1991 Mercury Cougar

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1991 Mercury Cougar

Since my father works at a car dealership, he can get trade ins for cheap. His last trade was for a 1991 Mercury Cougar with the 3.8L V6 engine and 300,000+ miles. Still runs strong. He said he could get it for $50. No joke. There is a catch though :laughing: The car has bad rust, the interior is shot and the suspension needs some work (makes clunking sound when front wheels are turned possibly linkage or struts) and you have to lift the door up a little to close it on the drivers side. The odometer is also borken and it broke at 250,000 miles. The girl that traded it in said that she has put a little over 50,000 miles on it since then. Im thinking that when my father and I get this all fixed up and Ive driven for a while in highschool, Ill sell it after I get a job and save up some money for a 93-95 Mustang GT.
Sound like a good deal? Let me know what you think.

posted by  SlipKnoT

for 50 bucks id buy it. i wouldnt worry about the rust or the interior much, get the front end straightended up and get some new door hinges, you might be able to get 100 bucks out of it when you sell it. maybe 200 if its for sale at the first of the month. :thumbs:

posted by  adamc44

Yeah, I was actually thinking something like $1,995 for it with a new paint job and everything.

posted by  SlipKnoT

but it has an estimated 300000 miles on it possibly more.....mabye if it was a diesel truck 1,995. if it was me, id fix the front end and the door and drive that baby till it blows.

posted by  adamc44

Im thinking of putting some of that engine restore oil additive in it when I get.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I've got a better idea...you can buy the car, buy my '90 Cougar which is in beautiful condition(except for a blown head gasket) and slap the motor from that car into my '90 and have a beautiful, well maintained car. When you are ready to sell...you can get more for it...the odometer is a little over 150k miles. It's all digital dash and it all works...this car has every option with many receipts...$50 it's yours...lol.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message