Srt-4

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Srt-4

What are your thoughts on this car? Im considering getting one in a year or 2. Gotta love it. 230 ponies 2.4 turbo bucket seats, and a mean lookin grill (the front not the grill itself), plus lots of room for custom work.

posted by  newyorker

well, when people look and see "just another neon", in my opinion, they couldnt be more wrong. :thumbs:

i'd get one if i was going for that class of car. then again, i have a neon r/t, (and happen to like it, except it's not the quickest car out there...), so i may have a slight bias. :mrgreen:

posted by  pik_d

You have a Neon? Welcome to the club. I get laughed at here for mine because I had neon tubes under the seats. The R/T is pretty quick I cant complain. Check out www.neontuners.com im on there too its pretty nice.

posted by  newyorker

um. that's advertising, it's gonna be frowned upon... i'd suggest taking it out. :ohcrap:

so wait... do you have a neon, and want to upgrade to an srt-4? or you've just driven one?

i havnt driven THAT many cars...

only 9 that i can think of... and really only 7 of those that i actually "drove" on a real road.

EDIT: my point there was that i dont think i can say overall how "quick" the R/T feels to me... though it's probably the 4th on the list in terms of speed after a lincoln markVIII, mercedes... something430, and a ford taurus (so unfun to drive... gah...).

and the slower cars would be a toyota prius, jetta 2.0 (hardly drove it though, just learned how to shift on it), an old accord wagon (actually... not that slow, probably on par with the R/T actually), and a pontiac sunbird SE (my 1st car... oh how i hated that car...)

EDIT2: screw having points to what i say...

posted by  pik_d

It's a very quick car, that's for sure. Not my favorite in the segment as I want a more rounded complete package than what the SRT-4 has to offer, but if all you want is speed, decent handling and 4 doors, go for it!

posted by  thunderbird1100

Cool car, fast, just that I've heard that it has a bit more understeer than most cars though. Overall, I'd take it...

posted by  chris_knows

Newyorker's only ever going to have Neon's in his life. He's just praying that they come out with a Neon 5, so he can cart the kids around in 15 years. :laughing:

posted by  Mathew

well then he'll be getting a dodge calibur... which is something at THIS point in time i wouldnt wish on anyone... maybe the srt-4 version will rock. and magically look nice... :banghead:

posted by  pik_d

Dont be mad because I like my car. :fu:

posted by  newyorker

Meh...there aight.

They can be unbelievably fast, I know. But they arent my style.

Very powerful+gobs of torque+FWD=racing from a roll.

posted by  Zalight

They are quick in their own right. Im just making a guess but I think they are on par with the S2000. Maybe a bit slower or maybe a bit faster. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

The Srt-4 is a pretty good car for the money but, you may also want to check out a Cobalt SS. Never hurts to cross look when buying a car and the Cobalt is almost identical in performance.

If you do purchase the Srt-4 be sure to upgrade and buy a mopar stage 1 or 2 kit. It'll up the hp to around 270-290 :thumbs:

posted by  CorvetteC6-9

A bit slower than an S2000, that's a little optimistic to say the SRT-4 is on par with an S2000 :wink2:

Well its about time a "shitty neon" got some zip.

posted by  newyorker

The Cobalt SS and the SRT-4 are not even close to each other. The SRT-4 pushes out 230 horses and runs a 1/4 mile 13.9 sec,w/ a 5.3 sec 0-60. Cobalt SS only makes 205 hp, 14.9 1/4 mile w/ 6.4 sec 0-60. If you are looking for a nicer car on the interior and a daily driver, go with the cobalt. If you are looking for more performance for less money, SRT-4.

posted by  johnfilice

Just like to say I've still yet to see a COMPLETELY stock SRT-4 pulls these 13 second timeslips everyone claims. Best yet is 14.0x, average is more around low-mid 14s.

Ok lets get it straight its not a Neon its a SRT-4..haha

posted by  IwantaSti

:clap: I'm not alone in the world.

posted by  newyorker

No one TRUELY believes that :wink2:

I do. So now its noone -1 :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

What about that SRT-8, now try and figure out WHICH SRT-8 I'm talking about :laughing:

They still use "Neon" in the SRT-4 name, just like they use the name of every other SRT vehicle in the name; and it's apparent it IS a Neon (Same body,chassis...), just a modifed version of the Neon, just like the Civic Si is to the Civic DX/LX/EX.

If you go to Dodge.com its called the SRT-4 and not the Neon SRT-4. I will admit that it looks familiar to the second gen neon, but its like the Big Brother to the SX and SXT, with better handling, more matured looks, and a more beefy powerplant.

posted by  newyorker

Do you have any clue as to what SRT stands for?

Street and Racing Technology.

Which means that the SRT-4 will by default have the racing inspired interior, the sport tuned suspension, and a sport appearance package, as well as damn near double the horsepower over the neon.

posted by  dodgerforlife

A) Right now there is only one SRT-8, the 300C with the 6.1L V8 Hemi.

B) No, the Neon name is not used in the SRT-4 Desigination. It's the only SRT group vehicle that does not use the name in desigination. The Ram, the 300C, and the Crossfire (SRT-10, 8 and 6 respectively) all utilize the names.

C) Yes, it is apparent that is a Neon....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Regarding C. It cant really be called a neon, but since we all know it is, then its fine. Im on Neontuners.com and they have a section for SRT-4 so I guess tis all good. Not like it drives like a regular neon anyway.

posted by  newyorker

Same frame and body as the Neon....The Neon can even upgrade to the SRT Appearance package.

