New Camaro For 2007?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  New Camaro For 2007?

I read in my Road & Track magazine I got yesterday that Chevrolet might be doing a retro styled Camaro for 2007. They are taking the old and mixing it with the new. What they are basically doing is just mocking what Ford has done with the new Mustang.

Also, theres talk about a new Dodge Challenger in the near future. However, it does NOT have retro styling (figures :banghead: ) it just looks like any other new Dodge, big, oversized, grill, and long body lines, BUT...its not a 4 door :mrgreen: :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Screw the Challenger, I want a good Charger.

And screw Camaro, I want Trans-Am!

posted by  Oomba

Why would they bring back the camaro, though?

They change the name to GTO and charged 5 grand more.....

posted by  Godlaus

Theres a few different styles that it may look like, the majority of them though look like:

http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/data/613/110309phr-5camaro05_z-med.jpg
http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/data/613/110309phr-5camaro03_z-med.jpg
http://dubs.unixprohost.com/albums/arnoli/5th_gen_Camaro_concept_001.thumb. jpg

And there may be a sad possiblity it comes out like this:

http://www.camaro.nu/news/cam2007/cam2007.jpg

posted by  car_crazy89

Hopefully it has 69's lines :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

Because they see Ford making a good profit from a pony car with retro styling, so they have decided to do the same. Its like a new age muscle car era type thing.

Wow, someone is slightly biased. I hate to say it, well actually I don't, but you are wrong. The reason for the discontinuing of the Camaro/Firebird was mainly due to the closing of the plant in Canada, as the lease ran out for GM, so they had nowhere to make the cars, but the closed plant had the contract for the car 'til 2007.... thusly the long wait for the return. However with the state of GM these days we can only pray the car actually comes back... and I hope it looks better in comparison than the new Mustang.

posted by  Flame Roller

whatever, i just hope the new one doesn't resemble a chrysler sebring again. pfft.

the 69 lines are definitely sharp. rear wheel drive i'm assuming?

posted by  carls47807

Hmmm... Forgot how bad of a seller the GTO was. But, the secret to the mustang selling is the retro look, and it's price sticker. And by the look of it, they're not going for the retro look.

A FWD camaro? Fans (including me) would be outraged.

posted by  Godlaus

I hope they do bring back the camaro but i heard that if they do it will only be in limited production is this true? But i think that ford will always continue making bigger profits from the new mustang evewn if chevy comes back with the camaro. I got a chance to drive an 05 gt and man it will be hard to beat that at all!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  mx3_monster

True, but why was the Camaro even made in the first place 38 years ago? To follow up the Mustang. When GM has seen someone doing something they dont, they feel the need to copy it. They are doing the same thing now. They see Ford with a strong force in the automobile market, and they want to do the same.
What are you talking about you hope it looks better than the new Mustang? The new Mustang is a auto design MASTERPIECE. I havent seen a car so beautiful in a long while, and the people agree. 9 out of 10 automobile consumers love the new design.

No actually I didnt. I know how harsh on the eyes the new GTO is. It looks like a bloated Grand Am. And the way GM trys to make it look better is just pitiful. Sticking on a couple of hood scoops and a little spoiler :screwy:

Im sure they would keep the new Camaro RWD. What competition would it be for Mustang if it wasnt?

Also, I forgot to mention that GM is also thinking of making the Impala and the Monte Carlo RWD as well. They want to try to get inot the muscle car market as well.

The first one looks awesome. I hope they do make it look like that. I would go out and buy one along with a new Mustang! :mrgreen:

I agree with you Ford, the first one is the best looking and i bet it would put up a good fight with the new Mustang. GM has to do something and start making some good selling cars to go against Ford (right now Ford is much better, never thought i'd EVER say that lol).

posted by  car_crazy89

Ford has always been much better, especially in the reliability area.

I'll have to say that's a heavily biased opinion... and I will have to disagree.

posted by  Bino

With my experience thats how its been. I just said it to stir up some trouble :mrgreen: :laughing:

I can relate to that on occassion as well. I can't say that Ford's have been unreliable, but all of the GM products I and my family have owned (a lot) have been totally reliable.

Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge on the other hand...

posted by  Bino

I have never really liked Fords, i'm just starting to now though (IMO they have some better looking cars). But when it comes to older cars then i am a Dodge Fan all the way.

posted by  car_crazy89

I think everyone has some special connection with the manufactuer of their choice. When I was a kid my dad had a 1948 Ford F-100 with the original Flathead V8 that had been my grandfathers since it was new. We drove the piss out of that truck and it just didnt want to die. The paint had had it, in fact there was no paint left it was just a rusty brown color, and it had dents in every place on the it. But you would go out and it would start up on the first try. Of course we had to eplace a few electical connections and such, but thats just routine stuff, as well as rebuild the carb a couple times. My dad sold it to buy a 1982 Ford F-150 when I was about 5 and it ran forever too. However my uncle also had a 1970 Challenger R/T Hemi w/ the 383 V8 and it wan forever too. My mom had a 1973 Chevrolet Caprice Classic and we had it forever too and put 500,000 miles on it! Then we had a 1970 Nova and it popped the engine cruising down the highway at 60mph.

I think it boils down to is how well people take care of their cars. If you dont maintain them well, then they arent reliable. And thats what gives people bad impressions about cars most of the time. However I will have to say that the GM air conditioning there for a while was horrid and thats what gave me an even worse impression, as well as that nightmare Quad 4 engine, and the 305 V8.

the new 'maro will be soo cool. My dad drives a 91 and he blows away porsches and stuff on the freeway

posted by  ProudDomestics

Now Jay-G...you know that is only true because most Porsche's are driven by older...non-racing gentlemen. If I was behind the wheel of a Fiat X19...I'd smoke your daddy.

posted by  BavarianWheels

its supercharged and it has flowmaster

Big deal, Jay-G...an X19 is lighter and more agile through traffic!

Plus...the 4 cylinders are killers!

it proaly gits like 450 HP though and 8 is twice teh 4 in yours

I've done it to many "8's" in my day with my X19. No matter the speed...it's the skill and ability to navigate that "wins" in the end.

On an open road...the "maro" may pull ahead...but that's talking top end.

right, i only erace top speed, other shit is not fun as its

I thought you said it was you daddy's?...keep the story straight...Jay-G

ya, and i have a trans am i got for my 18 birthday, its a 83 and its awsum. I got it to 140 one time this week nex tto a bMW 525 and i burned it liek hot marmalade on a stry sandwich

Raise your hand if you think this guy is about 10 years old, or retard, raise two if you think he's both. *Raises two*

posted by  Pythias

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/dictionary.gif

posted by  Oomba

*raises three*

posted by  TurboLag

Hey buddie if your uncle had a challenger r/t hemi then it had the hemi which was not a 383 but a 426.

posted by  Enthusiast

Umm...not Im pretty sure it was a 383 :screwy:

r/t HEMIS had a hemi. Hence the name. He may have had an R/T with a 383 but not an R/T Hemi

posted by  Enthusiast

I'll Second that.

posted by  onebad302ranger

The sad thing is that the Holden Commodre(you know, what the GTO REALLY is)looks awsome. Only GM could screw it up sooooo bad. :banghead: :laughing:

http://www.camaro.nu/news/cam2007/cam2007.jpg
Is that not the UGLIEST thing you have ever seen? Well not so nice to know that GM wants all the Chevys to look like the Silverado(guess they already started though didn't they?)

posted by  jedimario

oh my god is that the new camaro? man they should have stuck with the concept drawings. they looked much better. that front end looks gay and the lines are totaly different :cussing: gm is really messing up now

posted by  72firebird

It's based off the Holden Monaro, not the Commodore :P

posted by  oVeRmYhEaD

I would have to agree. :laughing:

Yeah, and to be honest, I dont see why anyone would even want to buy one of those new Silverados, or Avalanches. They look like something from a Lego playset :laughing:

Too many of the new cars are/look like plastic, or big toys. Look at the Avalanche or even the H2 (imo), they both look all plastic. Kinda why i'm not very into newer cars.

And theres no guarantee that the Camaro will look like that, they have about 3 different designs (also have Z28 in 2nd year of production and maybe a Yenko). I'm hoping it looks exacty like the first pic i posted (or atleast clsoe to it), i think that'd sell good, otherwise its just another failure on GM's part.

posted by  car_crazy89

I seen a few concepts models of the camaro and it doesnt look bad at all... Im hoping it will have the old skool lines... those were the best! ;)

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

*I've a few concepts models of the camaro and it doesnt look bad at all... I'm hoping it will have the old school lines... those were the best! ;)

There, now you sound smart

posted by  99integra

i just hope that with all these new retro muscles cars coming back out that the big three resume the HP wars of the 60's :hi:

posted by  airmanUSN

You forgot a word Steven, now you also sound smart :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Damn Canadian :banghead: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

It would be nice if they did bring back the camaro but I dont think it will happen.

posted by  bigdaveangell

:mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message