cherry bomb mufflers

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  cherry bomb mufflers

okay, this is more of a general question, could apply to domestic, import, or european cars...

you know how theres the classic cherry bomb mufflers right....well there is also one thats nicknamed "blue bottle", i just can't remember what the actual name of it is.....any help?

(and no this is not for my car....its for someone else lol)

posted by  dodgerforlife

does it look like a cherry bomb shape wise?
found these at

posted by  osborste

the smithy is very close....yes, it does have almost the same size/shape of the cherry bomb.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hi, Most of the OLD farts will remember them as "Glasspacks" in fact have a pair on a old chevy truck , better then that bumble bee sound , :2cents: Have a Great day Slimone

posted by  Slimone

thats exactly the point.....a good set of glasspacks gives a nice rumble :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Fora couple months, then you burn all the fiberglass out of them and they sound like sh*t. Both my motorhomes have had them behind their Dodge V8s (the current one is a 413), and they do NOT sound powerful, just bad. :ohcrap:

I've removed dead glasspacks from a lot of musclecars. Their two advantages are cost and space savings. But, they were the fart tip of the musclecar scene for a couple decades...

posted by  ChrisV

exactly, theyre cheap, so when theyre shot, it doesnt cost much to replace them :) I'd rather go through two glasspacks a year then one pro muffler that cost 3x as much as one glasspack...(just for instance, dont know the actual lifespan)

posted by  dodgerforlife

my dad did have Cherry Bombs on his chevelle bu they were shot so he got sum cheap ones on it now jus so he can take it to shops an stuff

posted by  hhsrastler92

Your Message