Neon R/T...am I crazy?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Neon R/T...am I crazy?

OK. Well as crazy as this sounds to some, im thinking of getting another neon after this one. Specifically an R/T.
First gen is preferable, but second will do just fine. I just want this car, because I like the way my Neon has treated me thus far, and have no complaints about the speed and the reliability of it just yet.
What do you guys think? Anyone ever had this car? Know some stuff about it? Articles? Thanks.

posted by  newyorker

Slow. Ugly.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Its not slow. Maybe compared to other cars of a higher class and price range, but for me its plenty fine. And the fact that its ugly is a matter of personal opinion. I cant stand the car in your sig so what :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

Because you're a ****ing moron. If you honestly think your car looks better than a 3000GT or mine than you need to pass around whatever drug you're on.

posted by  PontiacFan27

actually, i'd take a neon over yours too.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I understand that you love Neons...but jeez....there's more cars than just Neon's and SRT-4's...

For that price you could get a better car IMO...

If I was to say something bad about their reliability or something, it probably won't make much of a difference for whether you buy one, but overall...they don't look too bad, and reliability I don't know too much about, but if your Neon hasn't had many problems, then the R/T probably won't either

:2cents:

BTW, you are crazy :laughing: JP

posted by  chris_knows

Yea I think it does :thumbs: . The drug is caled 420a. You should check it out sometime.

posted by  newyorker

I have, didnt even give me a buzz.

posted by  PontiacFan27

you must have had a low dose.....had a few doses that will make your head snap like a whip.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I'm addicted to LS1 and 4G63.

dont forget about KLZE!

posted by  PontiacFan27

can't forget the 400SB and 440BB

posted by  dodgerforlife

Eh, you're all wasting your time with sh!tboxes...302 all the way baby!...lol, j/k guys, don't get psycho.

BTW, Merry Christmas to all, hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

The neon isnt a bad car. I think its an ugly car but if you like it go for it

posted by  bigdaveangell

awww, nuts to you too... :cussing:

kidding, really i am.

newyorker-
uhh, i really wouldnt bother "upgrading" from a neon to a neon R/T... not enough power gain to make it worth it, if you really want to get that tiny bit of extra speed, spend a fraction of the cost in engine mods.

but honestly, i dont see ANY reason to get the same car as you've already had unless the one you have has some serious problems with it. upgrading just to get the higher trim, a waste of money.

posted by  pik_d

Maybe get one of the ACRs with like 9k miles on it, and have it as a weekend car. Stick a turbo in there and its all set.

posted by  newyorker

How about a dose of :fu: :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

are you telling me to get an ACR when i have an R/T? :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

Im not telling you to do anytihng, but since you mentioned it, it seems like you say the ACR is worse than the R/T. The ACR was the limited model was it not? Had the same powerplant I believe.

posted by  newyorker

www.rtspeed.com/miscphotos.html
Check it out they got some pretty nice pictures.

posted by  newyorker

I'm getting 404 Not Found...is it just me?

posted by  chris_knows

so "Maybe get one of the ACRs" is not you suggesting/telling me to get an ACR?

ok good.

maybe get a faster car and find out how mediocre neons really are. comeon now...

the ACR has the same powerplant yes, but has no air conditioning or radio/speakers. why in the name of god would i want a weekend car nearly identical to my regular one? i dont understand why you think i should have a weekend car anyway... i'm in college, i do most of my driving on the weekend already, and i would just be a bastard to take up two parking spaces on a campus lot.

the ACR is worse as a daily driver, and isnt even that much better as a track car. not worth it to go and buy a $10k car 95% identical to the one i have. i dont understand your thinking at all.

chris_knows-
yea, so am i.

posted by  pik_d

http://rtspeed.com/miscpics.html
correct link

posted by  newyorker

thos guys wasted all that time on neons pshh why don't they go buy something good like a geo metro (chuckles)

posted by  Aondor

Oh snap! Good one!

posted by  PontiacFan27

Thanks. You take this one by shoving it in your ass :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

And you wasted your time with what? :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

I looked up Neons on google, and here's some of my favourites:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/superchargedneon.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/615912_38_full.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/neonpicfromhttpwww.jpg

Not really my favourite, but it gets the girls :laughing:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/car00094_00493.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/car00094_00490.jpg

I think this one is just funny:laughing::
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/586054_14.jpg

If anybody wants the link to the site, ask :thumbs;

posted by  chris_knows

:drool: OMFG! :drool:
What are the 2 gears in the first pic, and the second one is just downright awesome!

posted by  newyorker

:doh: WOW bro

posted by  99integra

What i really dont know. i got some shit in the same spot but my thing is covered im bout to take the cover off

posted by  newyorker

OMG RICER ALERT WHEEEE OOOOO WHEEEE OOO WHEEEE OOO
pretty cool alarm huh? keeps me away from those damn lambo doors...

posted by  ride3k

Dont be mad just cause you cant take out the back seats on your 3000 :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I'd like to see you try to.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I have no idea what you said, but id like to see you try to make sense. Guess what. It aint gona happen. :laughing: .....Twinky :orglaugh:

posted by  newyorker

I'm almost positive it's the timing belt and pulley...which I hope you changed at 60,000 miles...

posted by  chris_knows

he'd like to see you try to [take out the backseat of his 3000.] really, it does make PERFECT sense. :doh:

posted by  pik_d

I only had the car starting 62.5k miles, but it had fresh inspection so i guess that was taken care of.

posted by  newyorker

Its quite very easy.

posted by  newyorker

i wouldnt count on a fresh inspection meaning that they changed the timing belt...

posted by  pik_d

Well it was inspected at our family mechanic's shop, so its all good. He showed me every bit of the car and explained everything. No fluid leaks anywhere or anything. No cracks on the belts, so time will tell.

posted by  newyorker

If your timing belt rips, then your engine is basically f*cked, then pistons will hit the top of the engine, and your camshaft will snap :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

I guess you dont have a good understanding of the english language. You said "you cant take out the back seats on your 3000", and I said "I'd like to see you try to." Makes perfect sense. I even quoted it so you could understand it, apparently not.

posted by  PontiacFan27

you all know he started this thread so he can get a riot out of you all, because he knows we all hate his car and all neons..

posted by  Stem

I don't hate Neon's...not exactly my cup of tea, but it's not a bad car overall, and starting to grow on me thanks to Alex :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Arent you the one that wanted people to tell you Honda is better than Nissan? You have no place to talk here. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Ok cut the crap you can tell me honestly lol. :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

So have him send me the car and send me 1000 dollars because he cant do it himself and cant even buy a fyucking Haynes manual or ask someone!

posted by  newyorker

What's the point of cutting crap? But why not, it's all in good fun:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/poop.jpg

:laughing:

Seriously though...they're starting to grow on me :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

Lol..wow..get an R/T

posted by  newyorker

wow newyorker, wtf is with thinking i cant take them out? i just asked if anyone knew how, the simple answer would be "no, but you can google it or check a haynes manual" but no, u go "psh, hes reatrded cuz he cant think for himself, gimme 1000 bucks so i can trash your car cuz i like shitty neons and dont know jack shit about cars"

posted by  ride3k

But first you have to realize that there are other cars than Neons and SRT-4's :laughing:

It won't be a first car, because I plan on restoring an older one, but maybe a second one :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

Obviously you dont woudlnt know proper spelling and puntuation if it rammed you in the cornhole. If you knew how to take them out, then why did you come here and ask?
Lets go over this again

you can get them out

Wait you can't

And as far as my car goes, I like it a lot more than yours. At least I dont stick 18in rims on mine thinking its a Luxury sedan or a PIMP-mobile of sorts.
:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Thats a subject to debate :laughing: kidding

posted by  newyorker

Like hell it is :cussing:

*Yells at some thugs to tie him down and beat him with a bat until he comes to his sensse*

:laughing: :laughing: JP

posted by  chris_knows

Then steals the mighty neon :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

No, you just stick neons on a neon, and think it's sweet. Thats so much better. Why do you like your car more than his? Because you can't afford his car. Your a lost cause. Go buy an R/T and have it as a "Weekend Car". LOL :screwy:

posted by  Pythias

At least im not the one buying a Mustang with 100K plus miles on it :banghead: . Yea I like my neon and I got the neons for it again so what? I can afford his I wouldnt go near that pile of ass if I was blind.

posted by  newyorker

*Oh no, the Cams aren't camming, the headers aren't headering and the computer has a virus* :laughing: :laughing:

So he jumps in an SRT-4 :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

And blesses is with Ancient Japanese spells and such :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

ok first of all, i didnt put the 18' on it, i bought it from sum guy and thats was whta was on it, and second of all, puting bigger rims on a car is a better mod then adding f**king neon lights, thats about as bad as it gets

posted by  ride3k

That's just a matter of personal opinion...Like IMO, new wheels, are better than a giant three foot spoiler...

