New Challenger pics

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  New Challenger pics

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=945#post945

So, anyone in the market for a low mileage '06 Mustang GT? :mrgreen: :banghead: :cussing:

posted by  dontmatr

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my goodd...

Kinda looks like the Charger...but with a bit more sex appeal :drool:

Probably like 500hp

Anyone else think this is Dodge's attempt to compete with the Corvette? :hi:

BTW Are you really selling your Mustang?

posted by  chris_knows

Is it me or that interior worse than the first gen Neon? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

It looks like you could actually use some of those body panels to restore a '71 Challenger... In fact, it looks like they just customized an original Challenger.

And it's just you. That interior is way cooler than any Neon interior.

I'd still rather have the Mustang, but it's cool to see it at least proposed. ;)

posted by  ChrisV

It's you :laughing:

I think it looks really nice--leather interior, shifter looks pretty sweet, along with the pedals and steering wheel...just the dash looks kind of bland/plastic :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

Well, here's what they were updating:

http://www.carmemories.com/images/dbimages/439.jpg

http://www.bogleclassiccars.com/objects/cars/71challenger/interior1.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

Well they were trying to copy the original, so I find that pretty cool...but I still find it a bit bland :ohcrap::2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

Still i think that the interior is ASS ugly. Interiors really shine on the new Acura Luxury sedans. This is a "muscle" car, so why cant it have something nice like the new mustang? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

because its a muscle car not a luxury car you don't buy muscle cars for the interior

posted by  Aondor

I agree, but a nice interior can't hurt either...

But hell, as long as it's fast...it doesn't matter at all...

posted by  chris_knows

Well, I talked to some of the guys down at Crestview....Challenger is expected for late '08. It will keep the 6.1L V8(425hp and 420 ft-lbs tq) along with the 6 speed manual. However, some body changes will be done....but it will still be a two door.

Furthermore, another 11 vehicles will be introduced between now and then. Another SX/Neon replacement will be out, and not the Caliber. Every vehicle will have an SRT counterpart :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

can you talk them into shitcanning the pistol grip? it looks cool, but it can be hell on your knuckles... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Umm, the Mustang's does the same retro look inside that this one does.

I'm really tired of the "acura/luxury" sackriders these days. You f*ckers need to live with a flat metal dash with a single round guage in it and then f*cking talk to me about "luxurious interiors."

this is a retro musle car with an updated retro muscle car interor. It looks like it's fully functonal, which is what cars liek this are supposed to be about.

You want a Maybach, or to be coddled like you're still in your momma's womb, look elsewhere. This car isn't marketed to you.

posted by  ChrisV

It IS a nice interior. Just not an Acura syled interior.

Hmm. Might be hope for you yet.

;)

posted by  ChrisV

I agree with you Chris, muscle cars (and the retros that resemble them) are more for the power then make, not the comfort they give. I'd much rather a simple yet nice looking interior over something that's full of unneeded gadgets and other things. If I want to feel like I'm sitting in a lazyboy, then I'll stay at home.

posted by  car_crazy89

Nice interior or not, the new Mustang still looks worlds better than it.:2cents:

posted by  jedimario

Oh...my....god!!!! :drool:

posted by  PontiacFan27

The interior is a PERFECT fit for that car, I don't car what you luxury car or NVH freaks have to say about it. I hope it's produced exactly as it looks in those pics...looks absolutely wicked.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Amen to that! Let's hope they don't screw it up like they did the Charger. :clap:

posted by  Pythias

I like the interior.

posted by  PontiacFan27

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2858509

I swear to god/Allah/Krishna/etc. if the Challenger enters production close to this form, I'm putting a for sale sign on the Stang. :drool:

posted by  dontmatr

This is Dodge's attempt at the Mustang and I think it has 425 hp.
I really like the interior, its got a "tuck and roll" style going on for the seats. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

It will be close. It will have the 6.1L V8 Hemi, 425hp, 420ft-lb tq. **** emissions lmao! It will also have the six-speed....

however...some body design changes may be done.... :(

posted by  dodgerforlife

ok, this competition for the corvette? have you not heard of a little car called the VIPER, lol and you got it backwards, the corvette is gm's attempt at the viper, and the c6 comes pretty darn close. I know the vette came first but im a die hard viper guy

and ya challenger=stang

posted by  ride3k

Pretty sweet competition for the Mustang :hi:

OMG Still beautiful :drool: :drool: :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

It was in this months Car and Driver. 425 hp, 420 ft-lbs, $35000

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message