1994 Trans AM

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1994 Trans AM

Hi Im looking into purchasing a 1994 trans am.
I heard some horror stories froma friend about how they wall at 80mph and have horrid 0-60 times is there any truth to this at all? Would i truly be purchasing a performing car or just a rat racer

posted by  Aondor

I dunno about you but I like the rat racer look better, more of a 50's sleeper :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

I'd get it, LT-1 power baby.

Low to mid end is what high displacement American cars do best.

Its a great car. I'd buy it. Stock does 14 seconds flat 1/4 passes. Of course thunderbird will probably say it does low 13s.

posted by  PontiacFan27

No I wont. The LT1 F body cars did high 13s at best (13.7-13.8).

What was that dumbass comment for?

posted by  thunderbird1100

:laughing:

posted by  Pythias

For the STi comment. I've been reading through some of your other posts to, where you make the same type of comment for a 300ZX and I think an Integra.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Am I wrong to post 1/4 mile times I've actually seen? OR is this a magazine only forum? Oh wait, THAT'S right, you're the nOOb.

My personal 300ZXTT ran 13.70s bone stock. Those were my best e/t's. Definatley not up to the full potential of the car as I saw others doing mid 13s.

What do have such a huge problem with me posting ACTUAL 1/4 mile times i saw or DROVE?

If you are so desperately prying for "online proof" here are some results for the 90-96 Z32 (non turbo and twin turbo) by several magazines....
http://www.zparts.com/showcase/zcarstats/pages/perfz32.htm

Notice even Car and Driver and Motortrend got 13.7/13.8 with a 300zxtt, and they dont push the car to its full extent.

Hey i just bought a 1994 firebird formula lt1 m6 and i'll tell ya its FAST. Mine is stock and it'll smoke any of those hondas or mitsubishies running around. The only thing that i dont like is when you mash the peddal it spins out like crazy when your trying to take off. My top speeds right at 155 and it runs a 13.986 in the quarter.

Heres a really good site to learn stuff about the LT1 http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2682252#post2682252

posted by  83transam

Because an internet site or magazine is much more reliable for information than some anonymous person on a small car forum.

posted by  PontiacFan27

The internet is never a reliable source... you learn that quickly if you ever have/had to write a paper in college. "Internet Source" : Rip : "Do the paper over".

I never asked you to believe anything I say, I just put out the facts.

Plus did you not go to the beloved webpage I posted? Both car and driver and motor trend got 13.7-13.8 in a 300ZXTT...

Get the Trans Am. A friend of mine had a 96 Z-28 which is pretty much the same car. And he never had any trouble with his.

posted by  The_Dude

Your Message