1989 ford probe gt

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1989 ford probe gt

i just bought a 89 probe gt the car came with i/h/e, ecu chip and boost controler. the car cost $1500. the car feels faster than my 1988 5.0 mustang. are probes good cars or what?

posted by  cool_guy_jay

They can be. I would want the turbocharged model (cant think of the name). Plus theres a ton of engine swaps for em. My friend almost bought one, theres lots of bodykits and conversions for them too.

posted by  TurboLag

It's a Ford...

posted by  BavarianWheels

Haha. I didn't fancy you a blue oval guy, Bav. I prefer chevys anyday.

posted by  TurboLag

Like this one?

http://www.cars-on-line.com/8900/67impala8969-A.jpg

:laughing:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Actually its a Mazda

posted by  desertsoldier22

Its a Mazda in a Ford shell.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Depends, whats under the hood? Looks pretty good, the hydrolics might be a little too gaudy for me though.

posted by  TurboLag

Built by Mazda. :thumbs:
Assembled by Ford. :evil:

posted by  nsupra27

50% Mazda
50% Ford
100% Junk

:thumbs:

posted by  Oomba

Right....actually they are very good cars. Fast too, even if you get the N/A 4cyl. model.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Cool_guy. i used to own a '89 probe gt. if its the 2.2L turbo it has a lot more potential then u think. If u want a really good engine upgrade look into the JDM spec. mazda 323 GTR 1.8L turbo engine. 210 hp, 200 ft/lbs of tourque. its a really affordable engine and the performance mods for that engine r endless. It probably is faster then ur old 5.0L, i remember beating many with mine, and it was miled out. peace

posted by  roughneck89gt

I'm not much of a Ford guy but a friend of mine said he had one with a turbo and a aftermarket exhuast and it was pretty quick. Research the car car and then you can go from there.

posted by  GrandAmFreak

Your Message