Car of the Year

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Car of the Year

What do you think is the car of the year!

posted by  jasjitdhillon09

How bout you give us more detail!!

posted by  99integra

Overall I think that Toyota Corolla wins. It has a good pricetag, enough power for the common driver, comfort, optional wood trim (not real though), and even has the S version with ground effects, rims, and dark interior. gets great gas milage. my dad has one its good car. and lets not forget Toyota reliability

posted by  6000LE

Wow, saying the Corolla is the best car made this year is like saying Roseanne Barr was the best person to ever sing the national anthem at a baseball game.

2005 Mustang.

posted by  Oomba

Z06 corvette, :hi: . or the toyota prius, they sell more used than new...

posted by  Slapshot

I'd have to say the newly re-engineered BMW M6!!!
http://www.mcarsweb.com/bmw/m6d.jpg

posted by  elchango36

We are talking 2005 models here right?

If not, 2006 Civic Si.

But if we are...

the 2005 Mustang gets my vote - A long awaited mustang that I'd even consider buying...once they go $6k below msrp that is (Although they are getting closer, day by day!)

posted by  thunderbird1100

you know this is purely opinion right
and why is this not in general discussion? :banghead:

posted by  6000LE

its all a matter of what you like

posted by  6000LE

Like 6000, this is all a matter of opinion. Someone could think it's stupid to pick the Mustang because it's sales dont even come close to Accord sales. People use different means on how to get the "Car of the year".

How about Skylines made in 2005?

Or does it have to be a model introduced in 2005?
Depends on what you mean by "Car of the Year"...like sports car, suv, luxury, economy, people car...

Overall, my favourite is the Vette, and the Mustang... :thumbs:

How about you make a poll like in "Most Excellent Member"...what were the results of that BTW? :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

i like the design on the new corvette. but i dont see it reasonable getting a car that powerful with gas prices as they are now. then agian if you can afford a corvette, you can afford gas for it. this is one of those questions that most people will have a different answer for

posted by  6000LE

Anyone that can afford a Corvette Z06 isnt gonna bitch about gas prices going up a whole 20 cents a gallon.

posted by  Oomba

The 2005 Mustang gets my vote. But then theres also the BMW M6 :hi:

posted by  SlipKnoT

2005 Mustang Baby

:2cents:

posted by  Pythias

2005 Car - The Mustang comes close, but I gotta agree with Motor Trend...
CHRYSLER 300:
Style, quality, value, power (in C form), a true American Icon!

2005 Truck - JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE:
An S.U.V. that can make it across almost any terrain mother earth throws at it, a beefy engine, and incredible on-road performance. Will cost you some money at the pumps though.

2006 Car - I gave the Infiniti M and Pontiac Solstice a look, but in the end it comes down to...
LEXUS IS:
A true BMW fighter, it couldn't keep up with the redesigned model. The new 3-series may be a little more appropriate, but BMW always wins awards, and we gotta give credit to Lexus to building quite possibly the most exciting L-badged product ever.

2006 Truck - The Pontiac Torrent gives some worthy competition, but I have to say the Truck of the year is the...
CHEVROLET HHR:
Considered a truck because of it's flat load space, this PT-Cruiser rival gives people utility and space in a sporty, good looking crossover that will not guzzle a tank of gas.

posted by  moostang104314

yea thats what i said. learn to read jerkoff

"then agian if you can afford a corvette, you can afford gas for it"

posted by  6000LE

Yeah Oomba that was pretty much the stupidest post I have ever seen anyone make. What have you been smokin. :laughing: :laughing: :ticking:

posted by  Pythias

Maybe you didnt read his post... He posted nearly exactly what you said but in much different terms.

BTW - Gas prices havent gone up just 20 cents (Unless you're talking about pre then post hurricane rita). Before Katrina gas was 60 cents cheaper here.

That's gotta be the second most stupid post I've ever seen, and mine being third :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Oomba got
http://norcal3.com/owned/jetowned.jpg
by 3 people

posted by  6000LE

pt cruiser rival, my ass! it's a pt cruiser ripoff! it's pretty blatant, really...

posted by  dodger65

Not really. I just cant stand to read the garbage that pours out your mouth in horribly structured "sentences" for that long.

posted by  Oomba

Dude, if you say Oomba got owned one more time, It'll be your first :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

?????

posted by  6000LE

Because I clearly stated that if you can afford a vette you can afford the gas, you go on parading "well i think if you can afford a vette gas going up a whole 20 cents a gallon wont bother you", as if I hadn't stated it. :fu:

posted by  6000LE

Doesn't anyone else think the Ford GT was the best car of 2005??? I certainly do.

