hmm

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  hmm

I am looking to make a domestic tuner car, i already have a MX3 that i put countless hours and $$$ into and now im lookin for a domestic. anyone have any ideas on any cars.

posted by  Mx3Kid

Thought about a 93 mustang GT or LX, the LX is a perfect sleeper because it has the 5.0 that the GT does but it doesn't have a body kit and a spoiler on it

93 LX- try to picture it w/o the mods
http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/wallpaper8/93lx.jpg

93 GT
http://www.butchieboyclassics.com/images/93mustangside.jpg

posted by  99integra

i was thinkin about the domestic cousin of the eclipse...Talon, a 96 maybe. dunno i havent delt with them much anything i should kno about them?

posted by  Mx3Kid

Wait until Kristi a.k.a 97Talonchik to answer that one :wink2:

posted by  99integra

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Too much idiocy for me to deal with right now.

*Takes Deep Breath*

Okay im better now

Domestic cousin of the Eclipse? Domestic? As if the 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses arent Domestic?

Cousin? Cousin implys they come from the same, yet different family. The Talon and Eclipse are more like, twin brothers.

posted by  Oomba

My god dude i kno that talons are made by Mitsubishi... i'm not stupid. I ment that i was thinkin about a talon instead of an eclipse because around here there are soo many ricer eclipses it isnt even funny. i guess im sorry for not lookin up the official definition of "cousin".. my bad.

posted by  Mx3Kid

My old standby answer to this type of question is always a Pontiac Fiero… No one ever suspects a Fiero (evil grin).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/scorpsguide/rd84ac12.jpg
I my self have an 84 with a 350TPI pushing 230HP and 330ft/lb… there are Fieros out there pushing 1000HP… its just a matter of what you put in them… and as far as personalization there are littlerly hundreds of vendors making custom body parts, and body kits for the Fiero… if you thought you could make a Honda your own… wait till you see what you can do to a Fiero.

Just offering up an option you might not have known was there…

posted by  TheFieroKid

Never really considered one, alil old for me tho. ill prolly get one just to thro extra money at and see what comes outa it.

posted by  Mx3Kid

Why not just get a civic?

posted by  CarEXPERT

If that’s the route you’d go... Id consider buying one with a V-8 conversion already done… that alone will cost you 8k, already done… between 3k and 5k depending on what year and if you went with a fast back or notch back (mines a notchback)
Edit: by this time (20 years later) most of the interior parts are going to have been replaced. The frames like never rust, and the body is made out of plastic and never rust.

Why not a Honda civic?
Well its obvious when he asked what are American made tuner cars... he didn’t want something everyone has... and the civic falls under that category.

To me picking a car that no one else has is what makes a tuner so exciting. When you roll up to 32 black Honda civics with green neon lights... and you’re the only red Fiero... well they look at you differently... then when you beat them they look at you with respect...

posted by  TheFieroKid

Well, given that his whole point was to find a domestic vehicle... I'd say that might not be the direction he's looking for.

posted by  Bino

Mustang. If you want to get a domestic car, then make sure its domestic. The Eagle Talon is stil a Mitsubishi Eclipse, just with some different body lines and markings.

posted by  FordFromHell351

A Mitsubishi Eclipse is a Domestic manufactured vehicle, always has been. Most parts are manufactured in the U.S. and the assembly is in the U.S.

posted by  Bino

Wrong again. Talons and Eclipses were made by DSM. A partnership between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. The RS-GS/Esi versions of the Eclipse/Talon use the 420a engine from the Dodge Neon. The turbo/AWD models use Mitsu's 4G63 engine. All assembled and designed in America.

posted by  Oomba

My god i was being general about it, lay off man. and i wouldnt want a talon/eclipse with anything less than turbo/awd, unless i was swappin.

posted by  Mx3Kid

He's not even worth your time to argue with

posted by  99integra

i was startin to think that...ill just stick with imports.

posted by  Mx3Kid

To each his own... I wish you the best of luck finding the car that best fits you.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Your Message