1993 Ford Ranger splash

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1993 Ford Ranger splash

I may be getting a 93 Ford Ranger splash edition which is the stepside, it has 63,000 miles on it and is a 4 cylinder 5 speed, there is brand new paint and it is spotless inside and out, the pic with me writing the vin number is the only one you will ever see me in :thumbs:

Maybe my soon to be truck (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2054673/1)

posted by  99integra

4wd or rwd?

posted by  TurboLag

Looks nice though! I'd take it no matter what drivetrain it has (but i'd prefer rwd because i have no intention in towing or any other truck work.). There are tons of engine swaps and such.
I'd go for it! :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

Nice. I bought a '96 Ranger Splash brand new. 2.3 liter, 5 speed. Economical, more than quick enough, and comfy (of course, they changed the interior between the '93 and '96 versions). I had zero problems of any sort with it in the 2 1/2 years I had it.

posted by  ChrisV

Looks like a nice truck. Id take it. The interior in those I never did like. I would have to change that...then swap in a 302 :mrgreen:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Yeah, the earlier Splashes had squarer interiors. Mine was more along the lines of this:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/1993-97-Ford-Ranger -95114071000703.JPG

http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/1993-97-Ford-Ranger -95114071000710.JPG

posted by  ChrisV

I GOT IT :smoke: :hi: :hi: :hi: :smoke:

It is RWD and is so fricken fun to drive

posted by  99integra

:thumbs: GOOD!!! Now...its time for that 302 :hi: And Im being serious. YOU BETTER DO IT STEVEN!

I was thinking more along the lines of a a 351 :hi:

But I am thinking of just keeping the 4 cylinder, it has enough power as it is

posted by  99integra

Why 302 or 351 when you have have 429 :hi: j/k. Congratulations on your new truck.

posted by  car_crazy89

They make superchargers for those you know... :hi: :smoke:

cool. you need to turn it into a baja truck and do some serious off-roading. just kidding. congrats! :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  enzo#2

Actuay, it's the same block as teh SVO Mustang, Merkur XR4TI, and T Burd Turbo Coupe, so swapping in a 250-300 hp turbo setup in there is pretty easy.

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah well, that costs money which right now I don't have but this is a pretty light truck and torquey 4 cylinder so I am happy with it, its not like I'm gonna be racin, just a daily commuter is what I needed

posted by  99integra

Yeah, I left mine stock, too. Plenty quick in the first three gears, though the drop to 4th was pretty big, and 5th was definitely a highway overdrive. And the splash suspensiopn is pretty sporty.

Did the '93 have the adjustible lumbar, side cushions and thigh cushion in the seats? That was one thing I loved about my Splash, as the seats were supportive, grippy, and comfortable for long trips.

posted by  ChrisV

Yup, I call them the ass gripper :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Your Message