Yes bless them all, those Japanese writing, V-TAK makers them :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

Um, the Neon's anything but Mighty!!! And as far as upgrading to an SRT-4, why don't you save your money and mod your current NEON???

posted by  elchango36

Really. Explain your opinion. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Because its automatic and to squeeze 230 horsepower out of it il have to spend a lot of money. Getting a whole new car with a good base makes more sense. There are a LOT of mods for the SRT-4 like staged kits of the Turbo, Clutch, and all that stuff, and its direct from mopar so you know its good.

posted by  newyorker

ITS CHRISTMAS EVE.....chill!

posted by  dodgerforlife

automatic on an srt-4....with a clutch upgrade?....hehehe

posted by  dodgerforlife

He meant his car is auto..
Wow I just defended 6000! What is the world coming to?!

posted by  jedimario

As Jeff said, it's Christmas...A Christmas Miracle :hi: :drool: :smoke: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

pretty much :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

no, he means his current neon is an automatic, and he'd have to spend the money to get it converted to get it to his liking as a psudo-SRT-4.

actually owning a 5-speed neon, i cant say i'm 100% content with my car. it gets good gas mileage, it's big enough to cart two people and our luggage back to home for a 3-week break, it's not big enough for me to consider it "boaty". it is fun to drive, but deffinately lacking in power and torque, i'm not winning any races anytime soon.

the R/T has independent rear suspension (the base does not), it has a bit more power and like 2% more torque, but then i havnt driven any of the base models, so i dont know if it truely FEELS any different then the baseline, but i would put money on the fact that it does. for a cheap car, i'd deffinately take it over a civic, but only because of the publics opinion of the car, and it's a little more sporty then the competing civics. (aka: anything but the Si).

newyorker-
about the 3000gt, it just MAY actually be something odd about the car where they dont make it so the rear seats come out that easily. untill you have first hand experience, or second hand knowledge, can it hurt that bad to give him the benefit of the doubt? yea, i can see why you're getting defensive about this, your car, and other things, but you're not acting a gentleman either. even IF you like the neon so much, you must realize you're acting like the fanboy that you are. the SRT-4's are great buys, but it's not the car to end all cars. truely, it's not. it may help your image on this mesage board to stop flaunting the neon and srt-4 in every post that you can make a potential connection between the topic and a neon.

i personally have grown attached to my car, and i take slight offence when people tell me i have a girly car. i know i shouldnt be taking offence to you guys, but i feel like i should stick up for my car. :cussing:

if you must, hate that ricer attutude, reverse-brainwash the ricer, shun the rice, make your own opinion on the car. :thumbs:

/endrant

posted by  pik_d

I am just defending my car as anyone else would if their car was insulted, and not just their car, but the make and model as a whole. I dont go saying that all Mustangs are trash, or that Rangers should be crushed. The only reason I got mad in the first place is because I told him that the seats in my car just lift right out, and he minsultingly said "Well my car isnt a neon". Thats basically saying that "My car isnt a POS that the seats just lift right out".
P.S. I found a site with the instructions but since youre gona be a dick about it then I think il hold on to it untill you apoligize or just start behaving yourself.

posted by  newyorker

Meant my car is Auto.

posted by  newyorker

I'm pretty sure that was clarified already :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I AM sure... :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

BTW thanks for that. :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

:ohcrap:

aww, no one is paying much attention to my big long post....

newyorker, what caused you to first like neons?

posted by  pik_d

Truer words have never been spoken :laughing::clap:...Don't worry, I noticed your rant :thumbs:

But what do you have against Si's?

posted by  chris_knows

I was forced into buying one because notihng else really was available for me in my price range. Then I was just really happy that I got a car. For the first few weeks I dindt really mess with it much because I was getting used to its smaller dimentions as compared to my old 1990 Pontiac 6000LE. Then I really let it lose, and I just fell in love with it. The suspention is pretty stiff for spirited conditions, yet soft enough to have an enjoyable ride. The power is adequate enough to let me have a good time. The interior is small so I feel like im in my own little shuttle + I dont have to drive ppl because I cant even fit them in there. Plus the fact that it has features. Alloy wheels, spoiler, sunroof. Its just an overall polished ride, and I wouldnt give it up for any other car, unless I was to sell it and get another Neon. I drove my moms 97 civic back when she had it, and I didnt like it a single bit. It was not powered adquately, not comfortable, virutally style-less, and just not a good time. My friend Nissan_Altima's car is a bit more powrful than mine, but I can still take him on Autocross because my car is a lot lower and stiffer. Im just happy with the car that I got for the money, and to be quite honest its grown on me so that I get my friends in school complimenting my car because I drive it fast, and it doesnt look the part, so a lot of people go "Is that a Neon?"
Its just like a part of me and I dont want to give it up for anything else.

posted by  newyorker

Notihng from what I can tell, but he just likes the Neon more. BTW like my sig? :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Just wondering, because he said

Your sig isn't too bad, but I don't like the way the headlights were done, but other than that it doesn't look too bad...:2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

haha, nooo, i mean the neon R/T is more sporty then any civic EXCEPT the Si. :wink2: the Si is probably the only civic i ever WOULD get.

i dunno if i like my neon more... as i havnt ever driven an Si. i base how much i like a car first and foremost on how it feels, but if not that, then how review say it feels, then looks, then upgradability. (maybe other attributes that have escaped my mind at the moment)

that has only part to do with how i base what car i would like to own. when looking at that, i take into account how i like it (the paragraph above), hose useful it is when driving friends around (right now i feel like 4-doors is a must), gas mileage, recalls (though, not really so much, since if i buy used, recalls should be taken care of), and the general consensus of how reliable it is.

nothing to do with brand at all.

posted by  pik_d

care to comment on my post that i wrote to answer your question?

posted by  newyorker

oops, sorry.

i can understand how you grew attached to your car (i would have with my 1st car, but it was just such a POS...), but that doesnt make it the most attractive looking vehicle out there. my opinion on the 1st and 2nd gen neons is quite different, and here's a hint... i have a 2nd gen. :mrgreen: but... my mom had a 1st gen and after a few years it just... was not good. so a personal experience gave me a slight personal prejudice against it. meh. my supervisor at work likes his neon a fair amount.

how often do you autocross, and what kind of preformance mods have you done to your car?

posted by  pik_d

I hope to try autocross for the first time this summer, and as far as performance I have nothing except for imaginary ATX performance chips :banghead: . The car is a stock automatic with nothing but a sound system, painted panels, and hood vynils.

posted by  newyorker

Wow, this whole time I thought the neon with the door kit was yours :doh: . You just lost some points there buddy :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