Most people will say that the SRT-4 is an individual car, due to the engine, suspension, and drivetrain. Yeah, that would make it largely different, especially since it is a wholly different type of tuning done to it, and that is usually why there are separate forums dedicated to it. :thumbs:

posted by  dodgerforlife

We can just pretend :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

I dont care what their webpage says, IT'S A NEON, just like the CIVIC Si, IS A CIVIC. The SAME principle, same chassis/body; just basically a new engine/tranny and suspension. The SRT-4 is NOT a separate car whole new car. It's part of the Neon lineup, it's the cream of the crop Neon, the highest performing Neon; that's the bottom line. Just because Dodge.com trys to pull off "it's an SRT-4, no Neon" doesn't mean it's not a Neon...and you'd have to be REALLY gullible to believe that. Like I said, it's uses the EXACT same chassis and body (with a body kit, the same body kit you can get on a Neon SXT), therefore it's still the same car, just a trim level above the rest, like the Civic Si. Heck even at the dealers they have the SRT-4 Neon alongside other Neons...They even call it "the SRT-4 Neon" at every dealership I've been too.

I just went to dodge.com and while they list the SRT-4 separatley from the Neon category, they have a picture the flashes up with the SRT-4 sitting next to a base Neon... :laughing:

You couldn't be more wrong about 'A'. There are MANY SRT-8 vehicles, hence why I said...

Here's the list of JUST the SRT-8 vehicles, there are a total of 11 SRT badged vehicles CURRENTLY, 4 of them are SRT-8...
Magnum SRT-8
Grand Cherokee SRT-8
Charger SRT-8
300C SRT-8

B. I know DODGE "offically" doesn't use it. But they even SAY it's a Neon at the dealership if you're interested in one. And anyone who looks at the "Srt-4" then a "neon" easily notices they are the same vehicle just tuned differently. So what's wrong in calling it what it truely is (like ALL TEN other SRT badged vehicles...). Which is a Dodge Neon SRT-4. SRT-4 is just a trim level :wink2:

BTW - it seems you need to catch-up on your SRT vehicles, I'll help...

http://www.drivesrt.com/en/srt_vehicles.html

There's all 11.

I disagree, most people WON'T say it's an individual car. They say it's missing the "Neon" name, since it's EXACTLY the same concept of the Civic Si compared to the Civic DX/LX/EX coupe (at least Honda stayed consistent with their Si moniker...keeping the name of the vehicle they modded). Anyone who believes the "SRT-4" is its own separate car IS REALLY in denial.

For the first part of the 2005 lineup, it was only one.

MOST of that list is due for 2006. I was referring to the SRT vehicles available for 2005.

"offically"? what in the blue hell are you blabbering about with those quotation marks. They do not use it, there is no gray area. I've never had a sales rep tell me it's a Neon/SX, they tell me it was based off the Neon/SX platform. And no shit it's easily noticable, I even said that. But look at the car, do you see any Neon/SX badging on it? N-O. The Civic Si will have the Civic badging, because it is truly called the Civic Si, whereas the SRT-4 is NOT called the NEON/SX SRT-4, so it does NOT have the NEON/SX badging. I don't even want to hear about how "it's just a badge", I know it is. The point I am trying to get across is that it is not truly a Neon/SX, it is the SRT-4.

Maybe you should take a closer look at that link you provided - It explicity says "Dodge SRT-4", not the "Dodge Neon SRT-4". Furthermore, with the exception of the Ram SRT-10 and the SRT-4, all the other SRT engines are simply bored out versions of what the standard packages have. The Ram SRT-10 got the bored out Viper engine, and the SRT-4 got a 2.4L DOHC turbocharged 4cylinder engine. I think that engine alone kind of sets it apart from the Neon....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hmm, strange, most people I talk to call it the SRT-4, not a Neon. Never heard someone whine and bitch that it was missing the "Neon" name.

Look at the damn specs of the car, and tell me how the hell it is a Neon. 2nd gen Neons largely came with a 132hp 2.0L SOHC 4cyl. SRT-4....well, I already mentioned that one in the other post. 2nd gen Neons came with stock suspension. SRT-4...Tokico tuned sport suspension. 2nd gen Neons came with standard buckets and standard interior...SRT-4...Viper race buckets, interior more built for the sport side. 2nd gen Neons come with a very muffled single outlet exhaust....SRT-4....mufferless, resonated dual outs. The list goes on and on.

How much of a change is the Si to sayyyy the LX? A bored out DOHC engine, and slightly upgraded suspension. No wonder they kept the Civic name. No real big ****ing differences.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well there not that great cause Dodge isnt making them anymore...but there making that caliber thing in its place...but at least that doesnt have the NEON name in it

posted by  IwantaSti

And the only thing different between a Neon and a Srt 4 is the turbo...and suspension and some other stuff other than that its a NEON

posted by  IwantaSti

Well, that's a silly bit of logic. Ford doens't make the SVT Contour anymore, nor do they make the BOSS 302 Mustang. Those cars must not have been that great. The Porsche 928 and 944 must be bad because Porsche doesn't make them anymore. And who would want a Ferrari F355, as Ferrari themselves thought they needed to be replaced...

posted by  ChrisV

About 'A'. Nice way to DODGE out of that one, but it didnt make you look any smarter :laughing: You never mentioned anything about 2005 models, but okay, I'll play along. BTW - It's the 2006 model year NOW, and it has been, for a good solid month or two. So stop living in the past. You can get every SRT8 vehicle I listed for a few months now...

