Ford of my life

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Ford of my life

:wink2: I can never get over my first car, the Ford Crown Victoria. You guys may have seen this on cop cars and let me tell you, you drive one and you would feel like a cop too! It was a couple years ago that I bought one used. I was just thinking it would be a car to ride with me and my friends, but it did more than that. It inspired me to cusomize my first car, to add a turbo for the first time, to paint for the first time, to take some seats and reupholseter for the first time. Yep, even scored my first girl in there. Anyways, there was a first time a couple times for me with this car. I just loved the handling the smooth transmition it gave. It was a quick response car and the turning was exceptional. Now for you crown Victorica lovers, you will know that the speed was off-da-chain. By the way, if you have any stories to share about this marvelous car.

posted by  xlratedmonkey

.......Wow, you do know that the car is a piece of ass, the P.I. is a little bit better due to the suspension upgrades but that car is heavy and not to peachy handling

posted by  99integra

Car my grandpa would buy

posted by  420amodder

Hmm. I know a lot of sports car owners who like the Crown Vics, especially the police versions, as comfy, fast long distance cruisers. And kind of like the Caprice/Impala SS, they can be made to handle pretty good for cheap.

There's no reason to be insulting about a car just because he seems to like his.

posted by  ChrisV

I gotta disagree with steven and 6000le on this one. Crown Vics are perfect cars for cruising around. You can comfortably fit 5 in the car. I wouldn't have turboed it, but eh whatever floats your boat.

posted by  torinoman80

Im not 6000le...anymore :banghead: and what kinda gas milage do they get? I wanted something really luxury after my neon I was thinking like an avalon or lexus, but this might be the better pic...even though its a car my gramps would get.

posted by  420amodder

When I said P.I it stood for police intercepter, that is what I like, more of a performance model, the stock one is to much of a bland car

posted by  99integra

I saw one today. What is the difference between them. I was driving around center city, and was right behind one I thought it was a cop because it said "Police Interceptor" so I was driving carefully.

posted by  420amodder

The difference is they are set up for high speed pursuits :wink2:

posted by  99integra

So what exactly does it mean when you call it a "peice of ass"? It doesn't sound very complimentary to me. Let the dancing begin.

posted by  vwhobo

Nah, I don't feel like dancing, I should have refrased that to saying "I don't like the stock version but I would like a Police Intercepter series"

posted by  99integra

Beat me to it. :cussing:

posted by  torinoman80

How much do they run for?

posted by  420amodder

Man if i ever said that they sucked i take it back. The P.I. is awesome!

posted by  420amodder

So what you're saying is that it is a POS?

posted by  Wally

Umm, no

posted by  99integra

Oh, OK then. I don't even know the car so you can be honest with me...I'll never tell. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

It's an alright car. I dunno if they are still making them, but I would rather have a Mercury Marauder. :2cents:

posted by  hondaman

6000le they run pretty cheap usually b/c you can buy them from the po po used. Though the mileage is high usually :ohcrap: . But if you want a good one good luck..they will prob run you around 7 or 8k in really good condition.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

I've never driven one, or ridden in one, excepts the time I torched that building J/K :laughing:

Not my style, but can't deny it's a pretty good car.

posted by  chris_knows

They are going on ebay for 5k with around 100k miles and i see them on there with 266k and such. Well taken care of as Steve said.

One of the newer lower mile TURBOS! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Police-Interceptor-w-Vortechs-Maxflow-Power -Cooler_W0QQitemZ4586543318QQcategoryZ6227QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

posted by  420amodder

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. No turbo.

posted by  vwhobo

Then what is that? (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cd14wv.jpg)

posted by  420amodder

It's not a turbo. See if you can figure out what it really is.

posted by  ChrisV

Blah, blah, blah.

posted by  vwhobo

Damnit! I was hoping he'd at least try on his own...

posted by  ChrisV

Now he can. :thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

What does this supercharger do? Give more power, but how does it differ from a regular supercharger?

posted by  420amodder

Your Message