Na. I wish that was mine. I like the one in my sig better though. What do you mean I lost points? I dont care what you think about my car, I dont like the car in your sig either (if its yours or not). Its just personal preference. As for pictures of my car they are posted here (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=18256&highlight=Photos)

posted by  newyorker

you prance and praise the Neon because you own one and you'll never own a different car in your life. Your car is the best car...yet its a F*ing STOCK Neon. I actually leveled with you for some time because I thought that A.)the Neon under your name was yours, B.) I thought you actually had your car modded up and people still gave you SHIT. Now I understand why people give you Shit. Good Luck with your Dreams. :thumbs:

**EDIT** Oops, sory, didn't see those stickers for a second. So it's not stock afterall.

posted by  elchango36

Yea so just because a "shitty" neon has lambo doors and an intake, its suddenly good. :fu: bro you can keep that civic for all I care. What do you have in the engine thats so special? An intake and exhaust like all other teen ricers out there I presume.

posted by  newyorker

Um, ok
Fisrt of all, like I said before, I thought you had some actuall time and money spent on the car to make it unique, your own. It's not about the lambo doors, its about people giving you shit for taking your car thats a POS, and trying to do something positive with it whether it be a door upgrade, engine mods, whatever. But everyone gives you Shit because you think there doesn't exist a better car than your STOCK NEON.
2nd, JDM B16A from a 95 SiR-II for starters (which is a hellofa lot more than what "other teen ricers out there" have.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2097000-2097999/2097793_3 5_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2097000-2097999/2097793_6 8_full.jpg
3rd, just how exactly am I a ricer??? (let me point out im not the one praising all civics nor am I the one with stickers on my car)

posted by  elchango36

allllllright im a little drunk, let me be...lmao!

posted by  dodgerforlife

And now that i have read the rest of the thread, and somewhat comprehended it.....

The 420a is able to handle almost 600 hp with minimal internal upgrades....which is pretty bloody decent, but you would have to drop a pretty dime to get to that level.

second, newyorker/6000, you do have somewhat of a ricer attitude. You stick up for the neon a little too much...yes, a stock neon against a stock civic, base models, the neon will probably win, but still, its a ****ing neon. hell, i tell people im driving a neon, more will understand that then an 05 SX... But I digress - IMO, ricers are people who think their car kicks ass because of simple 'mods' that give it the power to whup other cars. Hell, no matter how many decals you add to a car, a stock base car with 132hp with auto will own a stock/base 92hp car. I'll admit it, my buddy has a 95 sport neon....it would take my 05 sx....he has 150 hp to my 132(which has a bunch more stupid ass computer-related restrictions)....all he has is a muffler with dual outs(not full catback) and an aem cai. even if i added a full catback and cai, he would probably still take me.

furthermore, elchango has a built civic, and i would drive it, provided i actually drove hondas in the first place.... he isnt a ricer, he knows his car can back up what he talks...

to settle the score, unless you have a neon with some serious work, it isnt the best out there...the same really goes for a civic. too often you see kids with cai and exhaust claiming their cars kick ass...from what i can tell, its most likely due to two major factors. one is money...they can't afford more, and two is they won't take on a car that isnt the base level of what they have...or less...making them think their car is amazing.

to be honest, i have ideas for my car, some are engine, most are looks/sound...i honestly dont believe it will be faster..it's mostly things to try and get a bit beefier sound then stock, and to maybe squeeze a little more gas mileage out of it. but that does not make me a ricer, for the simple fact that i dont think that a beefier exhaust will make me own....

ahhhhhhhhh ****. im 3/4 of the way to drunk, i give up. ill reread the post later, and probably have a different answer.....for now its bedtime.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well I haven't read this whole thread (as it's about Neons and your passion for them) but I have read some of the posts.

So, put plain and simple...

YES, you are crazy!!! (Also in a way, your sad, but I guess everyones got to be something in life).

posted by  car_crazy89

wo hoo, 600hp neon R/T here i come! :laughing:

actually, if i was determined to do that, i'd also pour in another 10k to get it converted to AWD... what a chore that would be.

posted by  pik_d

Does it really matter how much money and time I have invested in my car? I know a kid that has a Camaro automatic and dumps a shitload of money into it, but doesnt know the first thing about cars, and doesnt really care but only does it to impress people. I on the other hand am an enthusiast, so I love the trade no matter if my neon is running 400 horsepower or 150, no matter if I have 14in ACR wheels, or 17in VOLKs, and no matter if I have 2 stickers on my hood to make my car stand out from the other neons, or if I look like im sponsored. I just love cars, and thats just me, and no matter what, no ammount of mods, or no matter if you call me a ricer, I wont change, so your efforts are wasted. I dont care if my car is a Neon. I was forced into buying it, and I love it. :thumbs:
EDIT: sorry for mistaking your car for something else. Like the engine very much. Are those headers ceramic-coated? What else you got on there.

posted by  newyorker

Headers? I don't see a set there. All I see is one exhaust manifold.
Also if you really love the 420a that much I would rather prefer an Eclipse GS/Talon ESi over a Neon. They have a better transmission, and look alot better IMO.

posted by  nsupra27

Id take a talon TSi. Isnt that the turbo? Also I like the AWD Stealth twin turbo, but I cant afford it.

posted by  newyorker

Well of course I would take a turbo model, especially AWD, but when I said I would prefer a GS/ESi insted of a Neon, I was refering to if you wanted a 420a.

posted by  nsupra27

Oo. Well what engine does the SRT-4 have? I cant understand the engine codes. Im guessing 420a =
4=cylinders
20=2.0L
a=??? have no clue

posted by  newyorker

What I don't understand is why in the hell people want to get economy cars and try to make them "fast". I'll never understand it. Why not get a car with over 200hp, rwd, and then make that faster...lord knows most 200hp rwd cars will smoke you're precious R/T's and ACR's. I wouldn't even drive a Neon as an economy car because they're bitch cars to begin with, but I guess that kind of car suits you well.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

So keep driving that POS t-bird :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

hey now
i wouldnt say pos
i had one till i wrapped it around a concrete bridge
it was a sweet ride
but thats my opinion i guess
why you all have to bash someone elses taste in cars anyways no different then women
some like fat ones some like thin ones

posted by  windman

People like fat women? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

As long as your content with your Neon, afterall it is YOUR CAR.
And I accept your apology. It was a little childish to assume but you wouldn't be the first. Yes, those are ceramic-coated DC headers. As for what else, performance wise: ACT Bronze Clutch, Pressure Plate, and Flywheel; B&M Short Shifter. I'm working on getting adjustable coilovers before March. I'm not trying to build a full out race car, Im trying to build an SiR-II as close to J-spec as I possibly can. That's why most of the other mods have been cosmetic (JDM: guages, clock, climate control, I swapped in GSR leather seats in the meantime. I'm also working on getting some JDM fog lights and JDM power folding mirrors.) I don't want to build a full out race car becasue this is my daily driver. I drive this back home at least once a month and so I can't afford replacing stuff all the time. My next project however will be a full out race application. :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

you just proved that you are a f**king retard. You do realise that the TT stealth is the EXACT SAME CAR as my 3000GT, if i had V4, it looks, drives and is made with the same parts. Wow, you are so reatarded.

