1992 buick

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1992 buick

i have a 1992 buick lesabre it keeps stalling as im driving down the road i bought a scan tool (acton cp9001) it gave me code 17 witch it says is cam sensor replaced it still doing it any suggestion

posted by  mike turnvall

Run your codes again.

posted by  67Coronet383

Ding, ding, ding. This is why we diagnose and isolate BEFORE perfoming repairs. DTC 17 does not now and never has told you to replace the CMP... It tells you there's a problem within the circuit. Based on many years experience with this engine, most likely the magnet has come loose or fallen out of the cam gear. Sounds like it's time for a little more investigation and a lot more work.

posted by  vwhobo

I was this close to looking up the code, but figured if someone was smart enough to pull a code they'd atleast get the code matched to it's meaning. I guess if I'm going to help out here I should go the extra mile for people that don't. :doh:

posted by  67Coronet383

No, they should go the extra mile to help you help them, you're doing fine. How many times have you heard me bitch about people who want help but won't help themselves? This is just such a common problem that with experience on this engine you know to look for it.

posted by  vwhobo

checked magnet & wiring ok code also refrences rpm signal problem

posted by  mike turnvall

Okay, so what does the toubleshooting tree in your service manual tell you to do?

posted by  vwhobo

IT DOSENT REFRENCE RPM SIGNAL AT ALL I WAS THINKING MAYBE COIL PACK OR MODULE BUT EXPENSIVE GUESSES

posted by  mike turnvall

Okay, I'll ask the question one more time. Okay, so what does the toubleshooting tree in your service manual tell you to do?

posted by  vwhobo

OK AGAIN IT DOESN'T REFERENCE RPM SIGNAL PROBLEM

posted by  mike turnvall

Your a dumbass.

posted by  Pythias

whatever

posted by  mike turnvall

would anyone else maybe have any suggestions I did what the haynes manual told me to do ie check magnet,wiring and connections they all seem fine again I cant find anything on rpm signal problem also code 17 is not in haynes book just the manual that came with the code reader

posted by  mike turnvall

Your Message