Gto Not Great Car

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Gto Not Great Car

stock 2006 GTO vs. stock 2000 Skyline GTR in 1/4 mile who would win

posted by  Rocko790165

GTO wins in price and the Skyline might edge it out SLIGHTLY in the 1/4 mile, but not by much. Really a drivers race I'm sure.

posted by  thunderbird1100

and im not saying the GTO isnt a great car i made that the title so people would at least respond to my question.

posted by  Rocko790165

because as we all know, drag racing is everything.

I really don't see the point in this comparison. Two completely differnt cars for two completely different missions.

posted by  ChrisV

I'd take the Skyline, it looks better IMO, but you're comparing a $45-50,000 car, with a $33,000 car...I like the GTO too, but not as much as a Skyline...

I'm partial against the GTO, as I used it in Forza Motorsport, and it was impossible to control on the uphill races :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i went to a website to look up 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times the 2004 GTO and the 2005 SRT-4 had the same 0-60 time and the SRT-4 was 1 tenth of a second slower yet a lot of people say that the SRT-4 is POS thats just souped up and is not that great but if that true then well..... and the website is http://www.fast-autos.net/ you can check for yourself

posted by  Rocko790165

Yes, the SRT-4 is a nice car, but if it were between those two, I would take the GTO. Plus the 05-06 GTO does 60 in about 4.5 s and the quarter mile around mid 13 s
Now if it were between the Skyline and GTO, I would take the Skyline, mainly because of twin-turbo and AWD. :mrgreen:

posted by  nsupra27

Websites almost always differ in times (most of them are just guestimates)...but I guarentee you a GTO isnt only a tenth quicker in the 1/4 mile than the SRT-4, even the 350hp LS1 model. The GTO is good for middish 13 second runs while the SRT-4 is pretty lucky to see 13's on an excellent day for the turbo. Most SRT-4's run 14 flats and up. At least down here.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message