PS: to whoever said rims were an opinon mods, i have to say this, i couldnt Big Brake upgrade if i still had stock 16-17's on it now could i? =P allthough they are rele a visual upgrade at first cuz them big brakes are sooooo expensive

posted by  ride3k

Yea but its domestic. Is your car a VR4? No. Then does your car have 320 horsepower? No. The stealth does. So STFU :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

you were the one preaching "it's my car, it doesnt matter that it's slower then others, and unmodded, i still like ie", then you turn around and bash other peoples car because it isnt the highest model? where's your R/T or ACR trim neon?

the stealth is domestic? if it's the SAME car as the 3000GT, it doesnt matter what the badge says, that argument is null and void... same parts (maybe not 100%), different body, different badge, who GIVES A ****?

posted by  pik_d

ya, the stealth and 3kGT are twins, the only diff i can think of is Manufacturing location (America and Asia) and the wing on the back (on the stealth, its pushed forweard, close to the hatch's glass) other wise they are 100% the same, meaning i can put a 93 stealth hood/doorpanel/fender/engine parts/hatch/etc on my 3kgt

edit: stealh and 3kGT are little known dodge/mitsu sisters (dont know if they can be called DSM's or not though, i thinks thats only the eclipse's)

posted by  ride3k

... you are reatarded. The VR4 is the highest mdoel of the 3kgt, as is the TT stealth you dumbf**k. that means if you took the engin out the cars would be identical, you know nothing about cars so i suggest you stop trying now

posted by  ride3k

Seriously, WHY does it have to be another NEON??? If you had experience driving other cars, you would like things about other cars too! My first car was a SUnbird GT Turbo, and I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. But like most people, I got over that after a few months. I've had 4 cars in total, and all of them have had their pros and cons. If perhaps I owned a BMW M5, I could say its the best car ever, and I only want to have that car. But you can't take a Neon, and say you only want to have Neons. Open up your eyes and take a look around you. There are thousands of cars in the same price and power range as your Neon. Try something new!

Idiot.

posted by  Mathew

Chubby Chasers :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

LOLZ and your neon with 60k miles is much better man. 0-60 in ? 15 seconds? Lol you need to figure out where you lost your brain.

Oh and don't try to come back with "Oh it's my car n I love it no matter what it does or how fast it is, I'm a ****ing teletubby-type shit, cause thats what you sound like."

We've been over that and we realize it all, you want to absh on my car with over 100k miles yes, needless to say it is superior if we are talking about performance OR resell value OR reliability. Your car wins the mpg, thats it.

Well I guess thats part of the ricer attitude. To take something slow n shitty to making it fast n prolly still shitty. Although rarely does anyone do major performance upgrades.

posted by  Pythias

LMAO, I'm just telling it like it is buddy...everybody knows that Neons are bitch cars, no exceptions. If you think my car is a pos, fine, but you don't know anything about it. It may be a 3800lb tank, but it goes 14.6's with a very worn AOD and 3.08 gears...and guess what...I have less than $1500 into it...that included the engine/rear, and all other accessories. You'd need about $2500 invested in your car and a 100mph tail wind to run times like that. You need to check your pants bro...if you think a neon is fast...or even quick you can't be a man. Either that or your 17 and it's your first car so you just don't know any better.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Is this another 6000LE? Likes Neons, and types how he used too.

posted by  nsupra27

I'm 6000LE. So was 420amodder. :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Im prety sure your car pulls times like that. BTW I am 17 and its my second car.

posted by  newyorker

[QUOTE=Pythias]
1. LOLZ and your neon with 60k miles is much better man. 0-60 in ? 15 seconds? Lol you need to figure out where you lost your brain.

2. Oh and don't try to come back with "Oh it's my car n I love it no matter what it does or how fast it is, I'm a ****ing teletubby-type shit, cause thats what you sound like."

3. We've been over that and we realize it all, you want to absh on my car with over 100k miles yes, needless to say it is superior if we are talking about performance OR resell value OR reliability. Your car wins the mpg, thats it.
QUOTE]
1. Actually it pulls times close to an Integra LS
2. Yea I like my car, so are you gona try to convince me to think different?
3. Yes your car is supreior, with performance, but not likely in resale value. Private party value of my car on KBB.com is 3,255. Whats yours? :ticking: .
I bought the car for a daily driver, so I kinda do need it to have good gas milage. At 17 years old you dont just buy a daily driver car, and then say a mustang or 240SX or Sylvia as a weekend drifter car. Nuf said :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

posted by  99integra

Private Party Value of his car is what? :hi:

posted by  newyorker

What are you talking about? Weekend drifter? When did I EVER say anything about drifting? Never. Did you? Because all I see is "Weekend Car".

And I'm not entirely sure Steve is laughing at me.

posted by  Pythias

Why not post the private party value of your car on here. Better yet a link to the KBB site where it tells us that. Il post mine. And I meant that my car gets good milage so i use it as a daily driver, and its not a mustang that costs more to fill with gas in a year than the car itself.
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kbb.PA;726351;PA101&19116;sed+p&722;D odge;1998%20Neon&8;DO;B2&&&
Theres my private party value. Whats yours? :hi:

posted by  newyorker

Newsflash... KBB private party value isn't accurate within how many years ago.... private party value for mine? 2,000 Private party value for a mint 1988 mustang with premium everything and no mile... 2,225. Think that means anything? Nope. Go look on autotrader, around here Mustangs with around 150k miles and up are goin for around 4500.... and NO thats not an uncommon thing. You really think someone would pay 3,200 for your pos? Don't think so. :screwy:

KBB is there to give you an IDEA, it can't compensate for what people are willing to pay, or how the economy is going, or what has become popular.

posted by  Pythias

Yea but the value of the car stands its own ground.

posted by  newyorker

Well, you got one thing close to right. KBB's price is in no way a guarantee that you can buy or sell a car for the price they have published. Beyond that, you once again extend your reputation of making statements that qualify for the stupidest thing ever said. Of course KBB can AND DOES compensate for the economy, location, popularity, mileage, condition, etc. They even compenstae for time of year in certain cases such as convertibles being more valuable in summer months. KBB (and NADA) don't set prices, they research, compile, average and publish prices based on the things you say they can't compensate for. That's why some times book prices on cars go up as well as going down. Once again, you are obviously without a clue. Think, type, submit.

posted by  vwhobo

1. i was talking about the 88 tbird
2. i dont like neons
3. my fault for not clarifying i wasnt talking about neons

posted by  windman

I'm sorry but I think in this case, the private party value means nothing (when it comes to Neons considering they are everywhere and can be found for a lot less the $3000). I'd be more willing to pay alittle extra then KBB for a car like a Mustang then I would paying actual KBB or just under for a Neon.

posted by  car_crazy89

Good job :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I lived with a guy who had a '98 R/T, he loved that car. I can honestly say it was a complete piece of crap. He just about had a standing appointment with the local dealership to have it in for some repair every two weeks. For almost the entire time I lived with him we would take that stupid car to get fixed every two weeks. A lot of it was still covered by the warranty, so maybe that's why he put up with it. But, seriously, piece of crap. It wasn't even THAT fast, it was quick... don't get me wrong. But it was not even close to worth the headache caused by owning it.

posted by  Bino

Well I havent had a single problem with my car yet, and ive had it since mid August, so I really cant complain about reiability matters until something goes wrong. I just bought a Haynes manual earlier this afternoon, so I will be checking things now that I know how.

posted by  newyorker

newyorker, i dont even know what your point is...

you defend your car to the end of the earth, which is fine. but then you call his car a POS, and that you would never have it... well, it may be true that you'd never consider owning a 3000gt, but HOW does that make it a POS?

