2006 town car upgrades

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  2006 town car upgrades

Hello. Looking for performance upgrades for a 2006 Lincoln Town Car. The car is fully armored making it very heavy. I am looking for engine, suspension and brake upgrades. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

posted by  beanride

Mmmkaay, why the hell is it armored :screwy:

posted by  99integra

1. Because he is in the FBI of course.

2. Put a Viper V-10 in it!

posted by  Pythias

What engine does it have now?

Basically just buy larger brakes, get tighter suspension, better tires, etc.

posted by  abless

because he's 50 cent incognito!!!!!! but seriously, you should be able to swap in a 5.4 and get rid of the 4.6 :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

actually the car is built for a cliant by Alpine armory and we are an automotive outfit that offers performance packages to these people that buy these cars. As we do many different kinds of vehicles this one had been an issue to find aftermarket parts for being it so new and not the average car to add upgrades too. The car is equiped with the single cam 4.6L found in many Munstangs, Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, etc. but I was wondering if any of the bolt on charger kits for those cars would fit on this one???

posted by  beanride

I do realize this is an old/stale thread, but as a Crown Victoria owner, I have the same problems with my vehicle.

One thing you might want to look at is an AED Supercharger for the vehicle. They make them specifically for the 4.6l 2v engines that are in our "Panther" platform vehicles. They are available in 6psi and 9psi boost. If you want the 9psi boost variant, they recommend having your engine reworked (specifics listed on the below link).

If I remember right, you'll have 16" wheels on your vehicle, so upgrading the size of your rotors is out of question unless you change your wheels as well. You can also try changing out your calipers and pads, but I do not know what kind of braking improvement that will offer you.

Hope this helps some.

posted by  Thundercleese

Your Message