how can i get more hp out of my 01 mustang gt?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  how can i get more hp out of my 01 mustang gt?

I want to work on my 01 mustang gt and get more hp out of it but don't know what to do. i've already have a k/n airfilter, headers back exaust stystem, ebach suspension system. Should i keep my engine and fix it up? What could be done to the engine to boost hp without a super/turbo charger? please help me out, i'm open to any idea.

posted by  Carlos Traveria

I'd get a supercharger

posted by  Oomba

yeah I'd get a supercharger, I wouldn't want turbos on a rwd car. Theres a lot of porsche 911 owners that weren't payin attention when they floored it around a corner and the turbos kicked in. Not pretty

posted by  TurboLag

common, i said no superchargers. anything but super chargers. i'm into all engine performance. just say something that CAN be done even if it wasn't what YOU would do.

posted by  Carlos Traveria

How about boring it out or putting bigger cams on it? Does that year come with limited slip differentials? If not that is a good investment :2cents:

posted by  99integra

It probably does, but if it doesnt you can always weld the ring and pinion together

posted by  TurboLag

That would be good for the car :roll: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Cheap HP..............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/fc7gtx/NOS.jpg :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------

posted by  fc7gtx

:badrazz: That is shit

posted by  99integra

The idea or the brand????? :doh: It was the first pic I found.

posted by  fc7gtx

The idea, I hate anything that is hella forcefed like nitrous, turboing and supercharging aren't as bad as nitrous. It is the definition of rice :2cents:

posted by  99integra

I was watching a few big block 8.70 class cars running saturday night and they were on the bottle. Not one ricer in the bunch. Nitrous has been around alot longer then ricers.......If you hate it fine, but it doesn't mean its bad...

posted by  fc7gtx

True, it is my opinion but I think its okay for people that race their cars, not drive them :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Bigger throttle body, better fuel injectors, fuel pump, and get a ECU upgrade from Superchips. Concentrate on getting more air and fuel into your engine, see what you can accomplish with out a supercharger or turbo or nitrous first.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Superchargers are a sound investment, I dont know why you wouldnt want one. Mucho power from them.

Nitrous is good. People who say nitrous is rice are stupid. Calling Nitrous NOS is stupid. Nitrous was first used in cars by Smokey Yunick in NASCAR in the 50s.

posted by  Oomba

Not again Oomba, nitrous is rice on cars that are used for daily drivers, it is not however on cars that drag or race because if they have modded the engine to its full potential and want a little more, then nitrous is acceptable, you my friend are a ricer.

posted by  99integra

I dont have a problem with people who put nitrous in their daily drivers. It boosts performance temporarily. Rice has to do with non performance stuff.

posted by  Oomba

Or people that go cheap and do that shit, why would you need that "extra" boost of power as a daily driver, to try to smoke a Civic with your Geo, I have a problem with people that do it on their daily driver.

posted by  99integra

I know a guy who has a 1988 Mustang GT convertable that runs nitrous, and he uses it as a daily driver, it looks completely stock too.

Well if nitrous is rice, then how about a guy who has a Integra or Civic just adding a cold air intake or a header to his car. Theyre doing the exact same thing just adding performance.

But putting a header on it raises a good amount of performance depending on the exhaust you got and cold air is not really considered rice imo. I am okay with mucle cars and older cars running it but I am getting sick of seeing all these little Cavy's and Civics wanting to race my blown GT because they have nitrous :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Then prove them wrong. But as long as they have something that raises performance its not rice, its just stupid.

posted by  Oomba

Well yeah, Civics and Cavaliers should really just stick to turbos and superchargers.

Your Message