Chevy 95 Tranny

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Chevy 95 Tranny

I need some help on changing the tranny on a 95 Chevy.

The vehicle backups up perfectly no problems, when it goes into drive its sticks some times and even worse just ravs up and does not do anything, then all over sudden starts to work. but laterly its getting even worse. I want to do the work myself please give some clue as to where to start and if i need a tranny where can i purchase a cheaper one. Thanks

Manzi :screwy:

posted by  manzi

There is a product in the market called trecknet or something of that nature, apparently they claim that it reduces slippage and/or repairs trannies. Does anyone know whether thats true or not.

posted by  manzi

Ive never heard of it. But I guess it wouldnt hurt to try it right? I would go to the junkyard and see if they have an extra 95 Chevy tranny lying around somewhere :thumbs:

posted by  FordFromHell351

i was told thats the best place to look and i will check around starting on Monday internet have them for too much...

posted by  manzi

put in a new 400 tranny and race it simple

posted by  AutoPro

:banghead: :banghead: The person's already gone, and not everyone wants to race their car, if you didn't read, he wanted to just fix his transmission...

BTW the 400 won't fit on most 1995 Chevy's :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

it'll fit the trucks, though...:wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Yes, but seeing how the 1995 Chevy Lumina had majour tranny problems, I figured that would be it...

Bear with me here...I made that up, I don't know what a 400 tranny is (I figure a 400mm in diameter bell? lol) I just made it up to make the guy seem more like an idiot, and the members who didn't know aobut the 400 tranny to think of me as smarter...BTW I also made the bit up about the Lumina :laughing::ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

he was referring to the turbo hydramatic 400. ya know, the th350's big brother? i thought you were bs'ing about the lumina, b/c if it had major tranny problems, it would mean all the w-bodies had big problems, pretty much, as well as a lot more of gm's "fleet" of fwd offerings. seems like the lockup solenoids go bad on those, though...

posted by  dodger65

Well the lock-up solenoids were just one fuse box away from the transmission :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

400 transmisions are for rear drive cars dummy

go play with your stupid hair and let me help people

posted by  AutoPro

How did what you had to say help anyone?

Oh, got any pics of that '65 Camaro you say is your favorite?

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message