By offically, I mean just what offically means, go look it up. Dodge (As a brand) does not call it a "Neon" but just "SRT-4" (like I said). But that doesnt change the fact EVERY dealer I've gone too (probably 6-7 Mopar dealers), at ALL of them the Neon SRT-4 was sitting next to a bunch of Neon SXT's and such. And when I asked about the SRT-4 they all promptly kept saying "the NEon SRT-4", "yeah it's basically a trim level of the Neon, still the same car just a hot rod version". I AGREE with you, it's not a separate car (obviously), but it IS a trim level (in all of Dodge's "no it isnt'"ness) of the base Neon and Neon SXT, JUST like the Civic Si is a trim level of the Civic LX/EX coupe. I don't care what Dodge wants people to think, it's just like ALL OTHER SRT vehicles, whether or not it uses the name of the car i nit or not, they just FORGOT to use it for some odd reason.

I dont even know why you blabbered on with the second paragraph. IT's all whatg I SAID... I said "it's the only SRT badged vehicle that doesnt have the name of the vehicle it's based off of".

And no, the enigne doesn't "Set it apart" from the Neon. BECAUSE IT'S STILL BASED OFF THE NEON AND HAS THE NEAR SAME BODY. IF the engine sets it apart from the Neon then the Civic Si, is set apart from the Civic (As it uses a whole new unrelated engine and tranny)! You make no sense! You're just as inconsistent as Mopar was in naming the SRT vehicles, but wors ein fact is you almost try and make yourself believe it's "set apart from the Neon".

I've come to this conclusion, every Neon owner (or some Mopar fanatics) is in some sort of denial because the SRT4 isn't "labeled" as a Neon it is "A whole new car, maybe". Man, people can be delusional and believe anything they hear.

Jeebus you are one person in EXTREME DENIAL. And can't even use facts to support your cause.

You live in Canada and I live in the south (of the U.S. obviously). So probably people AMY say different things, but EVERY SINGLE non DODGE/NEON-Loyalist call it a "Neon SRT4" - because it is what it is, a TRIM LEVEL of the Neon.

Who cares what the specs are? You could use that FOR ANY car. "Oh the MAgnum SRT-8 has 425hp, a different suspension, tranny, exhaust and wheels from the Magnum SX with 190hp; IT'S a DIFFERENT CAR!" <- that's your dumbass logic.

The Civic Si does the SAME THING from the Civic the Neon SRT-4 does form the Neon. You obviously don't have a aclue as to what is in the Civic Si.

First off, the Civic DX/LX/EX all share the same R18 1.8L SOHC i-VTEC 16v series engine with 140hp (150+hp on old SAE). The Civic Si uses a COMPLETELY different engine (absolutely NOTHING related to the R series engine), it's not a "bored out version" of the Civic engine...not at all. It's engine is the K20Z3 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC 16v with 197hp (really dyno tested at 220-225hp). The Civic Si, like the Neon SRT-4 still share the same chassis, and same body (with different skirts) with the Civic or Neon (in case of the Neon SRT4). The Civic Si, like the Neon SRT-4, has different seats, and a overall a slightly different interior than the base Civic (like the Neon SRT4). IT uses a COMPLETELY different 6spd tranny not even offered on the base Civics (like the Neon SRT4, only 5spd in that case). The whole suspension has been changed out for stiffer springs/shocks all around, not to mention fatter sway bars/strut bars (wow, just like the SRT4). Oh no, different wheels you say? Yup, bigger on the Civic Si with performance tires from the Civic (oh wow, you mean just like the Neon SRT-4 is from the Neon?). oh dont forget exhaust, same thing goes o nthe Civic Si, bigger exhaust all the way through on the Si from the base Civic (no thunderbird, you just didnt point out ANOTHER similarity between the Neon SRT4 and Civic Si!!!).

So in essence the Neon SRT4 is no farther from the Neon than the Civic Si is from the Civic. As they share the SAME differences, but are built on the EXACT same platforms, and use roughly the SAME bodies (but again, with new skirts, and possibly a hood scoop). So, enough of your wrong facts about that, since I just ended that nonsense.

the one thing i'm interested in is the dyno test of a civic si of around 220hp. (can ya pm me the link so ya dont get in trouble for advertising?)

i thought the new SAE was supposed to make everything comparable, not make it so you have to add 5-10% to whoever uses it to get the "real" hp...

posted by  pik_d

The new SAE standard is OPTIONAL, and it DOES make use of added things to be dynoed which take away power if the engine is kept the same (in most cases 4-5%). Only Honda and Toyota (and I think Porsche) have FULLY adopted the new SAE standard, other companies like GM have adopted it on SOME vehicles, other companies aren't even bothering with it (like Nissan). To me it's vital they make this thing a TRUE MANDATORY standard so people dont get confused, because they are comparing more true power numbers (under the new SAE standard) agianst more artifical numbers (old SAE standard).

Glad to show you a dyno, VTEC.net did a dynapack of the Si and got...
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=403644

That shows they got 198 hub hp (a dynapack measures horsepower like a dynojet, only it measures it at the wheel HUBS of the vehicle so there isn't a wheel/tire loss) on a non cooled down run (unlike most dyno pulls). Then on a cooled down run they got 204 hub horsepower, and with the airbox removed 209 hub horsepower. These are all completely stock 2006 Civic Si "except the last one as they REMOVED the air box cover".

They go on to say on the EXACT same dyno a rated "210hp" RSX-S put down exactly 190 hub horsepower on a cooled down run. So the Si is putting down 14 more hub horsepower than that (which EASILY puts it in the range of 220-225hp.

Also note this was an UN-BROKEN in Si, so that takes away power. They later go on to say they tested a broken in Si with a few thousand miles on it and got 218 hub horsepower with the airbox cover removed (so add a good 7-8 hub horsepower to that cooled down run on the original)...now you really are in the 230hp range quite easily, but I still stay conservative on what I say just because for whatever reason I'm called "honda biased" when even reporting the clear facts. because some people just cannot accept the fact a Honda puts down a lot more than rated power...