O and moostang....

The HHR isn't a truck! It's a sad excuse for a "retro" station wagon/SUV/minivan/whatever crossover. :2cents:

posted by  jedimario

It may be a ripoff, but it does look quite a bit better I must say. :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

I'll have to admit, the new HHR should really RIP into P.T. sales. It's a wonderful new vehicle. When the P.T. came out there was a ton of hype about it. I finally got to drive one this past summer (2.4T Touring convertible). I must say, I expected way more from it. The biggest thing that suprised me (besides the fact it was a very unengaging ride) is the brakes on it were horrible. Almost as bad as our 2000 Town and Country (whats with putting an awful braking setup here Chrysler!). I found out quickly they still use DRUMS in the back...Unless of course you splurge the $30k for a PT GT convertible. On top of that, the model I drove didnt even have ABS! It's an option! This is sad, if Honda can sneak in 4 rotors on a $20k Accord standard I think Chrysler (where they cut much more corners) has enough money left over to put 4wheel discs on a $24k PT STANDARD.

I drove the 2.4 HHR and was really impressed. It was slightly more comfortable than the PT I drove. It had just as much thrust as the 2.4T PT. Only thing is it too had a rear drum setup as well (but WITH ABS)...thing is, the HHR I drove was over $5k less too. Yes, it was a convertible, but the hard top PT is still over $2500 more than this one. They both felt just as sloppy though in the turns.

No shit. I just said I didnt read it all because you do sentences like this:

I drive a Neon
It is shitty
I put neons in it
how cool

Learn English you twat, and maybe I'll read what you have to say.

posted by  Oomba

Umm, the corvettes get good gas mileage :screwy:

posted by  99integra

no i said that if you can afford a vette, you can afford to fill it with gas

posted by  6000LE

You are a flaming fag. All you do is argue, and flame with people. Thats why I think you are an idiot.

Was that better?

posted by  6000LE

Thank you, I've been gettin tired of those sentences too

posted by  99integra

Dude dont diss me! :cussing: I'm kidding flame away

posted by  6000LE

Good on the highway, not so great around town. I k now some people claim to get up to nearly 28-30mpg on the highway with a C5. But everyone I've known personally who drives it mostly city gets at most 18-19mpg. Average was usually around 15-16. Only reason the C5 gets excellent gas mileage has way more to do with the final gear than the engine.

that's fine if you like it. i just think it's sad that chevy can't come up with something original.... i think they're pretty lame for doing a car that is so stylistically similar to the pt....

posted by  dodger65

Chevy's not the one's who can't come up with anything original. The same guy who designed the PT designed the HHR. I guess you're saying the Corvette, an American Sports Car, as well as the Suburban are not original. Chevy comes along every now and then and creates a new vehicle that changes the automotive world.

Thank you. Chevy has taken an idea, and basically improved it. I don't think many people care that it heavily resembles the Chrysler.

While I can see where you're coming from. I dont see too many styling cues that are very similar. While yes, this is a niche wagon market that really only PT and HHR fit in.

right, which came first, the pt or hhr? are you trying to blame a person rather than a company here? and how am i saying the suburban and vette aren't original ideas?

oh no wait. you're not blaming one person, b/c you're trying to give chevy credit here for copying.... :screwy: do you work or chevy or something?

posted by  dodger65

Yep, I'm 15 and my good buddy Lutz gave me his position. I'm running this show now.

well make 'em redesign the hhr so it doesn't look like a pt cruiser w/ a chevy badge on the front then, ok? :wink2: :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

I'll see what I can do...

And why don't you convert it to RWD, drop in an LS2 and a T-56 while you're at it? :mrgreen:

posted by  dontmatr

Yeah, I liked this one too. I didn't do that much off roading in it (I had a rental on a trip I took in August) - but I did like it. I'm curious to see how the new Jeep does. It's a step up from the GC.

posted by  ChromeDome

If were talking about domestic the 05 Mustange GT gets my vote for being so bad ass.

posted by  The_Dude

Your Message