97 Ford Probe GT

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  97 Ford Probe GT

I'm thinking of buying my uncles probe gt. I can get it for a GREAT deal; $1000.
It hasn't run in 6 months because he hasnt felt like airing up the tires :laughing: . Its a 5 speed and only has 60,028 miles. It has a big dent on the side but that can be fixed easily. Do you all think this is a good deal? It's not everyday i get an offer like this.

posted by  TurboLag

Well take the time to ask us when you could be buying the car? :laughing: . I'd say its a pretty great deal.

posted by  car_crazy89

I could buy it really soon, the only problem is that its in Indiana and i live in West Virginia :laughing: . Which is like an 8 hour drive. 6 If you floor it :laughing:

posted by  TurboLag

Well thats more of a problem but buy it anyways, you can probably drive that distance in less then 6 hours if its totally floored :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

lol you've got the right idea. Damn pete, what time is it up there? You're up pretty late

posted by  TurboLag

Haha, its onlt 2:51AM (not gonna be awake until around 12:00-12:30PM tomorrow though :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

Oh so you're in the same time zone as WV, I'm surprised you're never on earlier. Lol 12:00 is the minimum for me :laughing: . I usually sleep till like 2 or 3

posted by  TurboLag

Well i usually dont get up till atleast 12:00pm and sometimes cant get on the computer till around 1:00pm or so, and then i'm on till 1:00 or 2:00am lol. I dont like too sleep ALL day lol.

But i guess i should be going now lol, talk to ya tomorrow :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

alrighty, peace out p-dizzle

posted by  TurboLag

With that mileage its a very good deal.

posted by  nsupra27

You better grab that while the grabbings good!

posted by  FordFromHell351

With that price there has to be some mechanical defect in it :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I got my first car for less than $500, and there was no mechanical defects. But thats a rare occurance :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Thats an amazing deal, get it now!

posted by  Oomba

Well there arent any mechanical defects, but it has a huge dent on the side. Like, BIG time dent. But that can easily be replaced. I went to probeaddiction.com and they got a probe junker and turned it into a street racer for like under 5k. So i dont think its much of a problem.

My aunt said that if i was really interested that they would hold it for me until i get the money. So it looks like i'm finally getting my first car! :mrgreen:

posted by  TurboLag

My friend got his first car for 60 bucks :laughing: ! And he's been driving it for over 2 years and has had no problems. The only thing about the car is that it has a bad paintjob. But he doesnt care. He spray-painted "heartograms" and "Bam" stuff all over it.

posted by  TurboLag

sounds a lot betetr than my first car afetr i bought it the tranny decided to go and take s shit but i got a newer better faster :thumbs: car the next day!
Whoever decided to get me a fast car is stupid :screwy: :screwy: :2cents:

posted by  mx3_monster

Well, thanks to the "What do you think of the ford probe?" Thread, I found out that the probe that I have approx. a 95% chance of getting is a GTS! Sweet.

Just thought I'd add that :mrgreen:

posted by  TurboLag

Does anyone know the specs of a 97 gts? I know it has 165hp and 160ft-lbs of torque, but does anyone know anything else about it? 0-60, braking, mileage (good i assume considering its basically a mazda), weight, etc.? I'd also like to know some good site that have mods for them, I've already found probeaddictions.com but I would like to know some others.

Any info helps.
Thanks! :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

Sounds cool :thumbs:
Don't worry about it being a long drive away - what better way to get acquainted with your new friend than to spend a few hours in her on the highway.

posted by  windsonian

haha, good point :smoke:

posted by  TurboLag

Your Message