Need opinions

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Need opinions

Im trying to decide between a 95+ cavalier with a 2.2L ecotec, or a 95+ ford probe either a gt or whatever model has the four cylinder turbo. Somebody please give me some input on either.

posted by  IDLE

well for starters the cavalier only had the ecotec from 2003+, and the probe only had the turbo in the first gen. the 95 (2nd gen) came with a v6 as the highest engine option.

posted by  glagon1979

get a book and read it

posted by  t8ter

A 1st gen(89-92) Probe came with a NA 2.2L I4(GL), Turbo 2.2L I4(GT), or a 3.0L V6(LX), and the second gen(93-97) either came with a NA 2.0L I4(Base or SE), or 2.5L V6(GT).
If those are your options i'd definitely go with the Probe. Its much faster then any Cavalier, even the new ones, and it looks much better IMO.

posted by  nsupra27

Hmm... I wonder why

posted by  Oomba

IMO, both cars are junk

posted by  glagon1979

They arent good, but I hear the Probe GT V6 is one fast mother.

posted by  6000LE

So it's fast, but not good .... why not good?

posted by  windsonian

Get a first gen turbo Probe if your heart is set on a Probe or Cavalier.

If not get an AWD Eclipse or Talon. Much better cars.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I dont believe in the reliability factor of most GM engines. Seems they are only good for SUVs, Trucks, and Sports cars (V8). I personally have a Neon, and I hear they are bad. The older GM cars are pretty much invincible. I had a 1990 Pontiac 6000LE with 150k and it was running strong. I totalled it :(

posted by  6000LE

a neon driver calling a probe and cavalier junk is like the pot calling the kettle black

posted by  airmanUSN

Except the Probe's kettle is silver, so he is lying. The Probe GTs are great cars. The auto trannys are junk and the base/SE models are shit. If you're gonna get a Probe, get a GT or nothing at all.

posted by  Oomba

Your Message