Pictures of new car - not 56k friendly.

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Pictures of new car - not 56k friendly.

SX 2.0 1 (http://www.jensidealgifts.com/images/car/chris.jpg)
SX 2.0 2 (http://www.jensidealgifts.com/images/car/car1.jpg)
SX 2.0 3 (http://www.jensidealgifts.com/images/car/car2.jpg)
SX 2.0 4 (http://www.jensidealgifts.com/images/car/carfront.jpg)
SX 2.0 5 (http://www.jensidealgifts.com/images/car/carrear.jpg)

You can see my old sundance in the second to last picture...

And yes, I do realize that I do show up in the reflection on the bumper in the last shot.

And I apologize for the lack of quality in my camera. It does suck some complete and utter nut.

posted by  dodgerforlife

nice:thumbs:what I'd give to not need A/C
btw, why can't they call it a Neon there like they do here?

posted by  jedimario

That's a nice ride, You actually wrote chris_knows is a pimp...nice :mrgreen:

posted by  chris_knows

Because that names cooler. :smoke:

posted by  Pythias

nice neon
any plans for it?

posted by  6000LE

That is a much better name for that car than "Neon"

posted by  Oomba

jedi - it does have A/C lmao - and because we're cooler then you, thats why we get SX 2.0 :)

chris - you were the first one to congratulate me, making you the pimp lol

pythias - :thumbs:

6000LE - ummm see my other thread for plans lmao - tint, stereo, maybe a few power upgrades...

oomba - i'm glad you can show self-restraint at times.

thanks guys!

posted by  dodgerforlife

I only hate on ricers

posted by  Oomba

i cant wait to see what you are gona do when u get a car

posted by  6000LE

Beautiful man!

now you just need to save up for a t-66 :laughing:

posted by  Zalight

lol then be glad, because i don't plan on "ricing" it - a few looks upgrades may be in order - they have some pretty slick tail lights for the neon/sx - might consider neons under the seats/footwells, and the tint. thats about all for looks that i'll be doing. the rest will be speed related, but nothing to heavy.

tail lights: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/neon/OEM-Custom-Tuner-Taillamps-Dodge-Neon-03- Up-P7954C205.aspx

theres a picture of how they look on red - actually looks pretty good. plus that splash of chrome brings more chrome accenting to the back - enough on the front already.

posted by  dodgerforlife

lmao thats okay lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

oh snap, i just remembered, i lose the damn car tomorrow night for a day....undercoating is getting done tuesday, along with the door sill install :)

(edit: door sill link)

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/neon/OEM-Door-Entry-Guards-Dodge-Neon-00-Up-P7 952C2263.aspx

posted by  dodgerforlife

Truly nice man, keep us updated! I wanna know how far this thing has gotten in a month. Finally a decent Neon, one I wouldn't mind having. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

you might have to give me like 2 months lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hey, I could have put SX 2.0 if you wanted lol *refers to his edit of the links*...just kiddin :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

lmao I gotta keep it canadian!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Um...yeah...Gooo Canada :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

eh?

did you hear - Canada just legalized penicillin!

posted by  dodgerforlife

So?.....didn't you guys legalise prostitution? lol....or was that in the US....Vegas? :ohcrap: :thumbs: :ohcrap: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Nice car. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

sure but when i come around with my 98 neon its suddenly a POS
and everyone likes his
i like it too
but may i ask
why so much hate on my neon and love to his

posted by  6000LE

because he doesnt talk like his neon is gods gift to the automotive world

posted by  glagon1979

thanks again guys :)

6000LE - it probably has something to do with me knowing that I own a "Neon", and it is bone-stock at this point, and I am not rushing out to either create or join a car club, or trying to race other people. It is kind of funny, because other cars are trying to race me, but I ignore them.

posted by  dodgerforlife

well good for you
then we just have different views in the automotive world
if i have extra money im gona mod my car like no other
youll just do some small stuff here and there
thats fine too just not what I would personally do
but everyone has their own ideas

posted by  6000LE

glagon1979 = :screwy: thats just my :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

is that all you got, come on hurt me. give me all you got little boy!!!!!!!

posted by  glagon1979

Maybe because yours is a 98 and his is a 2005? And looks a whole lot better. AS well as one may call yours a ricer, while his simply is not.

posted by  Pythias

:oops: :doh: A bit off topic, but: I seem to have fallen behind...what does POS stand for? :doh: :oops:

posted by  chris_knows

Piece Of Sh*t

posted by  glagon1979

Alright thanks :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

yea because i did some of my own mods to my car that makes me a ricer
like i didnt go and buy painted panels i made my own
i mounted my own tubes
and i fix the car myself
I guess I'm a ricer because I just love my car. :smoke:

posted by  6000LE

:banghead: Read my post... I didn't call you a ricer I said "...AS well as one may call yours a ricer..." one meaning those people who don't differentiate between people who go buy painted panels and those who make their own. :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

i have a muffler tip..therefore im a ricer and i find it funny :laughing:

but im getting a cat back soon so w/e...let people think what they want :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

