1990 ranger starts hard after being ran for about 5 min.. HELP!!!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1990 ranger starts hard after being ran for about 5 min.. HELP!!!

:banghead: I have a 1990 ford ranger 2.9L V6. Starts hardIt starts fine in the morning when it cold but after it runs for about 5 min than shut it off it will crank hard (slow) like the battery is about dead or its a few degrees out of time. I pulled the electronic advance jumper, put a timing light on it its dead on time. it runs great... just starts hard after its been ran. I put in a new battery, alt, starter, new battery wires, cleaned all the ground wires. I did just about everything I can think of...... does anyone have anymore ideas? Thanks Jason :banghead: :cussing: :doh: :sleep:

posted by  Caddyranger9190

Why post it twice?

posted by  99integra

:banghead: i mess up didnt mean too :banghead:

Thats alright, just gotta be patient sometimes :wink2:

posted by  99integra

only thing i can think of is an improper ground that isn't allowing the battey to charge correctly, which would then mean your starter is getting less juice when trying to crank....

check the alternator connections....

posted by  dodgerforlife

I checked every connection on the truck everythings fine I know it charging cause I had it running and took the positive wire off and it stayed running. I put a new high crank power battery in, and a new seliniod, new starter, and a new distributer... I more less just made the truck new again besides it dont start right. I did just about everything that can come to mind. I took off all gound wires took a piece of sand paper and cleaned then all up. Still same problem... They are all new wires, so they dont have any cracks or loose ends. I guess I just have to live with it :banghead: :cussing:

Your Message