AND, how is that not hypocritical? you defend your own car, yet talk crap about his?

besides, if he likes his car and doesnt plan on selling it, what the hell does it matter what the KBB value is?

posted by  pik_d

buying a haynes manual dosent mean you know what the f**k ur doing, it helps you ONCE YOU KNOW the problem. it dosent tell you the problem, it gives u the answer to the problem

posted by  ride3k

Then why is kbb so off on prices of those year mustang's?

posted by  Pythias

Exactly, he is hypocritical. But most people realize that after reading a few posts, especially rants about neons.

posted by  Pythias

well yea... but i still want to know his reasoning behind it.

posted by  pik_d

People bash my car, and dont expect it in return. If ride3k didnt talk crap on my neon, I wouldnt talk crap on his 3000. Same with Pythias...althought I dont think I ever called his car crap I just argued the compared value alongside my car.

posted by  newyorker

do you actually think his 3000gt is crap?

posted by  pik_d

That's not the point, if your going to complain about them dissing your car AND THEN put down there's, then why bother complaining, your just keeping the cycle going. And from what I've atleast heard, the problems don't really start till in the 100,000 range for Neons, then when the frist one happens you might as well get rid of the car, as there will be many more soon to follow.

posted by  car_crazy89

No, but come on getting an R/t for a weekend car. I can kinda understand your idea of getting a weekend car, but mostly thats something that is much nicer than your DD. And from what I understand it's not. So getting an R/T for a weekend car wouldn't serve the purpose. Especially since it's almost the same car. Most people have their DD's and their "Weekend cars" I guess you could say. I plan on buying an early 90's accord to drive around because it is so much better on gas and cheaper and College is around 35minutes away. And yes I do bash on your Neon every now and then because of the way you overly defend it. There's defending a car when someone says something based on nothing. Then there's going to extreme's which you do. You say you defend it liek anyone else would. Well your WRONG you take it to far. There's my rant guys take it how you will. Also that Neon in your sig looks nice, and hopefully has some performance with it.

posted by  Pythias

That is what I have heard and witnessed from various people as well.

posted by  Pythias

At least you can be courteous about your arguments. I see where you are coming from. How about an SRT-4 as a weekend car? :hi: . Im tired of all this arguing, can we just call a truce cause this is childish.

posted by  newyorker

I have 66k miles. I will have 100k by the time I finish college, and im only starting next year. Besides, there arent that many newer domestic cars in the neon's pricerange that can offer reliability past 100k miles. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

No but I would NEVER buy one. They seem too big for my liking. If its gona be fast, its gona be a torpedo, not the whole submarine. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

They arent big.

posted by  PontiacFan27

They are bigger than an MR2, Civic, Del Sol, Neon (yea everyone is gona kill me for this), srt-4, integra, etc.etc.

posted by  newyorker

SRT-4 as a weekend car? That'd be a great idea. They give great power for their buck, and keeping the miles low would make it last forever.The point I'm trying to make is if your going to get another car, then at least have ti UNIQUE from your dd, and an R/T wouldn't be. My Mustang will eventually become me "Weekend Car" Once I buy a nice commute car for college, and drive the Mustang less, and modify it more. Also you should tyr to open your eyes to other cars, you may find another one you like, because mostly why you love this Neon so much is because you were forced to buy ti and it has grown on you. I assure you there are many more out there you will discover, hopefully, and maybe even like more than your Neon. Also a 3kgt is NOT big, to you maybe, but your also used to your Neon, and other cars weighing around 2,000 pounds from what it looks like. Drive around a truck for a week and those cars will seem tiny and others seem small. I drive my dad's trucks every now and then and it makes me realize what is big and what isn't.

posted by  Pythias

I agree. The SRT-4 is one of my favorites out there right next to the S2000. Only thing is that the S2000 cant really be used as a daily driver as much as the SRT-4 can. Also whats the difference between a regular block and a Magnum block?

posted by  newyorker

historically a magnum has denotated a wedge shaped cylinder head (like how a HEMI has hemispherical cylinder heads, though that makes me wonder what the new HEMI magnum has... [it has hemispherical, but the name still confuses me])

i also think the R/T is DOHC as opposed to the SXT and base models being SOHC. but i'd like to have someone second that before it's laid down as fact...

posted by  pik_d

Do yourself a favor and purchase a factory service manual. They generally contain some information not covered in a Chilton or a Haynes (just my personal experience/research).

posted by  Bino

dont be calling the 3k big man, it rides lower than your car, and is only wider and longer, which all add to performance. plus its basically a 2 seater, only about 2 inches of room between the front and rear seats, so dont go calling my topedeo a sub =P

posted by  ride3k

Sorry man, your 3000GT is a massively overweight vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I like them, I think they're cool cars, and I wouldn't at all mind owning one some day. But don't be trying to play them off as a pure performance vehicle, the VR-4's weigh nearly 2 tons. It's not as easy as you may think to get that much mass to change directions. Just making sure we're all on the same page here... although with this much flaming going around the pages are all going to get burned up anyway.

posted by  Bino

Its also better than those cars

posted by  PontiacFan27

What is better? How do you define better? Can you actually back up anything you say? Lets have it.

Performance
Reliability
MPG
Weight
Price
Aftermarket

There you have it Twinky. Want to do some research or just look like a moron?

posted by  newyorker

Ah yes, good thing we're not comparing apples to orange or anything... :thumbs:

posted by  Bino

Based upon those requirements... all the aforementioned cars are better than a Viper in all but one (maybe two) category... this entire argument is utterly retarded.

posted by  Bino

posted by  newyorker

We are comparing them to a 3000GT SL :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I'm aware of that, I'm saying you're not comparing apples to apples, and therefore based upon your aforementioned argument those little pocket rockets you listed off are "better" than just about every performance vehicle on the market. I'll try to talk slower next time.

posted by  Bino

God DAMN.

Did everyone get a large dose of ignorance in their Christmas stockings this year? Or is it just something you all decided to do for fun? I've seen people get into these online dick measuring contests before but this one is so pitiful it needed to be stopped pages ago.

First off, I have to respond to one of the more inane recent comments in the thread: that about people being ricers and idiots to want to mod slower cars, instead of just buying faster cars to start with. That's one of the most ignorant non-ricer statments I've heard on this site, and it comes up regularly on the web.

I guess then all those SCCA racers and FIA racers worldwide that race showroom stock and improved touring cars that started out as cheap slow cars are just stupid then? I see. I guess all of us that like cars like the Fiat in my sig that only have 100 hp or so are stupid for not only liking them, but making them a tad faster than they were stock? In fact, just LIKING a car like the Fiat in my sig is enough to make a person a stupid ricer, as I could have gotten a faster car to start with, huh? F*ck, unless you already OWN a f*cking McLaren or Veyron, you could have started with a faster car than you have now!

I guess all those guys racing Formula Vees and Formula Fords are stupid for not owning Formula Atlantics or Formula 1's. I mean, how could you POSSIBLY have fun in a car if it isn't already the fastest car on the planet when you BUY it?

The fact is, a lot of us LIKE BUILDING CARS and get more satisfaction out of making a sloer car fast than buying a car that's already fast. I guess if you don't KNOW anything about cars, you simply buy a fast one and be done with it until someone shows up who bought an even FASTER stock vehicle. But then again, that's all about measuring dicks, too.

Cars like the neon have been favorites of enthusiasts since they were introduced. The ACRs that were delivered to start with were in fact factory club road racing cars, and were highly successful road racing and autocross cars (and still are). The R/Ts were more civilized versions for daily use, but are still quite competetive. There's no surprise that people who own them, like them, and there's no surprise that people who own slower versions want the faster versions.

I know guys that are out there bulding the ultimate VW Bugs, even though there are faster cars out there, they are still passionate about them. Go ahead, tell Hobo he's a ricer for making Bugs faster, since there are street driven domestics that are quicker than the quickest drag only VWs. Go ahead and tell the guys building the ultimate SCCA VW rabbits that they are ricers and idiots because they could be building something from a faster base. You can tell them that, but you'd be the ignorant one.

It's not a f*cking crime OR "rice" to like to modify and race cars that are slower in stock form. And damnit, it's also not just about drag racing. A sub 100 hp car like my Fiat can be a lot of fun to drive and race, and not have drag racing ever, EVER, be a part of what you do with it.

These cars can indeed be a blast to race..

http://www.empire1.net/racing/images/car84a-1.jpg[/img]

http://www.empire1.net/racing/images/pic93.jpg

BTW, see the SSC on the side? That means Showroom Stock C, not a highly modded race car. Anyone who knows anything about road racing knows that when I discuss going road racing, I'm not talking about turning a car into a tube frame monster that has no relationship to the road car other than the name...

