Let the Muscle Car Wars Begin!!!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Let the Muscle Car Wars Begin!!!

It has come to my attention that Dodge will be re-introducing the Charger in '06. I consider this awesome news.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0403/15/c01-87422.htm

This is in conjunction with the Mustang taking a commanding step with the un-veiling of the reborn design with modern technology. There now is also the GTO, however much a disappointment it may be, but I am confident improvements will be made. Looking into the future some, we see the Camaro/Firebird re-emerging in '07 from what all the reports say. This truely looks to be an exciting time to be a fan of cubic inches!!!!

To Recap:
- '05 and up Ford Mustangs (to include possiable mods such as the Mach, Boss, GT-350/500, Bullitt, and Cobra.

- '04 Pontiac GTO (will have to wait and see what GM does with this design)

- '06 Dodge Charger (hoping to see an R/T version)

- '07 Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am (nothing set in stone, but a lot of talk)

- Redisgn of Shelby Cobra and Ford GT!!!

- And the American Icon The Corvette!!!

I want to know who you all think will reign king of the Muscle Cars in the near future. This could/should get to be a good heated debate, just please be respectful. If you come in talking about imports, be prepared to be JUMPED!!! LOL j/k

posted by  USAF-Sergeant

Add this tip to the one I gave you earlier. Start spelling Camaro correctly or expect to be severly flamed.

Oh yeah, describe the ultimate muscle car in three words. Hemi Road Runner.

http://members.aol.com/theplymouthworks/images/cars/Runner/rr_angle.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

:thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Now if they'd just comeback out with the motors to compliment these cars. GM can bring back out the L88, dodge can bring back the 426 hemi, ford could produce the 427 cammer (yeah right) or at least the 429 SCJ.

Imagine the power those things would be tipping with a little bit of technology. The cammer already made near 700 hp, the L88 about 600-650, and the hemi was in the same range. Add FI, a tuned intake, good exhaust, better head design and you're pushing 1000 HP with the torque to match it.

I can keep dreaming. . .

Justin

posted by  Hoxviii

your link dident work for me

posted by  Car Guy

yeah Sarge your link took a dump...

and the Charger would be a good resurrection...if it looks good. for now i'll have to go with the Goat. 'cuz i'll always be a Goat fan forever.

posted by  SuperJew

No fear guys... I will have it back working in no-time.

posted by  USAF-Sergeant

Ok Try it now. http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0403/15/c01-87422.htm

posted by  USAF-Sergeant

there we go... :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

I thought this was lectroid since he uses the same avatar... :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yeah.. I stole his avatar. Bad Sergeant!!!! LOL

posted by  USAF-Sergeant

my personal favorite four... 1. '69 stingray vette in black, 2. Shelby Mustang GT500, and no, not just because of the film.. 3, 426 Hemi-head road runner convertable and last but not least 4. Z06 vette. as for who will be king, i think the shelby cobra GT is in with a good chance of it...

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Hell Yeah VW, but the 71 is my favorite. I would like to humbly point out just one more time that whoever made the poll for the best musclecar that includes both the Camaro and Mustang should note that neither is technically a musclecar but in fact a Pony Car. Also what makes the Pontiac TA and F-Bird go in the same category as the Chevyrolet Camaro I don't know. . . However I will cast my vote for none of the above because if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Meaning any attempt to remake a classic such as these are is blasphemy. :banghead:

posted by  72Cutlass442

STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT DARNIT!!! You're giving me a hard-on.

posted by  72Cutlass442

I know where there's a black '69 440 4 speed roadrunner not more than 3 miles from my house that's been parked ina garage for 20 years, but the old man refuses to sell it.

talk about
8========================================================================== =========================================================================>< br />
Justin

posted by  Hoxviii

the old man has an enormous wang? :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

I used to have a Camaro (though it was an anemic 1984 V6 with a 5 speed), I loved the look of that car. I did have rides in other Camaros from a 1970 one to a 1987 with the Camaro version of the Corvette L98, which sold me on a V-8 car again (hence my current toy is my 1990 Vette).

LS1 equipped Camaros and Firebirds(known as F-Bodies) are very quick cars from conversations I had with Corvette owners that have those as well.

I feel that with the experience GM has, if they really bring the cars back, it will be interesting. GM just hates to loose to Ford and that is not just some redneck customers talking, that goes all the way to the top at GM!

I will be surprised to see that happen. They will have to repackage the car completely to get volume up. For instance when I bought my Camaro back in 1984, Chevy produced over 257,000 Camaros. When the Ste. Therese plant in Quebec, Canada (the last plant to produce F Bodies) I think production for Camaros was a measily 20,000 or somewhere near that.

The cost had ballooned (my 1984 Camaro with similar options was the same price as Chevy Lumina 4 dr. sedan) to over $37,000 Canadian for a WS6 or Camaro SS and the insurance industry killed it for kids to buy up here anyway.

