on its feet (makes more power and 400rpms sooner than the Powerstroke). I dont know why you would care about top end on either diesel though, because neither diesel HAS any top end. I always would want the diesel with the most power down low...but I guess that's just me.

Why do you think I bought the truck? It has great power throughout all RPMs.

That's not what you said.

Ford guys.. :laughing:

Who cares, they are BOTH good trucks. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ok, ok... :laughing:

my boss has a '04 f350 quad cab 4x4 we put a hypertech power programmer in and it was a pretty nice improvement (even though that much truck taking off sideways is a little weird...) :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Your Message