Need some stuff

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Need some stuff

I am looking for Blackout taillights for my car, I want it just like the one in my SIG. Also I ordered a set of 2 36inch tubes and 2 48inch tubes. will they fit?

posted by  6000LE

Depends on if you have the large or small trash cans, a measuring tape should clear up any confusion.

posted by  Bino

Sorry, I couldn't resist :mrgreen: . Really, it's your car, do what you want.

posted by  Bino

it said universal application

posted by  6000LE

They will fit. Question is: do you want them to? jk As far as the tailights, did you check ebay?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

If you've already ordered them, wait 'til they arrive then try yourself. I'm sure you can make them fit somewhere.

posted by  windsonian

But see I can cancel the order at any time. Are those the standard dimentions of neon tubes? If so, then I am sure that they will fit. I want the big ones on the sides and the little ones in the front and the back

posted by  6000LE

That's what they're meant for.

If you want to check some sites to see if the 4ft and 3ft are standard sizes (I think they are) try Electus Distribution, or Dick Smith Electronics (Australian).

posted by  windsonian

Thanks

posted by  6000LE

Is your car longer than 4 feet? Is your car wider than 3 feet?

If you can answer yes to both of the above then YES, they will fit.

posted by  thunderbird1100

lol @ thunder

posted by  Stem

Summitracing.com and jegs.com should have the blackouts.

posted by  The_Dude

Will they take a money order? And are they legal?

posted by  6000LE

Yea they take money orders. I got my blackouts from summitracing.

posted by  The_Dude

yes, they will fit, all depends on how creatively you can mount them

posted by  dodgerforlife

Dude that Neon seriously looks like ass

posted by  99integra

I second that!

posted by  torinoman80

I dont :finger:

posted by  6000LE

Real cute......

posted by  99integra

Comon now its 6000LE. What did you expect?

posted by  torinoman80

lol someone more refined like me who realizes a neon is a neon. that is...until i throw down a turbocharger, along with the catback, ported and polished, intake....injectors, boost controller, ecu....yadda yadda yadda....

gotta wait for a couple years for all that though lol

posted by  dodgerforlife

It'll look great though. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

lol...I see I am still disliked on the forum. Its a neon thats true. But beauty is within the eye of the beholder, and thats why in my other post on "ugly" cars, I said "a lot of work went into these cars, but I dont like them...." and im sure the owners do because they made them for a reason. STOP HATING

posted by  6000LE

Sorry but I have to clal on your BS the title of your post was All of these cars, are just plain WRONG VERY much implying that you were putting these cars up as targets to anyone who might want to bash on them, possibly in the hopes to make your neon seem a little less-riced.

That also VERY much implying how you wanted to bash on them... of course you edited your original statement WITHOUT stating what you edited so it is VERY likely you added the last part. Even so if you did not, your point of this thread was to target these cars as victims, and the plan backfired. Now if in some .0001 percent chance I am wrong and you are being truthful then you need to extremely re-think the way you express Threads or Idea's. :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

I did not edit my original post. I just thought in my opinion that the cars were ugly. It is an opinion, and I am not asking anyone to agree with me, but simply wanted peoples opinions, and I got them. I got what I needed thank you very much. And nothing backfired. If there were any positive opinions, I dindt go against them.

posted by  6000LE

Last edited by 6000LE : 10-23-2005 at 06:44 PM.

Please explain that at the bottom of your post then :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

That update was yesterday before anyone even had a chance to comment the post. I added the double spoiler accord. Notice how it even has writing next to it unlike the others.

posted by  6000LE

He won't have any money left after he buys gauges, underlights, vinyls, etc. :laughing:

EDIT: Don't forget the vent paint.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Wat exactly was the post about?

posted by  Pythias

And yes I see that now

posted by  Pythias

:smoke:

posted by  6000LE

O.K. Mr. I have 3 neon tubes, need an oil change (call me about that tomorrow), bent a rim because I let my dumbass friend drive and DIDNT listen to alex when I should have. I'm messin with ya. Dude tubes are 175 installed and guages are 60 installed. No biggie.

posted by  6000LE

You can get those neon underbody stuff for $50-$60 on ebay. Heck even $90 at like autozone. Where are you getting ripped? Those are easier to install than changing the oil in a car.

I remember doing 6 neon tubes on the inside of my friends car and that took me all of 45 minutes to accomplish, mounting AND wiring.

I paid 52.40 for mine
install is a little difficult doing under the body with no lift, and I think i will leave it to the pros. i trust these guys they did a lot of work on a frineds car.

posted by  6000LE

Lol my other points remain. :smoke:

posted by  Pythias

They do...dont understand why

posted by  6000LE

Thats cause your thunderbird1100.

posted by  Pythias

How hard is it to mount four tubes (two 4' and two 3') underneath a car? Dont they come with either A. Screws you just drills holes and screw in or B. 3m double sided tape? Why spend $100 to get them mounted? It's so damn easy to put them in!

lmao we did a ford probe kit with just a jack - put holes into the undercarriage and zip tied the damn tubes to the car... took about 45 minutes for the whole kit, plus wiring. simple.

posted by  dodgerforlife

My friend didn't know ANYTHING about underbody tubes when he installed his. His came with double sided 3m tape. He had them installed AND wired in about an hour or so on his 95 Eclipse. Just follow the directions!

I dont know how to wire anything in. Not my area of expertise.

posted by  6000LE

Wiring them up is the easiest part, just tap into a 12v source! Did the things not come with instructions? If you follow them it WILL work. If it didnt come with instructions just search for some online, there are plenty of guides im sure.

Well id still rather go with the pros. Thanks for the support thought. At least they arent being called rice...till Enron gets here anyway...

posted by  6000LE

So did they come with instructions? :ticking:

posted by  Pythias

its really quite easy....generally theres a power distribution block to hook all the wires(from the lights) into. that in turn is connected to the battery, a direct 12v source. then there is a wire/switch that you would bring to the interior of your car. really simple.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message