No, it is merely stricter, and requires an independant observer. It doesn't change what's on the engine to be measured. But the conditions need to be more tightly controlled, and easier to reproduce. Some engines got rated lower, some got rated higher.

Yes, it's voluntary, but if you advertise as meeting SAE standards, then it's mandatory.

posted by  ChrisV

I thought we are talking about the srt4 not the civic si

posted by  IwantaSti

We were, I was just showing how dumb the logic is by anyone who believes the SRT4 is a separate car from the Neon is just retarded. Dodger even brought up this...

Which is just asking to get picked apart with all that misinformation. Since the Civic Si and SRT4 use the near SAME differences from their more base brethern. Which was explained to dodger.

Except he's right. The SRT-4 is considered a separate model in the Dodge lineup. Moreso than the Integra Type R was. It was intended to be the first "normal" production car from the Chrysler Performance Vehicle group. While it was built from a Neon, it's not called a Neon, nor is it listed as an optional trim group for the Neon (the way the SVT Contour was considered a top trim option for the Contour, though it was much the same thing).

It's the way Dodge wants to call it, and you saying it was based on a Neon isn't going to change that.

posted by  ChrisV

its a pretty good looking car fast and not pricey

http://www.fivestarplatinumtrading.com/images/symboliclogo.jpg
Symbolic Sport (http://www.SymbolicSport.com)

posted by  SymbolicSport

That's what I've been saying this entire time!

I KNOW Dodge offically doesn't call it a Neon, and I know (since obviously it's not a Neon according to Dodge) Dodge doesnt recognize it AS a trim level of the Neon. I'm calling it WHAT it is, which is just what the Civic Si is to the Civic. I see no wrong in that. I don't care what the company wants to call it, if EVEN the dealers and 99% of people say it's a Neon (As it's based off the Neon chassis/body), then it's a Neon in essence, just a trim level of the Neon (but like I said, DODGE doesnt recognize this). But anyway, enough of the name game, It isn't even in production anymore... Time to see what they call the Caliber.

Oh and Chris, I've searched for a while and to my understanding I've seen a few people post that on the new optional SAE standard EVERYTHING driven by a belt is tested, and a few said they didn't test the power steering unit before, and do now on this standard. I still cant dig up 100% true facts though, I've treid, just searched around on other forums.

No, you've been saying that arguing that it's not called a Neon is retarded, when in fact it's accurate.

The issue is that they were SUPPOSED to test the engies with everything on them in the OLD standard, but there was some ambiguity and no real certification process. The new standard is not really a change in what's measured, but in verifying that manufacturers are doing it like they are supposed to. I linked you to it, but you didn't read it correctly, as you were looking for an answer that doesn't exist. There is no new testing method or new accessory requirments. Only requirements that they follow the OLD standard, with an independant witness, in order to be considered certified.

posted by  ChrisV

A. Ugh, still not what I meant.

B. Took care of in the other thread.

Whatever. And up here in Canada, no 2006 vehicles have hit the lots with only a few exceptions. They are all sitting in storage lots waiting to hit the lots. Maybe in the US they rush to get all the flashy and fancy new vehicles out onto the lots ASAP, but not up here in Canada.

Key words right there buddy - "...I've gone to..." - I can say the exact same damn thing about EVERY dealership I've gone to not calling it a Neon. Yes, they sit next to each other, but if you haven't noticed, the vehicles are lined up according to class. Trucks, SUVs, Cars, Vans. Happens that way at damn near every dealership. I'm sure the Civic Si sits next to Dx's on the lot, and Subaru Impreza Sti's sit next to Impreza 2.5i's, so on so forth. It's part of the upsell scheme. You walk in there, see the base model, a sales rep approaches you, and attempts the upsell to the "Sport" model of that vehicle.

Furthermore, I never said that Dodge vehemently denies that it isn't a Neon, they simply do not call it a Neon. I will concede that on the basic level, the SRT-4 and the Neon are the same. It's what the SRT team did to the SRT-4 that sets it apart.

Did you honestly read what I said? It isn't just the engine that sets it apart, it was built from the ground up, a complete tuning package. They didn't just drop in the turbocharged 2.4L DOHC 4 cylinder, they did the suspension, brakes, interior, exterior. I don't need to try to make myself believe that it is set apart - because it is.

Thanks for admitting it again tbird:

So, if it doesn't carry the Neon name, just what in the hell is it called, oh wait, the SRT-4.

A very biased opinion. Maybe you should broaden your horizons, and talk to more people. It's a very popular opinion that it is not the Neon. Even car magazines don't call it the Neon. We all recognize that it isn't a BRAND NEW car, but rather that it is a very modified(from the factory) Neon, without carrying the Neon name.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle. All you ever did was spew bullshit about how sales reps said it was the "Neon SRT-4", and how they were sitting side by side at the lot. I've used proven facts, paying particular attention to the buildup of the SRT-4.

Man, talk about taking it to the extreme with a huge hyperbole. Have you personally polled "EVERY SINGLE non DODGE/NEON Loyalist" to find out what the hell they think? That's right, just shut the hell up and talk about PROVEN facts.

Nope, considering the SRT-4 was completely worked over. The Magnum SRT-8 wasn't done up as extremely as the SRT-4. So much for my "dumbass logic".

I'm sorry I don't spend my life looking up the fine specs of cars that I really could care less about. The majority of the difference between the Si and the rest of the Civics is the engine and drivetrain. When you look at the bare specs on any site, they don't even mention the engine code. They just name the 1.8 SOHC vs the 2.0 DOHC. Sorry I'm not in love with Honda.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_full_specs.asp?ModelName =Civic+Coupe

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_full_specs.asp?ModelName =Civic+Si

Doesn't seem to really make note of huge differences. Maybe you'll see exactly what I was reading this time. When you look at the differences in Suspension and Braking....it's kind of minimal, all things considered. It's not like they completly chucked out what was in the other models and redid it.

