any american cars like the VW rabbit hatchback?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  any american cars like the VW rabbit hatchback?

topic

posted by  helghast101

:badrazz: POS

posted by  99integra

?????

posted by  helghast101

Piece of Shit. I would much rather have a GTI

posted by  99integra

What really are we supposed to say in here? And are Volkswagen Rabbits considered American cars? Are they not German? :ohcrap:

posted by  car_crazy89

My take on it is that he's looking for an American version of the Rabbit (inferring that the Rabbit is not).

The only thing I can think of is the Geo Storm hatchback (ugly little beasts), or the Gremlin.

posted by  Bino

older dodge colts?

posted by  dodgerforlife

...or plymouth colts... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

I know there are no australian cars like the rabbit.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Pinto, Gremlin, Geo Storm hatch. There you go, you wont find many American cars that look like a VW Rabbit.
Oh yes, and the only good one, Ford Focus ZX3. :mrgreen:

posted by  FordFromHell351

damn close to the same thing :laughing:

still a black mark in the books lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

Dodge Omni GLH and GLHS

http://www.relentlessracing.com/images/customer_seth_omni.jpg

Optional Turbo 2.2 liter, able to make huge power for very little money. Excellent autocrossers and road racers, with a healthy following.

The basic Omni that they were built from was styled similar to the Rabbit, and were even available with the VW 1.7 liter engine

The GLHS version had the 175 hp intercooled 2.2 liter..

http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/86glhs.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

Those are really cool little cars. I totally forgot about them.

posted by  Bino

I'd take a Gremlin lol, gotta be one of the ones with the little V8 though. They were talking about them on C&D and had an orange one with torque thrust wheels, and the V8, looked to smoke the tires pretty easily.

posted by  car_crazy89

Now I understand the question, I thought he ment any americans like the VW Rabbit :doh: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I do. I've built a couple racing versions. Start with a '77 fuel injected Rabbit 2 door (the lightest of the fuel injected Rabbits by a bunch) drop in a later 1.8 liter GTI/GLI engine and 5 speed, add a Shrick cam, header, good exhaust, and you have a fun, rather quick ride.

http://vortex3.rely.net/gallery/albums//Events/Enthusiast/VW-Audi%20Treffen %20Hoogeveen/2004/002.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

Thats sounds like it would be pretty fast. I remember my father when I was around 5 years old building up a 1972 AMC Gremlin. He put a 260 V8 out of a 1955 Thunderbird, and a 7.5" rear end out of a Toyota van, modified with limited slip and 3.73 gears. He made that little 260 make around 280hp and thats all that little car needed. He also put in a Chevy 350 turbo trans out of a 79 Camaro. It was running 13s and was really fun to be in. I wish I could have drove it before he sold it :ohcrap:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Man I wish to have a life like you have had over the years :wink2:

posted by  99integra

That was my thought too lol

posted by  Pythias

Your Message