But if you do talk about drag racing, this car cost less than $2000 to build (including the price of the car) and ran mid 12s in the quarter:

http://grmotorsports.com/archives/IMAGES/2003neon.jpg

What "faster in stock form" car do you know of that does that at that price point?

Newyorker, you do need to get out and experience more cars, as there are a lot of cool cars out ther. I can understand why you like these, however, as they can indeed be cheap fun cars. Your Neon isn't like [i]these Neons, but it could be. And there are definitely worse things you can do with your life than build a fun ACR or R/T Neon.

Everyone else, get the f*ck off of it already, or you just risk proving how little you really know. I'm so sick of supposed automotive enthusiasts who are more than willing to prove how ignorant they are just so they can have the opportunity to voice an insulting opinion of someone's car.

[edit: picture code was messed up]

posted by  ChrisV

Actually that is his point, and it's a valid one. When you say "better" car, you need to define in which area it's better. For most people, a Viper, as fast as it is, is not very good at being a car. Neither is a Ferrari or Lambo, or any exotic.

posted by  ChrisV

Perhaps, but it's still not a level playing field for the comparison, this entire thread is still utterly retarded as it is almost entirely opinion based.

posted by  Bino

I'm still waiting for PontiacFan to come out here and prove to be right...for once :smoke:

posted by  newyorker

There's no such thing as a "level playing field" when it comes to " what's the better vehicle."

The entire thread is based on insulting someone's choice in cars. THAT'S what makes it retarded.

posted by  ChrisV

We're on the same page. "my car is better than yours" was the opinion I was referring to.

posted by  Bino

yes, but find a better stock car for the price you can buy one in todays moraket, and ill bow down to you. By the way, ive seen excelent condition VR4's go for under 12k with less than 100k miles on em. And they are buitl as PURE performance, hp wise, get up and go wise, not road race wise. diff types of performance, rember that.

posted by  ride3k

So, you're saying they're good straight line performance cars then? Let's see, 320hp, 3781 lbs, weak transmission, ~13.7 stock 1/4 mile. Those numbers won't knock your socks off. Still, I think they're cool. But the market is full of better performing vehicles in any category. Which, is why you don't see a lot of 3000GT's in any area of competitive racing, there's a few of them here and there, but they're not a fantastic racing vehicle in any sense.

posted by  Bino

if u ask me, for 10k to 12k 13.7 aint a bad starter for a 1/4 mile, but im jus saying, the aint bad performance car. But your pioint about racing is true, ive allways wondered why the aint made it onto the scene, prolly cuz the only had a 9 year life span, and almost no one makes parts for em, and yes, they are heavy. Take out all the stock goodies though and you can lose prolly around 250-400 pounds of junk

EDIT: eh, maybe not that much, but get new panels, hood, get rid of the sunroof and ull slim her down a bit more

posted by  ride3k

You're right, it's not terrible, but it's not spectacular either. They never made their way into racing... because there's better/cheaper vehicles in every category of racing. Still, neat car, fast enough to be a lot of fun. But really not a good car for racing.

posted by  Bino

ah yes, the magical thing called money, curse you, i hate thee!!

posted by  ride3k

You have a valid argument, but at the same time we aren't talking about SCCS or FIA racers. We are talking about a kid who tells insurance that hsi dad wrecked the vehicle so it won't go on his license. A kid who home built an intake. OBVIOSULY someone with not that much money. And to go and buy another car period, msot likely wouldn't be a good idea. An R/T of his car none-the-less, basically the same car he has now, wouldn't really be a great idea either would it? Yes he si always talking about modding cars and such but from what I have seen he doesn't have much spare money at all. So these are different circumstances of people we are talking about.

posted by  Pythias

1. I never wrecked that vehicle
2. a lot of ppl BS insurance to get it out cheaper
3. I didnt make that intake i wanted to, and its the same thing as a $270 iceman
4. I have money, just not enough to competely rebuild my car, and I see no point in getting small shit like headers, intake and exhaust, unless youre gona get everything else, because it wont make your car THAT much faster anyway.
5. R/T is not the same car I have now. Its a stick, 2 doors, and the SOHC engine has more aftermarket support than the DOHC
6. I talk about it because thats just me. I love cars, and love to do work on them. Unfortunately, time being I dont have enough money to make my car seriously fast, especially pushing a 3-speed auto.

posted by  newyorker

That would be fine were it true that you guys only stopped there, but you did NOT. Read the thread again, the insults were not just at newyorker (who so often deserves them), but directed at Neons, at anyone who likes to build a fast car from a slow one, etc. Trying to backpedal now and say you only insulted HIS neon and HIS likes is disingenuous at best.

He said he wanted to replace his Neon with an R/T and immediately the R/T was insulted, not him or HIS old Neon. It was said that upgrading just to get the higher trim is a waste of money, which is BS in this case, as there's a lot more to it than that. And what really set it off was this comment:

"What I don't understand is why in the hell people want to get economy cars and try to make them "fast". I'll never understand it. Why not get a car with over 200hp, rwd, and then make that faster...lord knows most 200hp rwd cars will smoke you're precious R/T's and ACR's. I wouldn't even drive a Neon as an economy car because they're bitch cars to begin with, but I guess that kind of car suits you well."

That't the ultimate in automotive ignorance, from someone I wouldn't have expected it from.

And then "But you can't take a Neon, and say you only want to have Neons." while calling him an idiot for it. Dudes, that how the hobby IS. People find a car they like even if it isn't a top model and are passionate about them. Fiats, MGs, Trabants, it doesn't matter. They aren't idiots for liking the cars. Now, when they do what newyorker does and insults other cars, THAT makes them idiots. But not the liking and owning of only one kind of car.

And then Bino comes back with "I lived with a guy who had a '98 R/T, he loved that car. I can honestly say it was a complete piece of crap. He just about had a standing appointment with the local dealership to have it in for some repair every two weeks. For almost the entire time I lived with him we would take that stupid car to get fixed every two weeks. A lot of it was still covered by the warranty, so maybe that's why he put up with it. But, seriously, piece of crap. It wasn't even THAT fast, it was quick... don't get me wrong. But it was not even close to worth the headache caused by owning it."

And I can say that about an example of ANY kind of car. or counter it with as many examples of that kind of car that has NO problems, even when abused. But we've gone over that before, to no avail.

And then YOU said:

"No, but come on getting an R/t for a weekend car. I can kinda understand your idea of getting a weekend car, but mostly thats something that is much nicer than your DD. And from what I understand it's not. So getting an R/T for a weekend car wouldn't serve the purpose. Especially since it's almost the same car."

And that shows a HUGE ignorance of the sports car hobby where people HAVE a daily driver and an almost identical weekend track day car EVEN WITH NEONS! It lets you race a car that is identical with your daily driver, but not have to worry about smashing up your daily driver, or it lets you drive regularly a version of your track car so you stay used to it. it's plenty common, from Neons and even Pintos up to Porsches and Ferraris (like the guy that has a 360 challenge Stradale and a 360 normal for street use). So yes, when you talk about this concept you ARE talking about the same things I am, and you show how little you KNOW about it.

Jesus how is this so f*cking hard for people to get?

Regardless of what you think of newyorker, STOP MAKING RETARDED STATEMENTS INSULTING A GROUP OF CARS WHEN YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE SUBJECT!