So in essence, the Neon is still farther from the SRT-4 then the Civic Si is from the Civic. So, enough of your biased, opinionated, bullshit about it being the same damn car. I already granted you that the Civic Si is different, but it still carries the name, the SRT-4 does not carry the Neon name, so don't even start with that shit again.

posted by  dodgerforlife

t-bird, that link you posted requires a login. :banghead:

posted by  pik_d

Well, the SRT-4 and the Neon do use the same air conditioning knobs...

Of course I'm only kidding.

posted by  hondaman

Oh well its just a Neon with a turbo...im mean srt4

posted by  IwantaSti

Do we have to go there again? Are you even capable of learning anything? At least, can you stop being an insulting prick?

posted by  ChrisV

I was just trying to end it with a little bit of humor

posted by  IwantaSti

It may be a neon, but its a Neon with a punch to it.
P.S. where have you been I havent seen you post in quite a bit.

posted by  newyorker

And the STi is just a WRX with a turbo. Your point?

posted by  newyorker

Finals are coming up. I've been having to study quite a bit. :ohcrap:

Matter of fact, seeing as how I'm in class I should probably be paying attention instead of typing this. :laughing:

posted by  hondaman

I still reach my conclusion that just Mopar nuts and Neon fans dont call it a Neon, everyone else on this earth I know has called it a Neon or "hey that turbo Neon". I dont nee dot "broaden my horizons", trust me, I know people. And have read reviews.

I've also come to the conclusion things in Canada, just aren't done the same like they are here in America.

I told you why it doesnt set it apart from the SRT-4 in another post, and yes I fully understood and comrpehended your post, which if you ACTUALLY comprehended mine, you'd understand why you were wrong as to why it isn't any more set apart than the Civic Si is from the Civic, as they use the near same exact modifications from the base levels of the car.

Again, just because Dodge DOESNT want it called a Neon, doesnt mean, it isnt a Neon.

Oh please, how would YOU know what dealers and sales reps say down here, thousands of miles away. Oh yeah, that's right, YOU DONT :laughing: So much for lying, If I am lying, then you must be lying too. You even just said yourself they put the SRT-4 next to Neons up there too! Then you said that's a lie that they do. What is it Dodge? Come on, what is it? Dont pull a john Kerry "I voted for it before I voted Against it" move.

It's called sample statistics pleb, go take a Statistics class :wink2: OH, so I cant say what they are like (knowing every single one on here thinks that way and many people I know who are mopar nuts or neon nuts think that way too), but you have the "Facts" when your opinion is just the same as mine, again what "I'm right you're wrong" BS... :laughing:

Oh really? It wasn't "done up" as much as the Neon SRT-4 was from the Neon? I might just let someone else prove you wrong, AGAIN. Nope, I will...

Engine: Different in both
Tranny: different in both
Suspension: different in both
Body modifications:different in both
Wheels/tires: different in both
Interior: slightly different in both

Wow dodger, seems like it's the SAME CONCEPT TO ME! :laughing:

HAHAHA, so now you are trying to use your LACK OF KNOWLEDGE to prove you are right. Trustm, I know about every damn bit of difference from the Civic Si and Civic, and about the same goes for the Neon SRT-4 and the Neon. THEY DID BASICALLY THE SAME MODIFCATIONS, END OF STORY. I went over it once, read it back over and let it sink in. I can't believe you have the nerve to type "it's minimal and they didnt chuck out nearly as much as the SRT-4". What a load BS, just after I said the Si has new seats/different interior, different unrelated tranny (6spd vs. 5spd), all new unrelated engine (k20 vs. R18), different body, different brakes, all new suspension an LSD etc... What does the SRT-4 do from the Neon that the Civic Si doesn't do from the base Civic? A hood scoop? Oh yeah, that's a HUGE difference( :laughing: ). The point is, the SRT4 differs from the Neon in the same EXACT way nearly as the Civic Si differs from the Civic. End of story; you even said "I dont know what exactly they differ in", even AFTER I told you specifically they differ i nthe SAME WAYS. YOU just refuse to get the facts, not myself. Like I said, the "SRT4 is not a Neon" Dodge propaganda has hit you strong, and worked.

And in essence, you're completely WRONG, again. So wow, it all comes down to this again, since the SRT4 doesn't use the Neon badge, it is farther from the Neon than the Civic Si is from the Civic (knowing they do the same kind of modifcations)? Wow, just wow, that dumb thought of yours sums up your entire biased, dumbass view.

Just sign up for it, takes 5 seconds. You wont get any email (Except I think to confirm registration).

Actually the Wrx has a turbo...

posted by  IwantaSti

Some sites that you go to look for a SRT4 you have to look under neon to get to it..for example..http://autos.msn.com/default.aspx?src=autolink

posted by  IwantaSti

Fixed the statement. :thumbs:

Have you guys seen this video..http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=3b696093-9ebf-4907-a e86-c56648eb06ae

posted by  IwantaSti

Sorry about that.

posted by  newyorker

And if you go to www.dodge.com its listed alone. Youre still arguing because? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Well of course at the dodge site there going to have it listed apart from the neon

posted by  IwantaSti

Yes. Because the actual manufacturer has absolutely no affect on the actual name of the car. MSN Autos is a much more reliable source. (Sense my sarcasm?). You just look at where its more comfortable for you to find the answer you want, and I go straight to the source. Please stop being so stubborn. I even admitted that its basically a "Big Brother" Neon, but you have to resume the argument. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Ok im not going to argue anymore

posted by  IwantaSti

Thank you. :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

Isnt the car that is replacing the srt4.....a caliber or something

posted by  IwantaSti

I think I heard that before. Il look into it. SRT-4 is really nice though you gotta admit it. I will say that it basically is a Neon becuase the interior is the same except for the seats, shifter, and the PSI boost guage in the center of the dash. Whats that guage called? Does it have a proper name like a Speed guage is a Speedometer etc. etc.

posted by  newyorker

What gauge?

posted by  IwantaSti

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-18001-395542-137 47/Dodge%20Caliber%20001.jpg
http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2005/n05/salon/800/68.jpg
Am I the only one that thinks it looks more like a Vibe? It should be the RAV-4 of Dodge, but definately not the SRT-4 replacement. Also why does the interior have to be so plain and boring?

posted by  newyorker

The guage that shows the ammount of Boost being given. The one thats like

......-20..............20....
.......... -10....10.........
................ 0.............