:sleep:

posted by  6000LE

But you are a ricer so it all works out :smoke:

posted by  Pythias

please with facts explain how I am a ricer?
Because I like the look of white dash panels during the day, and blue glow inside of my car at night? And good sounding music when I drive? Make some sense. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  6000LE

Actually I was just joking, i wanted to see what you would say. :mrgreen:

posted by  Pythias

and for your information i did all the mods cause i like them
all my friends have different mods
i dont like to follow a trend i set my own
hardly anyone has painted panels and neon tubes

posted by  6000LE

I want to get cat-back, and get a flat stainless steel exhaust tip. personally i find those damn sexy.

theres like nothing else for my car at this point, i need to find more shit for the 05 neons - im pretty sure anything 04 would fit, as no changes were made in 05....but still.

as for the great rice debate. I will be doing mods myself as well, none of them include painting my vents and panels. If i do go the way of coloured panels, i'll buy them, color matched with the exterior, which is the way the Neon R/Ts come. except i dont like how it looks. so i wont be doing that.

Lighting mods are a possibility - like i said, i love those Mopar tail lights they have for the car. I may put in footwell neons, but only 6" tubes, for a bit of accent lighting at night, wired to my interior dash lighting switch. I've seen the effects of that in other cars, and it actually does look pretty nice. nothing in my vents whatsoever.

No body mods. The car is already low slung enough for canadian driving. the roads around here, and entrances/exits for parking lots would tear a lip kit or side skirt off. even a stock probe has problems.... Plus theres winter....and i dont need a bloody snow plow....it just would not work out well.

Rims, already has aluminum 7 spokers - they suit the car, and they suit my budget(included :)) so no rim upgrades

suspension is already plenty stiff enough - any stiffer and i may as well be riding a damn bronc in a rodeo. our streets really suck. no lowering for said reason. did i mention that the streets here really suck?

tint of course is necessary. i do live in a very flat, wide open province, which sees ALOT of sun in the summer. but none of that weird silver to black fading shit.

car alarm, necessary for this city, and for the stereo system, and for the cars well being. we have a stupidly high rate of auto theft here. its like wearing depends at night, its a nice security blanket lmao

the stereo i priced out a few nights ago would be about 3000k if i get fibreglass sub boxes, about 2500 if not. also depends on the amps i get
- keep current deck, which is only a year old, and still pretty good
- focal polyglass components up front, focal axys 6x9s in the back
- twin focal axys 11" subs in the trunk(TRUE 10" cone.)
- audison amps, probably an SRx3 for the fronts and subs, and a SRx2 for the rears.

Can pound loud if necessary, but more for the quality. Focal is one of the top car audio companies - IMHO.

other miscellaneous mods - wires, plugs, filter. wires and plugs will be mopar performance series, filter, probably the same one. I love being able to get my parts at cost.

posted by  dodgerforlife

ummm, actually ive seen a lot of neon tubes and painted panels. it really isnt that uncommon. hell, like i said in my other post, the neon r/t comes with the painted panels.

posted by  dodgerforlife

but what im saying is
noone i know that has a car and does mods to it painted their panels
so i thought id so sometihng that noone else did
same with the tubes
now i just gota get new brakes because i want to make it a drifter

posted by  6000LE

see, thats the ricer attitude. its a ****ing NEON FFS. you cant just get brakes and make a NEON a DRIFTER. It just doesn't work that way.

posted by  dodgerforlife

i know
but i was talking to someone else on the forum
and i got a little problem with my handbrake
when i pull it it doesnt lock the wheels
at least when its dry im gona try it on wet
i do it at around 35 MPH

posted by  6000LE

thats a problem with the handbrake then. not with the pavement conditions.

posted by  dodgerforlife

you are a ricer because YOU talk all this junk about your car saying its the fastest and it beats ALL integras. you arent a ricer because of your car, its you attitude that make you one. you say its this and that but in reality its JUST a neon. like i said, they are good throw away cars, but not practical for a tuner. they have to many problems. you say that you have never had any problems, well those days are not far ahead!!!!

posted by  glagon1979

as soon as something breaks i will let you know
i drive 100 miles a week
so its gona be a while before i hit high miles
right now im at 63354

posted by  6000LE

It doesn't necessarily take high miles for problems to start arising in neons genius... :screwy:

Edit- Spelling corrections.

posted by  Pythias

Will you shut the hell up about your stereo? I'm not saying anything about your stereo.

Yes, neon lighting and colored dash panels ARE RICEY. And thats on top of all the shit you talk.

posted by  Oomba

you talk more crap than anyone on the forum
the king of smack = oomba

posted by  6000LE

:sleep:

posted by  Pythias

King of crunk = Me
King of junk = 6000LE

posted by  99integra

WHAT?!?!?!

posted by  6000LE

What????

posted by  99integra

YEAYA!!! :cussing:
OKAY!!!! :smoke:

posted by  6000LE

here are some pics of the car im doing up its an old ford cortina....needs a lot of love and attention .....

MY OLD BEAST SOON TO BECOME FANTASTIC (http://fortyeight.net/lh.php?lXc=4338)

posted by  FordHead

oh you seriously did NOT crap on my thread. someone please ban this nugget!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Oh no he didn't! ADVERTISING! BANNED HIM!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

posted by  Pythias

Your Message