That's what I'm asking. Learn a little bit, Like what you like, and stop bagging on other choices!

posted by  ChrisV

how does a longer vehicle add to performance?......that adds to the turning radius if anything...

and it isn't "basically" a two seater. its either a two seater or not. and if you have a rear seat, it falls under not.

posted by  dodgerforlife

chrisV, i cannot find where newyorker said to get an R/T for a weekend car. i believe what started it was when he suggested i get an ACR for a weekend car and "maybe stick a turbo in it".

preformace wise, thats closer to an srt-4, but still costing slightly less, but with the possibility to be less reliable, given that rebuilding the engine may put me in the costs of a used SRT-4...

now, you brought up an example of someone having two trims of ferrari's. that in itself raises a few flags. the differnence between that person and me is WORLDS apart. that person obviously has alot of money if he can afford to have TWO ferrari's. newyorker is... 16 or 17, cant remember, and i'm 18. it's been confirmed in more then one posts that he doesnt have that much money, and i'm in college, so a 2nd car would be all but pointless (i've stated this before too). so in OUR situations, buying a 2nd car is really not feasable.

now, you say that buying a 2nd car means you dont have to worry about reliability of your daily driver. that is to insinuate that you WOULD be putting the reliability of the 2nd car under pressure. this of course means pouring more money, that we dont have, into these cars that we cant even buy in the first place. completely different then someone who can afford two ferrari's, wouldn't you agree?

i do understand your point, and the idea of a weekend car does not have to have anything to do with it being "better" then your daily driver. but in this case, in this discussion, it's really an outlandish idea, and i think deserves to be put under scrutiny. that's why i shot down that idea when he put it forth, because i was not only looking at the idea, but the specific situation.

the other point you made (which i believe again was based on something i said) was him simply replacing his neon with a neon R/T. again, i was looking at this idea from the perspective of money, or lack thereof. you said, "It was said that upgrading just to get the higher trim is a waste of money, which is BS in this case..." i dont understand how it's BS in this case. unless what he meant to say is after he has this car for another 5-10 years untill it just runs itself into the ground with problems that come to most cars at that age, THEN he'll get an R/T. in that case, i wouldnt see any reason to tell him no, except that theres the possibility that he's missing something out there that he might take a liking to even more then the neon.

but replacing a perfectly functioning (he says he's happy with the reliability) with something that is within 90% of the same car as what he has, for a cost that far excedes the difference in preformance, i dont see that as a logical decision. if he infact does have the money, that's fine. but from what i've gathered, he doesn't.

as for the bashing of the neons (especially R/T's) and newyorker himself, i of course will not defend or sanction that. :thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

Yes sir, I realize that is how the hobby is, find something you like and then become a "buff" on it. But the reason I said that is because he has no experience with other cars at all. He needs to expand his horizons. I'm sure theres a whole world of Neon enthusiasts out there, and rightly so, but thats not why Neonboy is one of them (if you can qualify him as one). He is a Neon enthusiast because thats the only thing he knows. Tomorrow he could crash his car, buy a Cavalier, and then we'd never hear the end of how great Cavaliers are.

In all fairness, I take back the "Idiot." comment. Immature. Thats more like it.

posted by  Mathew

What about the 100k a year he makes from selling Office on ebay?

posted by  PontiacFan27

yea um... he make's 100k, and his neon is still stock except a few vinals? :screwy:

i never saw that post, where did he claim that?

posted by  pik_d

You said that before, and I said i stopped working because I needed more time for my schoolwork. Maybe you are just too dense to hear things you dont want to hear.

posted by  newyorker

No you admitted that you were a huge liar for awhile, Making 100k each week. And YES he did say that Pik_d and there was about a 12 page argument all about it.

posted by  Pythias

That sums up what i was about to type. As for the other things yes I was wrong because I do nto have experience in thsoe things, but do you 6000le does either? No.

posted by  Pythias

my bad, longer dosent, i meant to say lower and wider does, but my car is also longer, my bad. Also it can be bassically be a two seater, have you ever seen the rear of a 3kGT? or any 2+2 before? the extra seats are just there for insurance, serve no purpose, unless you want to fit a person sideways =P

posted by  ride3k

ford probe gt....i can barely squeeze into the backseat, its a bloody contortion act.

posted by  dodgerforlife

ya, well, you cant even squeeze into my backseets, theres two seats back there, but you gotta use it as a bed to fit any normal sized person

posted by  ride3k

I can fit people into the back of my MX-6 alright, but its not the most comfortable thing. Its sad my friends would rather ride in my friends Tempo because the backseat of my DD is so small :orglaugh:

posted by  PontiacFan27

it would be a start, wouldn't it?????

posted by  glagon1979

There is a thread about chips. There is no thread about me "Making 100k a week". Stop being a little whiny bitch about it.

posted by  newyorker

Yes I meant getting it after this car is done with. I have 4 years of college ahead of me, and would like this car to last for at least 1/2 of that time.

posted by  newyorker

well in that case, just buy my car in 4 years. :mrgreen:

i wouldnt count on too many 1st gen neons being around at that time, and even less the R/T, since it probably made up a smaller percentage of the neons in that generation, as it has in the 2nd generation (i've never come across another R/T).

besides, by that time the newest 1st gen neon will be 10 years old... probably not something you'd want to buy for a primary car.

either way, there's a good chance you could change your mind a few times between now and then. i wouldnt try and make any definite decisions this soon. sure, think about it, figure out what alternatives sound attractive to you, weigh the pro's and con's, but dont close yourself off to an opportunity that may present itself down the road. :wink2:

posted by  pik_d

Where do you live and what kinda Neon you got? Gime details. :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

allllll the way down in NC. black 2003 neon R/T. completely stock. 5-speed. 6-disc cd changer (though... that's really a lie, it HOLD'S 6 cd's, but you have to manually switch between them, it wont randomize between them.) 45,200 miles.

but uhh... i'm keepin it till i get out of college, ask again in 4 years. :wink2:

posted by  pik_d

Whinny bitch? LOL OKKKK Big man here guys, he can insult someone who has yet to lie about who they are or what they do on these forums. YET there was about a 12-page discussion about how you made 100k a week and you drove around a Neon, because of something like, "well why waste money when I can make my own intake and save money instead" OF COURSE.. EVENTUALLY you admitted it was all BS, (which EVERYONE KNEW) and you lost a friend to it. And had to apologize to Nissan_Altima. YES I could bring it up and find it if I sought through all the different NAMES yo have ahd because of you being banned so much, through your ignorance. But I think I will leave it at this because anyone who has actually watched how you post and what you post, know that you NEED these forums. Seems almost like an addiction. How many different names altogether have you had? I think if they IP BANNED you you would find a way around it lol. A sad life you live indeed where you cannot simply not go away when banned repeatedly.

BTW even if I was a whiny little bitch... it would still be better than an ignorant waste of space, which is all you have proven time and time again through your posts.

posted by  Pythias

Proxy :wink2:

posted by  PontiacFan27

Why dont you stop bitching and actually get a life. Do you or anyone else here give a flying **** what I do and what I drive? I dont think so. Grow one. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

Umm, grow what? A life, cause surely that is not possible :screwy:

posted by  99integra

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showpost.php?p=144300&postcount=34
^^^Where he said it^^^

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17568&page=3&pp=15&highligh t=figures
^^^Full thread^^^

posted by  99integra

And where does it say I make that per month? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I'm still waiting for the PontiacFag to give me that comparison. :ticking:

posted by  newyorker

You're in line behind me. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

What comparison?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Here we go again

And you said

This is regarding the 3000GT. Care to explain yourself or be a Twinky? :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

I dont think that me or you will get what we really want. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

Well, in my eyes the 3kGT looks alot better than those cars, and performs better than all of them, except the SRT4 which it performs about the same.

posted by  PontiacFan27

"In my eyes" is not a valid argument. Your opinion isnt fact, and for the most part, hasnt been very informative for the past few weeks. Care to explain yourself to the Hobo? Or just admit you were wrong.

posted by  newyorker

newyorker, give it up, this thread is all opinon, and if i brought out performance stats on my car, none of those cars beats it. seeing as how i got my car for less than you can get almost any of those cars in good working order, i9 also dont see where your price comparison comes into play, so for 3 grand i can have a...