I love how I jsut made that by hand.

posted by  newyorker

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/5431/int12ht.jpg
Or is this the interior? Google is messed up.

posted by  newyorker

It's supposed to look somewhat like the Vibe/Matrix. That's what Dodge said it is competiting againt with the Caliber. But also in turn replace the Neon.

Aren't all Dodge interiors plain and boring? :laughing:

You do know that this is a Chevy interior right? (Or at least according to the steering wheel) :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Viper?

posted by  newyorker

Didnt pay attention to that at first. Ma bad :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I think that's Dodge that gets the most complaints for having the most boring and cheap interior :laughing:

http://euro.porosky.com/euro/cars/2002_dodge_viper_rt10-9.jpg

Real exciting, havent seen more black cheap plastic in my life :orglaugh:

Just for comparison here's the interior of a $50k+ cheaper TSX.

http://www.engine-power.com/img/specs/acura_tsx_07.jpg

Not saying Viper owners really care about how the interior looks, just saying it's nothing exciting.

Ain't that video the truth.

posted by  Pythias

I hope you realize that the video must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yes but the Viper is targeted at performance. Only people around here that drive TSXs are old farts that love the fake woodgrain and needless nav system, when they know the whole city.

posted by  newyorker

I've actually never met an owner over 42 that drove a TSX, even seen many of them beat up on BMW 3 series on the TV (SCCA Speed World Challenge). The TSX is one of the best sports luxury cars out there, the only car I believe is really all that better is the BMW 3 series, which does cost substanially more. And while I'm sure it might be faux wood trim, im not 100% sure it isn't real. Sure pulls off one hell of a good wood look.

I know, I was jus tsaying since someone said "What about the Vipers interior", I was pointing out it's still just as boring as the rest of Dodge's lineup for the most part.

Yes ive seen it. Comparing a 4 cylinder with an SVT Cobra mustang doesnt prove much. Youre just wasting your time here, and will be banned soon enough. Also its probbably some loser that made that video.
Guy 1: Yea My SVT Cobra beat an SRT-4 todau
Guy 2: No shit noodle you got almost 2 times more power
Just leave the forum and do everyone a favor, including yourself. Youve proven to be an ass already.

posted by  newyorker

Your a f*ckin idiot, unless I am wrong he is mroe so referring to the ENORMOUS amount of SRT-4 forums of kids talking about Mustang Cobra's especially from 03' (which are supercharged in case you didn't know that peanut) and how they are not all they cracked up to be, or how "my stock SRT-4 wasted an 03' Cobra today they are nothing" And don't tell me there are a small number of people believeing that because I have seen numerous forums where they talk all kidns of crap about Mustang Cobra's and GT's. You of course being a Neon owner would like to defend these ignorant fools but instead all you want to do is attack the guy who pointed it out? Real smart peanut. And you should be one to talk about being banned, how many times has it been now? 2? Or did you just switch to the 3rd screen name cause people figured you out? If ANYONE should be banned it should be you. So Stfu. :fu:

posted by  Pythias

And youre doing the same thing with the Mustang as those kids do with the SRT-4. Get a life. That video was just plain dumb. If someone made one with the Ferrari making fun of the Mustang, youd be mad. Its an uneven matchup just like the SRT-4 and the Mustang.

posted by  newyorker

Lol, no I definitely wouldn't.... and I'm doing the same thing with the Mustang? How so? I don't run around saying ti can beat ferrari's do I? Or any kind of 4cyclinder out there? Find one post where I have stated that? You can't because I haven't. While these SRT-4 kids have blantly done this with the Mustangs. I guess maybe they like trying to make fun of Mustangs because they can defeat them in a race I don't really know nor care. Uneven yes... but these kids aren't MAD because they can't beat them they go around and say they can... your so stupid man... lol :laughing: Btw the video was funny because it made fun of somethin that some of these SRT-4 kids do.

posted by  Pythias

Lol, you ought to see some of the college girls around here that drive those. I don't think anyone is calling them old farts. :hi:

posted by  hondaman

You mean a Boost Gauge? :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

posted by  x1/9-rally

I just put that video on there cause i thought it was funny...I hate srt4 and mustangs..

posted by  IwantaSti

And im not one of these SRT-4 kids, so why are you putting this label on me? I dont even have an SRT-4 to begin with.

posted by  newyorker

Thought it had some more technical name.

posted by  newyorker

I've seen an SRT-4 pull a 13.8, obviously they take the best time ever ran for the SRT but the same goes for the cobalt, they probably can't run under 15.

posted by  johnfilice

Im sure the SS with a few boltons can pull 15 if not lower. The car itself is dead gorgeous. Love the wheels and tails on it. Matter of fact just about everything on the car appeals to me.

posted by  newyorker

hah. i'm sure that car can pull mid 14s. infact that's right where car & driver and motor trend have it. ;) both have it posting 14.4s @ 100mph. then again... motor trend has an srt-4 posting the same exact time (@ 99mph)... so there is a possibility that it can do 14.0 with a better driver.

