I want to make this

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  I want to make this

http://neontuners.com/viewtopic.php?t=1555

Something Ive heard quite a bit about. Only thing that concerns me is the fact that the filter is so low, but i can just make the 11" pipe 9" to make it sit a bit higher. What do you guys thing?

TO MODERATORS!!!
THIS IS NOT AN AD. I AM SIMPLY SHOWING WHAT I WANT TO MAKE. ONLY 1 OR 2 PEOPLE ON THIS WHOLE FORUM ASIDE FROM ME DRIVE NEONS, AND WOULD HAVE USE FOR IT. I JUST WANT FEEDBACK, AND DONT WANT TO HAVE TO COPY AND PASTE ALL OF THE IMAGES!
Thanks for your time. :mrgreen:

posted by  newyorker

Looks pretty sweet, and not sure about how much boost was achieved, but at least it looks cleaned up...

If you don't remember, something like this got you banned the first time, so I'd take the link down and copy the thread or something...Although I find that to be a stupid rule...most CF members, wouldn't leave CF for another forum, so what difference does it make? :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Boost? When did home made CAI's start providing boost? I think the only moderator that would be stupid enough to bitch about that link would be Cliffy. Of course now he has a choice. Leave it alone or prove me right. Which do you think he'll do?

posted by  vwhobo

EDIT: I meant a boost in horsepower...got confused there :doh:

Tough choice...he might do what the rules say, or what he feels is right...onyl one way to find out...but I'm guessing he won't delete it...

posted by  chris_knows

Well, the rules don't say anything about posting a link to help clarify a question or answer, so... I'm sure he'll make up some rule that's being broken that he'll overlook just this once. What a guy. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

It'll work, just don't expect any huge increase in power. And I agree that you'll probably want to make it a bit shorter.

posted by  vwhobo

Thanks for the reply man. I took the snorkel off of my stock intake box, and left the filter open but a bit covered with the plastic case, and let me tell you it sounds beastly. I just want a little boost. Thing is that my stock air box sits right BEHIND my engine (Im sure you know this if youre worked on neons before), and it sucks in hot air without the snorkel, but the snorkel really pulls no air in and if it does, it all gets heated because the damn thing sits right on top of the valve cover. Its a lose-lose with the stock box, but this should be at least a sligh improvement over what i have. Im not expecting to run 11s with an intake and hood vynils, but it should give a small kick.

posted by  newyorker

You'll see a bigger inrease in power by simply not turning on your AC, not trying to push a big amp or not using a bunch of electrical accessories simultaneously. You might pick up about a 1% power gain.

posted by  vwhobo

Wouldn't some ceramic coated pipes help keep the air cool?

posted by  chris_knows

So youre saying its not worth it? Ive talked to neon owners and they said that in the winter you place it high, and then in the summertime you get a longer pipe and make it stick out a bit, and they said that gives more increase. From what youre saying, there is no sense in doing this. I never run the AC, even in the baking summertime, because it wastes power and gas, I just keep the windows open. My amp is 1200 watts, and I only run my CD player with the system, and the small vent LED lights sometimes.

posted by  newyorker

Dont wana go fullblast, because Hobo says this might not give me the kind of gain I was being told I would get. Il just wait n see what happens.

posted by  newyorker

Your Message