I guess only time will tell. With Corvettes getting very expensive, there is nothing in GM's stable save the Pontiac GTO that could be considered a budget muscle car. (I don't know what the new GTO's go for, they are not available for sale in Canada as far as I know, just the USA).

Regards,

90BlackBeast

posted by  90BlackBeast

Ford has to redesign the Torino.

:screwy:

posted by  72Torino

I cannot wait for the charger in 2006 it's gonna be one bad mother. I gotta go with the new stang on this one though....And for the record, the new GTO is a piece of garbage...why would GM get rid of the Firebird and Camaro to replace it with this piece of shit ? :banghead: All they did was took an australian production car and threw an LS1 V-8 in it. Big frickin deal.

posted by  1997expresso

I'll bet some were thinking the same thing about the GTO a few years back... :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Bah your opinion. I happen to like the new GTO

posted by  Voda48

HEHE, I should have read more, I thought we were talkin about classic muscle here or I wouldn't have opted for the GTO

posted by  BYOB-EPIPHANY

personally i think they should stop trying to bring back muscle cars of the later years because they are making them look like some ugly piece of s41t the only decient come back is the 2005 ford mustang
i mean how are you going to drop a LS1 into a grand prix make it all whell drive then call it the next gto :cussing: or even the revivel of the charger look at it its a dodge stratus basicly when i first voted on this poll i thought we were talking about the real thing not some cheap remake

posted by  chevyluv

04 Mustang - It looks good from the front, ugly rearend. However there will be lots of aftermarket parts for it so IMHO it will be a hard nut to crack

04 GTO - Sorry Potiac killed that tiger 40 yrs ago this is not a Goat. Almost everything I have read on it has said it had potential but does not live up to the GTO Rep

06 Charger - My guess is it'll be built off the Crossfire/Mercades SL platform
We'll have to wait and see on that one.

the C6 Vettes are not muscle cars they are GM's premier 2 seat Sport Cars

And lastly GM in thier infinite wisdom has Killed the Camaro/Firebirds

posted by  Enan

forgive my ignorance, but whats the diff bitwinxt mustang gt, bullit, and cobra?

posted by  importluva

I have one thing to say about these newly re-designed cars. If they are front wheel drive, to hell with them. :banghead:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I'm with that...RWD all the way! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

One word.......Options.

posted by  Voda48

Hot chocolate drink made by Cadbury?....jk :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

might i add that Cadbury Flake = god on earth

and even better...

you know those ice cream blokes where you can get the cadbury flake in thye ice cream? thats heavenly....

posted by  SuperJew

Yes, I'm in agreement with that....very nice :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

I went with the Mustang only because its powerful... the looks aren't looking like they should look... :ohcrap: but ya, RWD all the way... that site said that the new Charger was RWD so thats good :smoke:

posted by  SilverCivicSi98

I can't speak for the 2005+ models, except for the GT, but for the current models:

The Mustang GT has a 4.6l SOHC 16 valve V8 with approximately 260 Horsepower. (And 300+ foot pounds of torque.)

The Mustang GT Bullitt was only made in 2001, but it featured a new intake, cobra throttle bodies, redesigned suspension, Cobra brakes, as well as many other tweaks to set it apart from the GT. When it was all said and done the car had around 280HP and slightly more than 300 foot pounds of torque. Thanks to the engine tweaks the torque curve was much flatter, and the power came on much sooner. (The car is really a blast to drive.)

The Cobra for 2003 is an entirely different beast. The fine people at SVT decided to go with a supercharged version codenamed "Terminator." To accommodate the supercharger they replaced the aluminum block with a cast iron. (For durability’s sake.) According to Ford, the 4.6L DOHC 32 Valve engine produces 390 horsepower and 390 foot pounds. This is actually quite underrated though, as several magazine tests got rear wheel horsepower levels at around 380. (Which means over 400 at the crank.) This engine responds exceptionally well to simple mods, and a few hundred dollars puts the car well in excess of 500 horsepower.

The 2005 Mustang features an all-new 4.6L engine with 3 valves per cylinder. Ford was able to up the compression ratio to 9.8:1 and the Horsepower to 300. Although, from all accounts, the new car is slightly heavier, and the 1.4 mile times are only marginally improved. (Upper 13's.) Rumor has it a 2006/2007 Cobra will feature 450 - 500 Horsepower and may feature a Shelby nametag.

There you go…

posted by  Widowmaker2k

thank you for explaining in detail.

posted by  importluva

Has anyone heard of, or seen (probleby not) the new Chevelle? Its supposed to be on the Hot Rod magazines Power Tour. Hot Rod Designed it and thats where the HRSS and the HRSS454 got its name. its supposed to be RWD

HRSS - LS1, same as the new GTO, 345 HP
HRSS454 - C5-R all aluminum, 5th generation Corvette racing block with 600 HP

http://alohadreamcars.com/hrss.htm

posted by  bluechevelless

Your Message