and from what i've heard the cobalt SS 205hp/200tq is underrated. :wink2:

posted by  pik_d

They are both great cars. Too bad this is the last year for the SRT-4 and the neon.

posted by  newyorker

it's the last year for the neon, but not the srt-4. havn't ya heard of the caliber?

it doesnt have an srt-4 version yet, but it's supposed to soon. and it's available in AWD. :hi:

posted by  pik_d

But the SRT-4 and Neon bodystyle is gone. It will never be the same. :evil:

posted by  newyorker

it's honestly not the end of the world. :wink2:

sure, the calibur doesnt seem to really be a direct replacement for the neon, but i'm sure it'll grow on ya...

posted by  pik_d

As much as I love Dodge......I have to say that the Caliber is a pile...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Looks like a cross of a Vibe and rav. Kinda like a "I wana be a sports car but I look like a mini SUV" :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

No SH*T You F*cking idiot! But you were defending them and I responded to it! My GOD you miss the point of EVERYTHING it's a wonder you can even drive... then again with 2 wrecks already on your license at the age you are...

posted by  Pythias

Yea..you would get defensive if someone trashed on a mustang...like that dude with the SE-R limited 2000 eddition. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Fixed it for you :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

I thought that one was an SE-R...o well still as bad.

posted by  newyorker

Depends what they were saying about it whether it was factual or not, btw you idiot I saw that video before the guy posted it, I thought it was hilarious, the guy's so dumb :laughing: . So tell me why would I get defensive about a total idiot? Anyone with common sense knows he's one in a million lol. Very smart assumption I must say :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

Well it may be a fact that the SRT-4 boys are dicks, but that doesnt make the SRT-4 a rice car.

posted by  newyorker

Please find where I called the SRT-4 a rice car? Oh, what's that? You can't because I didn't?

I was referring to the owner's in my posts. As for the car itself I respect the power it get's for the price, by far not bad. But as for reliability it is not great.

posted by  Pythias

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=2C3AC116-009C-49FC-B0A0-F0E C121EBE3D&t=top&p=1
Just a cool video.

posted by  newyorker

But you bash it because its "Still a neon"

posted by  newyorker

Wow you jsut like arguing don't you, you fool? You try to call me out on one-thing then I disprove it, you look and see I didn't say ti and try to find something else I said to argue with? Your like a 4 year old can't admit when you are simply WRONG which you have been in these preceding posts have you not? :screwy: But to answer your question yes they are still a neon and not incredibly reliable, I have known some people to own SRT-4's, not many, but enough in my mind to make an opinion about their reliability. I don't know how far the bashing really goes :screwy: Did I not just say i respected the power for the price? :screwy: Do you simply read what you want to read or what? I have heard of selective hearing but selective reading this is a new one. :sleep: But then again what can be expected from somone of your intelligence level? :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

he's right... there's really no need to lash out at him when he's simply pointing out that historically neons are not the most reliable of cars (my mothers car was a perfect example). the srt-4, being based on the neon, surely cannot have completely removed itself from that...

posted by  pik_d

I understand now. :)

posted by  Pythias

no no. i'm telling newyorker there's no need to lash out at you... i was quoting him to show i was talking to him. so the "he" is infact you. :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

Oh I thought that at first but got confused lol sry. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

no problem... atleast you kept your head on your shoulders. :smoke:

posted by  pik_d

Ok so its not reliable. I dont feel like arguing anymore my fingers hurt

posted by  newyorker

Welllllll I drive an SX 2.0...same thing, no problems yet, buddy has a 95 DOHC, no problems....coworker had the 96 SOHC, no problems....lots of owners from other Neon forums, no problems.

There will always be issues, whether due to factory defect, or simple wear and tear, or shitbagging it, or due to lack of proper general maintenance. And yes, there will always be a lemon vehicle in a batch. It doesn't matter if it is a Neon, or a Sunalier, or a Civic. All of them will have problems.

Now, as for the SRT-4, which I have admitted is based on the Neon, only really shares the body styling and chassis. The rest of it is...well, different. I haven't really seen reliability issues with it yet...give them a few more years, and then we might have a better idea...

PS - Pik_d - I only quoted your post because it was the shortest to quote :thumbs:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Ive also heard of people not having problems with them, and people having them, just like with any other car.

posted by  newyorker

heh, I said practically the same thing ;)

posted by  dodgerforlife

I know... :banghead: I really gota stop post-whoring :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

True, I guess for any car, although in my opinion I have heard of the 90's Neon's having more problems than the average car should, just my :2cents:

EDIT:

Are you post-whoring or failing to understand the posts? :tard:

posted by  Pythias

A little bit of both :doh:

posted by  newyorker

srt4 = neon

no way around it dudes

posted by  shaka zulu

They definetly have potential, there's one running around my town with 500+ hp

posted by  TurboLag

Lucky dog you

posted by  newyorker

No they dont. They ask magazines to refer to it only as the SRT-4. Also, on Dodge.com its listed as a different car, under Neon, where no other SRTs are named.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Most people realize that, but its not named the Neon SRT-4, on the official site, nor the magazines. Its a dead-end argument, because we are right to say its a neon, but we are right to say its not. :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

what i mean, is that its nice and all, but it still is just a neon underneath all the upgrades. Dodge calls it a srt4, but thats just the engine isnt it? Such as the viper, they call it a srt10 viper, it should be the same way with the srt4 neon. :2cents:

posted by  shaka zulu

no, it's not just the engine... why not read through this WHOLE BIG LONG THREAD before adding your worthless two cents.

if you had read it, then you'd have learned that infact, a lot of the car was changed. a thread doesnt get to be 9 pages long by not having any facts...

