Bought a New HHR

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Bought a New HHR

Check it outmycar1.jpg

posted by  SIHHR

Cool. I like those, and was looking at one to replace my PT as it gets up in miles. Ended up not choosing it as it's a tiny bit smaller inside (less shoulder room and less rear seat legroom). But I do like the way they look.

posted by  ChrisV

Nice, I personally like the 2.4 HHR over the light pressure turbo 2.4 PT Touring I drove. It could use some omre juice. I hope they take the supercharged Ecotec form Cobalt SS/Ion Redline and throw it in there (except TURBOCHARGED).

posted by  thunderbird1100

Did you drive an auomatic equipped PT? If so, the light turbo (180 hp) version is still slower than my 5 speed non-turbo PT. But try out a 5 speed GT Cruiser...(and just for fun, switch off the traction control).

posted by  ChrisV

wow side-by-side, the hhr looks like a pt cruiser humped a honda element and that's what came out... :hi: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

Congrats man, that's a nice car :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

It was an automatic convertible Touring. It was a special "cheap price" night they stayed open until 10pm and had a few cars out to test drive. Drove that Automatic Touring light pressure turbo Convertible, 2005 SRT-4 and a 2004 Viper, they were selling that very Viper that night for $68,000. I wanted to drive the high presure turbo GT 5spd model but they didnt have any out for drive that night (I know it's almost basically the SRT-4 engine dropped in the PT). It was a nice night so I decided to to drive the convertible rather than the hardtop PT (both were light pressure automatic Tourings).

I just felt as if the HHR gave me more feedback and I liked the interior more. The enigne felt slightly weaker than the PT's 180hp 2.4T (go figure...), but braking felt much better in the HHR (the PT was disc/drum and the HHR was disc/disc).

Hmm. Mine's a touring with the 5 speed and uprated suspension, but it has the non-ABS disc/drum brakes. Stopping feel is extremely easy tomodulate, and was much more confidence inspiring than the ABS disc/disc combo, as you can feel what each wheel is doing through the pedal I can modulate at impending lockup and stop faster than with ABS. Maybe the convertible is just tuned softer, butmine is very responsive, which made it much better on teh autocross track than I had anticipated.

I fully intend on testing the higher power version of the HHR when it arrives, if it comes with the manual (the only manual HHRs they had at the dealer were base trim versions).

posted by  ChrisV

It felt soft to me, almost like my 1990 Accord. The braking performance felt like my disc/drum 1990 Accord as well, I personally was kind of unimpressed with it and wondered why they didnt have a ABS 4 wheel disc setup with the price tag ($24k). Yeah it seemed that's all the GM dealers had here too, only manual base models no 2.4 LT2 manual.

ive already had the pleasure of working on the HHRs quite a bit. theyre nice looking thats for sure. surprisingly easy to work on. so far there has yet to be any problems found with them. panning out to be a solid truck.

posted by  nattereri2000

Cool. I was kinda wondering what the HHR would be like. Congrats.

posted by  StiMan

TRUCK? Wha????

Well, it IS styled after the '50 Chevy Suburban...

posted by  ChrisV

Oh, and the local Chevy dealer has a truck lot and a car lot. Guess which one the HHR is sold at? Yup, the truck lot.

posted by  ChrisV

I know that, but the HHR IS NOT a truck. It's a wagon...

Guess they're confused. Here it is sitting next Cobalts. Also, same way back in Atlanta.

Your Message