220hp, under 16 second car, with a brand new tranny, and less than 150k miles

OR
sum other shitty import that everyone and their mother has for 3 grand or less, and spend the remaing money on fixing it up so it still runs.

posted by  ride3k

Well its a fact that it performs better than them. I'm sure most non-biased people would think the 3kgt looks better than the cars you listed.

posted by  PontiacFan27

You got your car for 3 grand? From what idiot?

posted by  newyorker

Care to pull some numbers there for me?

posted by  newyorker

Now you're getting a little ignorant. It's common knowledge that a stock 3000GT is faster than a stock Neon. Think before you argue.

posted by  vwhobo

kbb for a 93 3kgt SL is only 4500, he was getting desperate to sell, and he was a rich f**ck neways. not an idiot. trust me, a car is only worth what ppl pay for em, i dont think my car is worth any more than 5 grand

posted by  ride3k

0-60 in under 6, that enough for you "twinkie" oh ya, thats on my model, not the VR-4

posted by  ride3k

Lol don't get mad cause he got his car for a good price, and you paid 2500 for yours, mmk Twinkie? :wink2:

Ignorance is bliss.... YOUR MISSING THE POINT! You carried on a thread for 12 pages LIEING about who you sare or what you do. It's not the point of what you ACTUALLY DO, or how little money you make.... It's more so the fact that you were so damn ignorant and stubborn to lie like that. Understand Twinkie? So pull your head outta your ass, cause it seems your getting dumber.

Yes I'll get right on that one, growing a life that is. :wink2:

And thanks to Steve for going out of hsi way and finding where you said that. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

And the other cars I mentioned?

posted by  newyorker

Actually cash, I paid 1500 :thumbs: . My parents decided to pay the rest. I have 5000+ in a CD account waiting for my next car.

posted by  newyorker

ok, whats those cars 0-60? how about 0-100, ro do some of the evn go to 100? how about top speed? 1/4 times? show me those numbers and ill show your better 3kgt times

posted by  ride3k

Actually it was assigned to PontiacFag, and he still cant come through. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Okay, I'm gonna waste my time looking up the performance numbers of EVERY car you listed when its common sense that a 3kGT will beat a 115 hp Del Slow or Civic.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Yes. A 140 horsepower Del Sol Si that weighs just about as much as a Lotus Elise. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

You wouldnt happen to mean the 127 hp Del Slow Si that weighs 500 more lbs than a Elise would you? Or the 160 hp Del Slow VTEC that weighs 600 more than an Elise? You know, the one that runs 2 second slower in the 1/4 mile?

posted by  PontiacFan27

It might weigh as much as the Elise but it doesnt have the power to match it gives up over 80 BHP and weighs approx 100lbs less. The 3KGT can beat it.

posted by  skeetin870

It doesnt, the Elise weighs in at 1900 lbs, the Del Sols weight in around 2500 :thumbs:

posted by  PontiacFan27

Riiiighhttt and my Mustang is a 5 second car in the 1/4 mile. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

My bad oh and the Si only has 125 BHP so it gives up 100 Horses and only weighs 1000 lbs less the curb weight is 2301. SO if my math is right the 3KGT still beats the little civic.
Oh and dont try to tell me im wrong because i have a source to back me up
civic del slow stats (http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2173/act /usedcarreviewspecs/)

posted by  skeetin870

Im not going to print and scan my bank statements for you. Let me just tell you my SS number so you can look up my life while im at it. :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

Ok newyorker i have a question for you. WTF why do you care it doesnt matter if nobody else likes the R/T if you do and if you have the cash you should get it. It doesnt matter. Why is it that any time i find a long thread it almost always has you bitching with somebody, or calling them a twink. Whats your problem goddamn calm down. I mean i can understand defnding your car but come on back off a little. Please?
Now can we leave this alone i dont think that theres anything new that can be said about this.

posted by  skeetin870

yeah i can add one last thing.....

neons suck.

posted by  nick27

Awww muffin, you amuse me. You've been on the forums for what, a month now, and you think you know everything that goes on. It's so cute. Did you personally ask every other person to see if they dislike the R/T? Didn't think so muffin. I like the R/T. I just wouldn't buy it, considering I'm driving an 05 SX 2.0

And just how many long threads have you read exactly? There are several examples that go against what you just said.

It's even cuter, you telling him to calm down. Maybe you should take a dose of your own medicine, muffy-wuffy.

Oh, and I wouldn't expect him to not say anything after you write up a post like that.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Man, do us all a favour and just shut up. You originally thought that the Neon wasn't even a Dodge, but rather an Japenese Import....so if you can't even get the country right, I'm going to listen to you about as well as I listen to a whiney little bitch. Which is not all all.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I wont even comment these people anymore. Im trying to be nice to the Nick fellow with advice in the other thread and if he doenst want to accept it and mature up a bit, then too bad. I dont want to respond to any of these people, because it will simply lead to nothing good and maybe someone getting banned. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

If you can prove exactly why with 3 valid and proffesional arguments, I will never defend the Neon again. Fair enough?

posted by  newyorker

its my oppinion man... i dont really h8 them i actually like the srt-4's, i was just playin with ya cause u were gettin me mad

posted by  nick27

SRT-4 is da bomb. My current goals
2006: finish high school and get accepted to college
2007: majoring in business start parttime work and save 5 more grand
2008: Vote for someone thats not like bush, and then celebrate by paying off a 2005 SRT-4 with under 15k miles in cash full. :mrgreen:

My next few years are planned.

posted by  newyorker

add me to the neon club

posted by  illusion34

Hey just because I've only been a member for a month doesnt mean i havent been here. And ive got nothing against Neons i personally think that they do the job they are designed to do well. They are economical to buy and run. They have a good aftermartket following, and quite frankly there are alot of people out there who like them. They wouldnt have been around for so long if nobody did. Hey if you want one and you can afford it go for it.
Quite frankly i wouldnt mind an SRT-4 myself.

posted by  skeetin870

Its funny how some people (not saying you) like the SDRT-4 but hate the Neon....when they are basically twins

posted by  newyorker

Well, the SRT4 isnt slow, the Neon is.

posted by  PontiacFan27

and they look alot different

EDIT: wow, i think i need to work on my engrish

posted by  ride3k

But in reality, the neon is like an adolescent SRT-4, while the real SRT-4 has all of its stuff balanced out. Its quite nice I must say. I havent met anyone that didnt like it so far.

posted by  newyorker

I hope that was sarcasm.

posted by  Bino

not really, and you can get an SRT dress up package for the Neon/SX

posted by  dodgerforlife

With the wheels too?

posted by  newyorker

eh, i think they look rele different. I mean, it is jus a neon with a body kit (looks wise) and it just stands out more. thats why i think they look a lot different. opinon man, opinon

posted by  ride3k

Yeah, you can hardly tell it's a neon.... oh, wait.

posted by  Bino

So what...even if its a Neon, its fast, with a very large aftermarket support.

posted by  newyorker

You said they look way different. I'm merely trying to make you realize that they don't in fact look different at all. They are a very quick car.

posted by  Bino

They dont look VERY different, but they are a bit apart. Its like comparing a civic with a kit and without. Changes the car a lot.

posted by  newyorker

I say again... yeah, you can hardly tell it's a Neon. It changes the car a little, just enough for you to realize it's probably an SRT-4, or somebody who bought the 3-4 necessary parts to make their car look like an SRT-4.

posted by  Bino

meh..doesnt matter much its a kickass car. Neon isnt that bad either.

posted by  newyorker

Agree to disagree. We're never going to agree on the Neon, so we'll just leave it at that.

posted by  Bino

thats best :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Get a BMW. Yu could make it really nice like mine......

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/kirbyROXOR/hghghghgghhghg.jpg

posted by  n00dle

Arent you the coolest idiot ive met. At least this one can use paint.

posted by  newyorker

Your Message