radio installation problem

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  radio installation problem

hey people, i have recently purchased a chevrolet camaro, and not very car smart, i was trying to install a sony explode cd player so i wouldnt have to have my stock casseste tape deck, anywayz i think i shorted a circut, what do i do?? can anyone help me

posted by  bluntman5296

You probably just blew the accessory fuse. Go to the fuse box and see if it's blown or not. If it is, replace it for a quarter.

Remember when you always are working on electrical components in the car DISCONNECT the NEGATIVE battery terminal.

posted by  thunderbird1100

heh, I jumped on someone for doing that....they were putting a stereo into the car, with the battery connected.... I was working on a different cars stereo at the time, and caught it out of the corner of my eye.... and gave them shit for it lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

I remember 4 years ago when i did my first install. I didnt disconnect it and blew the accessory fuse. Couldnt figure out why the HU wouldnt turn on, everything was connected properly, but sadly the power seat belts wouldnt go back and the clock didnt turn on, on the dash. Figured out pretty quick it was the damned 15a fuse!

posted by  thunderbird1100

lol well, i also heard them say SHIT, because the wires touched and sparked lmao

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message