posted by  pik_d

lol ive seen plenty of threads devoide of facts and 10 pages long ^_-

posted by  Aondor

yea, but this one has ATLEAST one full page of facts out of the 9... :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

i said, 'all the upgrades', you stupid shit. Obviously its more than just the engine; a friend of mine has an srt4, and we argue about how its just a neon, so the shit that spits out of your infidel mouth means less than nothing. Okay, so they changed the body kit, added a hood scoop, changed the engine, transmission and the suspension, who cares. O WAIT THEY ADDED BUCKET SEATS!!! Its still a neon thats been modifed, just like a civic si. If i take my cousins wrx, put in a evo engine in it, change the transmission and the body kit, im not going to call it a 4g63. kthx

posted by  shaka zulu

YOU ****ING IDIOT. If you HAD READ THE THREAD, you would know that we had already STATED that.

But we also went on to discuss marketing on behalf of Dodge, and how it truly is not a "Neon".

posted by  dodgerforlife

ok, well in that case, how does srt-4 mean "just the engine"?

hm, let's look at it... "street and racing technology". yea... that ALL boils down to "just the engine".

the engine itself is the A853 engine. not an "SRT4" engine. get your own facts straight before goin after someone else. :laughing:

EDIT: or ya know... what dodgerforlife said... :clap:

posted by  pik_d

so if it not a neon, what is it? Does dodge not use the exact same frame and chassis for it. Dont they just take the basic design for the neon, and modify it. I see that your saying that dodge calls it a srt8, and not a neon, but WHAT is it. Disprove the whole civic si issue first. I guess it goes either way, since other companies do the same shit. Impreza, wrx, sti. Same basic concept. The sti is STILL a wrx, as it is also an IMPREZA.

posted by  shaka zulu

what civic issue? they call it a civic si, we see a civic si... that lines up perfectly so there is no issue.

what i'm saying is that we CALL it an srt-4, but yet there is no reason to deny its neon roots.

here, since you have trouble comprehending english, let's break down the sentence at hand. "it is not a neon, it is an srt-4"

what that literally means is this:

"it is not [called] a neon, it is [called] an srt-4"

when you say "something is something", and one the left side you have a pronoun, and on the right side, you have a proper noun, what that means is that "something is called something".

you're just making up arguments that arent even there.

posted by  pik_d

wow its rediculous how some idiot thinks hes smart...

ok, so your saying its a neon, than has been changed into something else. Similiar to the lancer and then the evolution. The difference is that the evo, IS A MODIFIED LANCER. So therein it calls itseld a lancer. Dodge however does not call it a neon; there trying to get away from that name, which is usually thought of as a slow car. The point is that it IS a modified neon, and does not "just have neon roots"; it is a neon. Wow your rediculously stupid.

and if my typing is bad, its because im on a laptop and its hard to type.

posted by  shaka zulu

please explain to me how "roots" means "not just modified, but completely different"

let me present things to you as SIMPLE as i can...

here is my argument:

"it is not [called] a neon, it is [called] an srt-4"

here is my second argument:

you're just making up arguments that arent even there.

you wanna prove me wrong in something? go for it... that's all i've put forth as my argument.

posted by  pik_d

well here is my argument

It is not a completly different car, that deserves a different name. Its a trim of a neon.

We could argue all day on this, but ok, its called an srt4. When i see the car, its a neon. Whos right then

posted by  shaka zulu

Man, why the hell do you not just read the whole thread. You are beating a dead horse, bringing up points that have already been discussed.

You can call it a bloody Neon all ****ing day long for all I care, but it still is not a Neon - it is the SRT-4. The SRT-4 does not equal Neon.

posted by  dodgerforlife

ahh, so you're not speaking in terms of absolutisms... that's the problem. wether or not it "deserves" something is entirely opinionated unless ofcourse there is a big book of rules of how cars are named. unfortunately there is no such thing.

sure, if ya see and call it a neon, fine. but when it speeds off twice as quick as a normal neon, you'll know it's different. i'm not sure if there are any other srt cars that are almost twice as fast as their non-srt counterparts. :wink2:

but yea, them calling it an SRT4 not only leaves questions of their sanity, but it also leaves little room for any other 4 cylinder dodge cars to also hold the SRT name.

posted by  pik_d

We arent stupid here. We have kept up 9 pages of valid arguments and facts about both cars, until you came along and started being a turd. How dense can you get? If its called the SRT-4 its an SRT-4 and not a neon. The Viper SRT-10 is being brought to the UK. 15 cars. And the viper names, and tags are taken off, and its known as the SRT-10. Get over yourself. Its like a neon, but its not. :banghead: :fu:

posted by  newyorker

Thats kinda different though. We are arguing about how two similar car's off the same chassis n body n all are called different things because of performance for the most part, and the other upgrades and differences

Where as the Viper SRT-10 as we know it here is being put out in a different company but with a different name.

Those two cars will most assuredly be about identical.

Where as the Neon and SRT-4 still have many differences.

posted by  Pythias

I see what you mean, but it just pisses me off when someone like shaka_zulu comes along and starts just talking crap about a topic he knows little-nothing about.
The neon is the neon, and the SRT-4, but they wear different names. The guages are the same yes, but still its not called a neon. However one thing that makes it kinda obvious that the SRT-4 is a neon is that both cars are being taken off of the Dodge production line at the end of the year. Its like pissing in the wind arguing about it.

posted by  newyorker

The Cobalt has Hummer H3 gauges, it must be a Hummer :orglaugh:

posted by  PontiacFan27

:banghead: I really gota do a little more research before pulling these things out of my ass :banghead:. I guess I meant to say that the interior is basically the same except for the boost guage.

posted by  newyorker

Your Message