I Love Pontaic Fiero

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  I Love Pontaic Fiero

Idoes anyone else love the Pontaic Fiero in here?

(and share the same distaste of all others as me?)

:mrgreen: sorry I had too.

posted by  TheFieroKid

To tell you the truth, when I first heard of them, I figured it would be similar to a Ford Pinto...but actually after seeing yours I'm starting to warm up to them. :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

I hated them at first, just didnt do anything for me, but lately i'm liking alot of cars i never used to (it being one of them). I was thinking about getting one at one time, by the sounds of them (from you) they are really nice toys/cars.

posted by  car_crazy89

I had a poster of the Indy Pace car in my room when they first came out. My uncle was actually a project engineer on the Fiero.

I think it is a neat car but I don't hold it above all others. I have one waiting for the Northstar conversion. Anybody got a spare Caddy around?

posted by  theman352001

What kind of Caddy? Does it have to be running? Because I can run over to the junkyard and check. Of course it will cost at least a bit... :2cents: :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

Especially if I have to go to Ontario to get it.

I am looking for a mid 90's Northstar set-up and it would be nice if it is in running condition so I wouldn't have to do anything to the motor. One that was rear-ended would be great. I like 'em cheap. :hi:

posted by  theman352001

I like them. :) Sort of an undiscovered sports car...

posted by  hondaman

Well thanks all for the kind words... next in the works is fiberglassing... im turing the old girl from a notch back to a fastback... I think itll look pretty good.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Won't that destroy the purpose of it being midengined? I'd think this would take out the MR2 look and replace it with the look of a CRX as well. I love the flat back that midengined cars wear as a kind of badge of balance. I would think that there would be serious heat issues with covering the engine up. :2cents:

posted by  VG30DE

no no I think your missunderstanding me... i want a fast back not hatch back.

Its gonna look like this fiero (this is the factory fastback). Only its gonna have the notch back window... not the fast back window.
http://www.auto-zimmerli.ch/_auto/Pontiac_Fiero_GT_Fastback_Automat_28_V6_M ittelmotor_1988_rot_%20004.jpg

The purpose of a mid engine is to balance the car... if it had a hatch back it would be fine... youd just need to find a way to vent the engine compartment... I know of a guy who did a hatch back conversion.

posted by  TheFieroKid

That looks nice. :) Sorry, but where I am the screen is a bit hard to see...you might already have this on yours I just may not be able to see it...but you should also get that dual exhaust system put in. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

I am going to have a dual exhaust... Im gonna wait till my new headers go, then ill do dual exhaust (stainless steal)

posted by  TheFieroKid

i got a caddy (87 de ville)lol no northstar tho

posted by  Mx3Kid

They can be nice sometimes, and stupid other times. Just depends on the year and condition for me I guess.

posted by  SlipKnoT

With the old 4100? No thanks. I have one in a 83 Seville and one from a 84 Seville that is waiting for the scrap yard. They are not that dependable of a motor.

posted by  theman352001

I'm not a fan. I just cant stand the way they look.

posted by  Oomba

Could always go to this site and check out their various kits (also have the GT Faskback kit): http://pisafierohq.com/body_panels/gtfx_conversion/

posted by  car_crazy89

Ya I love pisa... I plan on buying the JalapeƱo and making a fiero off roader.
http://pisafierohq.com/images/products/rk/jalapeno/1.jpg

posted by  TheFieroKid

That'd be pretty sweet, it doesnt look too bad either. Anything you decide to do, you need pics for us here at CF :mrgreen: lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Oh with out a doubt...

posted by  TheFieroKid

I LOVE FIEROS !!! :smoke:

posted by  magot

I love.....lamp.

:laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yea I know what a fastback is, I just figured that it was gonna look the same as the one you showed, but covered. That actually looks cool and unique from what I was thinking.

posted by  VG30DE

haha I like that. How much would it cost to do that to a Fiero?

posted by  jedimario

4800 for the body kit... 2000-5000k for a good fiero with v8 or 3800sc... and 500 for the lift kit. + what ever rims and tires would be.... and any intieror mods you want to do.

posted by  TheFieroKid

I love eclipses!!!

posted by  Spanky2324

I love....carpet :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

I love... Couch :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Which is it, carpet or lamp? :laughing:

I myself, i love... FOOD :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

I love...VIDEO GAMES!!!!

posted by  jedimario

pontiac fiero.... :ohcrap:

posted by  adamc44

do u really love lamp or are u just saying that? lol what a great movie... as for the fiero im not sure i like it as much as some of u do.

posted by  Tech_N9ne

mike here! hey man i love fieros and im interested in getting one....they really caught my eye. i found out about fieros when i was lookin into making a kit car. then i saw one and was like **** a fake lambo, i want a fiero! let me know if you know anyone that is trying to get rid of one. thanx man!

posted by  getrdonestr8

Now that guy (forgot his name for the moment) is a great comedian, as for the movie, well most of Will Ferrel's stuff absolutely sucks because he isnt funny at all... Just my opinion.

posted by  thunderbird1100

i was looking at purchasing one with base engine are they fast at all?

posted by  Aondor

Well its my understanding that Fieros tend to over heat when you don't get all to air out of the cooling system or put all the heat shields in place. I'd take a Fiat X1/9 over a Fiero any day unless I wanted to do the Lambo kit.

posted by  x1/9-rally

Just an opinion. :thumbs:

posted by  x1/9-rally

Well actually the old I4s tended to over heat just a tad... but thats not really a problem anylonger. I have the v8 in a fiero and have no problems, my water temp never goes over 180.

Id take a modded Fiero over a stock one anyday... if I was gonna go stock cars... hmmm my self would go with a TurboDodge but thats just me.

posted by  TheFieroKid

Your Message