My Quandary

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  My Quandary

ok, folks. steer me right here...

i have an opportunity to trade my car (88 firebird, '91 3.1 swapped in, 700r4 w/ shift kit, 2600 stall, 3.42 rear)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/dodger65/jeffbird3.jpg

for a 91 firebird, 305 tbi 5 speed, unknown gear (but i have an extra 3.42, just in case) slightly fresher paint than mine, but mine is very straight, this is a little wavy...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/dodger65/dadbird3.jpg

be honest. am i stupid, is my current car nicer looking, or do i maybe have some emotional attachment to my current car to make me debate this all friggin' day today?

rise up, my CF brethren (and sistren?) and help me see clearly...

ps: if i traded, i'd probably be keeping the wheels that are on mine now...

pps: i'm also getting a 5 speed that i can use to convert the v6 car...

posted by  dodger65

stay with yours the other body it a smooth ride an all but its to pointy

posted by  hhsrastler92

If I were you I would keep the one you have. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

So you would be trading an '88 w/ a '91 V6 and modded auto straight across for a '91 V8 w/ a 5 speed? Mileage? It seems like a good idea to me :thumbs: (unless you absolutely love YOUR car). GL.

posted by  VG30DE

To be totally honest i would trade it. Sorry but i'm not a huge fan of any of those years but the '91 front looks alittle better. If the mileage is a good amount (around yours or under) then i'd probably do it, you also have atleast some attachment to your car though so it'll be harder for you to choose. All i can say is good luck and hope you dont make the wrong decision :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

that's kinda funny, b/c i think the 91 front end and gfx are a lot of why i'm resisting this. that and the wavy body and lack of 2-toning. seems like too much red. mileage is never a concern to me. mine has 176,000 on the body, 100k on the motor, 5k on the tranny and the 305 car has about 150k on everything, i think...

posted by  dodger65

The body on yours does look much nicer. I would keep yours.
Why waste time with a Firebird? Get a 5.0 Mustang :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

just stay with yours IMO that was one of the best body styles for the Firebird

posted by  hhsrastler92

Sounds like you pretty much made your mind up then, lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

STFU.

posted by  VG30DE

Hey brudda chill :ticking:

posted by  99integra

Its really hard to say yes the body looks a little different and the paint as well, but if you're satisfied with your 3.1 V6 then I would prolly keep it. It seems as though you have put alot of time and moeny into your current car, and unless you want more power then this car has nothing great on its own grounds. From the pics the paint and everything looks immaculant the tires look amazing, you are going to convert it to a manual soon unless i read your post wrong, so all this other firebird has going for it is the bigger engine and more power. Whats that worth to you?

posted by  Pythias

Lol this coming from a guy who feeds trolls that aren't allowed to hate Honda. All I am saying is that was an unnecessary dick comment. GM guys drive their GMs and Ford guys drive Fords and Honda guys drive Hondas. Saying someone is wasting their time with a car they love (I don't know how serious he was) is ignorance. A piss poor post. My STFU was just as serious as his comment, so it could go either way :mrgreen: . Hopefully that ended it, I really don't mean to intrude on this thread.

posted by  VG30DE

Hey now, he was stating his opinion you little weiner chill :evil:

posted by  99integra

And I stated mine. :thumbs:

posted by  VG30DE

In a smartass way :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Dude calm the **** down it was a joke. And dodger knows it was, Jesus.

posted by  SlipKnoT

apologies guys. I can't tell the tone alot of times with comments that are off the wall. sorry.

posted by  VG30DE

Its alright. I understand, I have that problem too :laughing: But if you ever see me say something like that to him again, its just a joke. I say that stuff to him all the time.

posted by  SlipKnoT

of course! ford and mopar/pontiac guys HAVE to bust each other's chops every now and again. I think it's a law. sorry, slipknot, i already have 2 fords in the driveway... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Your Message