91 crown victoria

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  91 crown victoria

i just bought a 91 crown victoria for 1200, i was wondering if anyone knows how to modify this car, maybe make it go faster
btw it has a v8 and runs pretty good
if you can help thanks

posted by  chrem

You put a supercharger on it and slap some 4:11 gears on it and you will fly :mrgreen:

posted by  99integra

im new to cars, what does that do and is it expensive, haha sounds like it

posted by  chrem

Supercharger- 2 to 4 grand. 4:11 gears- 500 to 1500(sp)?

If you are new to cars I would suggest putting a cold air intake on it and maybe get some bigger headers and put a free flowing exhaust system on it :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

cool ill look into it thanks for the help

posted by  chrem

Wow, Integra...you just don't stop spewing sewage do you? You've already proven to have little to no knowledge of anything automotive related...do you just enjoy post-whoring?

The best mod you can do to your crown vic is an H.O. transplant. Basically, you can take an '87-'93 'Stang, pull the engine and drop it right in your vic. You will, however need to also change out the engine computer being as the firing order is different. The throttle body outlet on the H.O. engines was only towards the pass. side, whereas your car is the opposite...simply rotate the upper intake 180 degrees. You'll go from approximately 160hp to 210hp from that alone and it should drop about 1.5 seconds off your quarter mile times. All the stock wiring will work, stock trans will work as well. There is a lot you can do, but be willing to drop a little cash. Not enough room here to go to far in-depth.

Any questions, PM me.
-Don

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Hell thought that swap would work, never done anything like that before :doh:

posted by  99integra

People tend to either make it more complex then it needs to be or they think it just can't be done. Long story short...Ford's EEC IV is very basic in it's functions and there is great interchangability(probably not even a real word). I've seen Mustang GT's sound like they were all cammed up and spewing raw gas out of the tail pipes while suffering from an extreme loss of power...turns out somebody put a '90-91 Taurus/Sable ECU in it. That was after yankin' the distributor a few times and replacing it with a unit known to be good.

Integra, I'm not trying to be an @$$hole but I really get irritated when people respond to posts with little knowledge of the situation. If you really don't know or you aren't sure, then please don't post about it. Otherwise you'll see more posts of me bitchin' at you.

-Don

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Haha, I'm sure :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Your Message